+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Big 12 is GONE!

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: Big 12 is GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    Actually, it will be easy for them to keep those things. They merely have to add teams. The Big East did exactly the same thing when the ACC raided the big BE teams. The remaining teams will get 70 million in exit fees from the teams leaving and will get their basketball credits. It takes nine votes to disband the Big12 and teams not having to pay the 10 million exit fee.
    I just dropped my keyboard.........a good post by a USM fan....and there was no slander of Tech by the USM poster.......eager eagle must have just passed on to the next life...

maybe these USM fans are human...instead of all those horrible things that OM and MSU fans have been telling us about USM...

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    I just dropped my keyboard.........a good post by a USM fan....and there was no slander of Tech by the USM poster.......eager eagle must have just passed on to the next life...

maybe these USM fans are human...instead of all those horrible things that OM and MSU fans have been telling us about USM...
    Spread is and has always been good people

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

And to think I always thought USM fans were miserable self loathing. I know I would be, I have been to Oxford, Hattisburg, and Starksville. How two of those towns have SEC schools in them when the other is much larger.

Varsity Bulldog NO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by JL View Post
    I just spoke to a MAJOR insider from a prominent Big12 school. Enough of an insider that he has recieved calls from the chancellor and AD. He got a call from his athletic director this morning to update him. The Big 12 is disolved as of tomorrow morning. Done deal. No invitations from PAC 10, but they are expected soon. I asked if there was mention of SEC and UT/A&M. He said no comments about that situation were made. There is a meeting of large donors for this university on Monday morning in Dallas.

It has begun!
    Didn't Yoda say this in Star Wars: Episode 3?

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post

See this is what I'm talking about, real wrath-of-god type stuff, fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! USM posters making good posts!

Just a quick safety tip to remember during all this conference upheaval, we can't cross the conference streams, it would be bad, like all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

:icon_wink:

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    +1

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Yes he has. +2

Big Dog MTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    See this is what I'm talking about, real wrath-of-god type stuff, fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! USM posters making good posts!

Just a quick safety tip to remember during all this conference upheaval, we can't cross the conference streams, it would be bad, like all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Where these stairs go?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I sit here and read these stupid posts all day til I can't take it any more and I just have to respond to some that are so rediculous like the title of this thread. How could anybody be so stupid that they think the Big 12 conference is going to dissolve tomorrow when they have a full year to go with the teams they have now? And, some of the people that post this stuff claim to be college graduates.
    Just another reason you need to find something else to do with tour time, old man. You spend TOO MUCH time on this board. You should be using your "golden years" more wisely. :icon_wink:

HD

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

I think we all need to have a big drink...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Here's what NEEDS to happen:

Baylor, Iowa ST, KSU and Missouri should stay in the Big 12 for now. (Kansas will go to the new PAC 16, filling Tex A&M's spot, who will separate from Texas and go to the SEC.)

Those 4 remaining Big XII schools should add the following:

UTEP
    SMU
    Rice
    Houston
    USM
    LA Tech
    Tulane
    Tulsa

There you have it. A darn fine, Central time zone, conference with GREAT geography.

TCU doesn't want Baylor in the MWC, so this is Baylor's best option for now.(See link here: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.20b625e.html

It's also the best option for Iowas St, KSU & Missou.

When Missouri finally leaves for greener pastures (and they will), simply substitute UNT --with their new $100M stadium-- for Missouri.

HD

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

Baylor, Iowa ST, KSU and Missouri should stay in the Big 12 for now. (Kansas will go to the new PAC 16, filling Tex A&M's spot, who will separate from Texas and go to the SEC.)

UTEP
    SMU
    Rice
    Houston
    USM
    LA Tech
    Tulane
    Tulsa

There you have it. A darn fine, Central time zone, conference with GREAT geography.

TCU doesn't want Baylor in the MWC, so this is Baylor's best option for now.(See link here: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.20b625e.html

When Missouri finally leaves for greener pastures (and they will), simply substitute UNT --with their new $100M stadium-- for Missouri.

HD

I'm with you on that. Good Basketball, decent football, good academics. I would love that conference. My main concern right now is that we end up with Rice and Tulane and hopefully, SMU and USM. Anything and everything else is a bonus.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

UTEP
    SMU
    Rice
    Houston
    USM
    LA Tech
    Tulane
    Tulsa

HD
    Several of us have been saying something along those lines all week, but get shot down. It makes the most sense for those teams. Also, don't automatically think that a conference like that would lose AQ status. Those 4 schools will fight to keep the AQ status alive for the B12. Also, if AQ status is there, I might substitute going for TCU over SMU. Just to kick it up a notch. I, also, think Memphis would think twice about a Big East invite if they had a chance at a conference like this that was AQ.

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post

Dogs and cats, living together...mass hysteria!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard ANYONE mention that with Nebraska leaving next July 1, the Big 12 will not have the 12 members required to have a football conference championship game in 2011.

+ Reply to Thread