+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big 12 is GONE!

Bulldog CT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really nice

Re: Big 12 is GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Thanks, I was just curious. Good to have you on the board. Why did you go to OU?
    Its right fit for me and what I wanted to major in(energy management). I grew up in Katy TX and a lot of people from my school go to OU so I visited the campus and loved it. I'm glad I made the decision to come here and love the football and tradition even though I still attend multiple SEC and at least one tech game a year since I've been in school

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    So much upheaval it's spilling over to message boards;

Rutgers fans some how are on CUSA boards, PAC 10 fans posting on Big 10, SEC fans on Sunbelt boards, otre Dame fans posting everywhere, HUMAN SACRAFICE, DOGS AND CATS LIVINING TOGETHER, MASS HYSTERIA!!!
    Thank you! I needed that - I laughed out loud.

Big Dog JL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the rough

Why not believe the AD from your own school? That's where the info came from. He is no idiot. Hard to find a more successful business man in North Texas.

Like I said...could be wrong, but his info is from the insided. Maybe he misinterpreted and the comment was meant to mean that for "all intents and purposes" the conference is done, but he did use the word dissolved. Even mentioned TV deal being history.

There is no reason for the teams that are left to dissolve the conference. Your friend is an idiot for believing that.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

What is the name of the school? Does your buddy know that the Big 12 has at least one whole year that it has to stay together? He must think each school that is leaving the Big 12 has a U-Hall backed up to their fieldhouse and they are loading it as I sit here typing. He may not be an idiot, but, he has some serious issues. If you tell me he is an A&M alumnus, then I will understand.

Big Dog JL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the rough

He is Texas Tech and of the "Davidson" alum level. Who knows what is true at this point. I was just passing along some info from someone who has always spot on.

What is the name of the school? Does your buddy know that the Big 12 has at least one whole year that it has to stay together? He must think each school that is leaving the Big 12 has a U-Hall backed up to their fieldhouse and they are loading it as I sit here typing. He may not be an idiot, but, he has some serious issues. If you tell me he is an A&M alumnus, then I will understand.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

What is a "Davidson" level?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

What is a "Davidson" level?
    Don you are being contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Don you are being contrary.

You know he means Davison.

Thank you and goodnight.

I sit here and read these stupid posts all day til I can't take it any more and I just have to respond to some that are so rediculous like the title of this thread. How could anybody be so stupid that they think the Big 12 conference is going to dissolve tomorrow when they have a full year to go with the teams they have now? And, some of the people that post this stuff claim to be college graduates.

Varsity Bulldog SpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant future

Dogs, I have reason to believe a new Big12 is on the horizon. Here is to hoping both of our schools come out well after the dust settles. Going to be a wild month ahead.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

There is no reason for the teams that are left to dissolve the conference. Your friend is an idiot for believing that.
    Been trying to tell you folks for weeks now.
    The BIG XII cannot and will not survive without the FOUR big boys.
    The move of NEBRASKA forced the hands of the other 3 and now the Big12 will have none of those 4 "anchor-type" programs (NEB, Tex, OU, A&M).

Without those, the others will be forced to flee to other conferences. They cannot maintain a TV contract or bowl affiliation without those big programs.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Don you need to smoke a cigarette or take a nap or something. Chill

Varsity Bulldog SpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    Been trying to tell you folks for weeks now.
    The BIG XII cannot and will not survive without the FOUR big boys.
    The move of NEBRASKA forced the hands of the other 3 and now the Big12 will have none of those 4 "anchor-type" programs (NEB, Tex, OU, A&M).

Without those, the others will be forced to flee to other conferences. They cannot maintain a TV contract or bowl affiliation without those big programs.
    Actually, it will be easy for them to keep those things. They merely have to add teams. The Big East did exactly the same thing when the ACC raided the big BE teams. The remaining teams will get 70 million in exit fees from the teams leaving and will get their basketball credits. It takes nine votes to disband the Big12 and teams not having to pay the 10 million exit fee.

+ Reply to Thread