+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: La Tech AD Releases Statement

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: La Tech AD Releases Statement

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That statement sounds like LA Tech has once again been rebuffed by CUSA.

HD
    We have a long way to go in this process. You and I have both been saying for the past few months that the Big 10 would expand to 14 and then 16. Nothing has changed, except the fact the Big 12 presidents forced the Big 10 presidents to act now on Nebraska, which they really didn't want to do.

If they don't do anything in the next few weeks, the Big 10 presidents will wait until next April or May, gauge Notre Dame's interest once again, and then expand to at least 14 with or without the Irish. It may be another 2 to 5 years, but they will eventually expand to 16. They have to. They need the live programming for their network and are probably under enormous pressure from NewsCorp, which owns 49% of that network, to expand. Rupert Murdoch is going to want his money.

Tech's realistic expectation is to join CUSA. For us to do that, Big 10 expansion needs to be in phases in order for the Big East to survive and thus hopefully pull at least one or two teams from CUSA. There are a lot of scenarios out there, but this was two months ago and remains Tech's most realistic path to CUSA.

People are thinking days at this point, but this process could take several more years to play out.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Watching the press release: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSfmCvJ8ozY

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    We have a long way to go in this process. You and I have both been saying for the past few months that the Big 10 would expand to 14 and then 16. Nothing has changed, except the fact the Big 12 presidents forced the Big 10 presidents to act now on Nebraska, which they really didn't want to do.

If they don't do anything in the next few weeks, the Big 10 presidents will wait until next April or May, gauge Notre Dame's interest once again, and then expand to at least 14 with or without the Irish. It may be another 2 to 5 years, but they will eventually expand to 16. They have to. They need the live programming for their network and are probably under enormous pressure from NewsCorp, which owns 49% of that network, to expand. Rupert Murdoch is going to want his money.

Tech's realistic expectation is to join CUSA. For us to do that, Big 10 expansion needs to be in phases in order for the Big East to survive and thus hopefully pull at least one or two teams from CUSA. There are a lot of scenarios out there, but this was two months ago and remains Tech's most realistic path to CUSA.

People are thinking days at this point, but this process could take several more years to play out.

I agree with what you said, EXCEPT that we need to be concerned that Baylor (in particular) and the other 3 (or 4) Big XII refugees panic and start either 1) inviting area CUSA schools to join them in a NEW Big 12, or 2) move to other conferences themselves.

The later scenario will likely include KSU, ISU and Missouri moving to the MWC, and Baylor being left behind as the sole Big 12 team remaining without a home. This could be devestating to LA Tech, because it could take away a CUSA spot we were hoping for.

Regardless of whether there are vacancies or not, I believe CUSA will go after Baylor REAL HARD, RIGHT NOW!!! (This may be where you and I differ on the timing.) CUSA officials won't let this opportunity pass. With this in mind, LA Tech's "best" play may be to try to convince CUSA officials to expand to 14 NOW, and take both LA Tech and Baylor in the process (just as we entered the WAC with Boise St 2001).

If I were Bruce VD, I would be scheduling FACE-to-FACE meetings wth Baylor and CUSA officials ASAP. We need to convince CUSA to go to 14 teams now, and we need to be joined at the hip with Baylor. We could feasibily ride Baylor's coattails to the CUSA ball.

HD

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    KTBS just reported that BVDV just released the following statement:

"There is a great deal of speculation regarding conference realignment which is being driven by a few institutions and an even fewer number of conferences. While this is certainly an interesting and ever-changing time in the collegiate landscape, we are a proud member of the WAC, and have been since we joined the league in 2001."

Not exactly what I wanted to hear. Sounds like he is fully expecting us two remain in the WAC.
    KTBS has their heads up their asses, once I saw the rest of the statement, I'm much more comfortable.

http://louisianatech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1093621

"Like every other Division I program in the country, I am diligently working with Louisiana Tech President Dr. Dan Reneau to ensure the best interests of Louisiana Tech University are kept at the forefront of our agenda. With unprecedented growth around the university and Ruston, a new head football coach in Sonny Dykes, two prosperous basketball programs that continue to grow and countless other stories of success, I am confident the future of Louisiana Tech athletics is very bright.""

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Tim Fletcher bungles another one. He's been wrong so many times we should start believing the opposite of what he says.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree with what you said, EXCEPT that we need to be concerned that Baylor (in particular) and the other 3 (or 4) Big XII refugees panic and start either 1) inviting area CUSA schools to join them in a NEW Big 12, or 2) move to other conferences themselves.

The later scenario will likely include KSU, ISU and Missouri moving to the MWC, and Baylor being left behind as the sole Big 12 team remaining without a home. This could be devestating to LA Tech, because it could take away a CUSA spot we were hoping for.

Regardless of whether there are vacancies or not, I believe CUSA will go after Baylor REAL HARD, RIGHT NOW!!! (This may be where you and I differ on the timing.) CUSA officials won't let this opportunity pass. With this in mind, LA Tech's "best" play may be to try to convince CUSA officials to expand to 14 NOW, and take both LA Tech and Baylor in the process (just as we entered the WAC with Boise St 2001).

If I were Bruce VD, I would be scheduling FACE-to-FACE meetings wth Baylor and CUSA officials ASAP. We need to convince CUSA to go to 14 teams now, and we need to be joined at the hip with Baylor. We could feasibily ride Baylor's coattails to the CUSA ball.

HD
    I agree, Baylor to CUSA makes too much sense with UTEP, Rice, Tulsa, and Houston already there. CUSA would have a good hold on Texas with that addition. Also, it would help the conference spread toward UTEP and help justify keeping them on.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    KTBS has their heads up their asses, once I saw the rest of the statement, I'm much more comfortable.

"Like every other Division I program in the country, I am diligently working with Louisiana Tech President Dr. Dan Reneau to ensure the best interests of Louisiana Tech University are kept at the forefront of our agenda. With unprecedented growth around the university and Ruston, a new head football coach in Sonny Dykes, two prosperous basketball programs that continue to grow and countless other stories of success, I am confident the future of Louisiana Tech athletics is very bright.""
    I agree.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    Reads alot different then what was reported.

bump

+ Reply to Thread