+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: La Tech AD Releases Statement

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: La Tech AD Releases Statement

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    What else could he really say at this time?
    Exactly what the Houston AD said yesterday.....that would be a damn good start.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Don't really see what the big deal is. What else could he really say at this time?
    Nothing. Which would be much better. This comment is making us think that we will in fact be screwed.

Guest Lilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I believe that BVDV seems to think that the Big 10 will stay at 12 and the Big 12 will keep its core members plus some minor additions. That is what he meant by "few institutions and fewer conferences".

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

He said basically the only thing he could say at this time -

Everyone KNOWS we are basically throwing everything including the kitchen sink at CUSA hoping to get an invite....

But he said what he had to say
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by svb002 View Post
    Sounds like he's saying something just to say it. That statement says absolutely nothing.
    Why would he say something just to say it?

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

It's the fact that we got passed up before. We are looking for forward thinking and an act first mentality, a mentality that our previous AD had and the one before him lacked ever so much. We want more from Bruce.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

That says to me that says Tech is in the WAC until it is not in the WAC. Nothing more and nothing less.

Too many people trying to parse every word. We don't need another debate on the definition of "is".

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Is this a situation where he needs to keep quiet to prevent tipping our hand? Do we have something in the works or in some form of negotiation that need to be kept quiet?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by svb002 View Post
    Sounds like he's saying something just to say it. That statement says absolutely nothing.
    Obviously our hopes and wishes to be in another conference aren't as close to a reality as it is for other schools. When the opportunity hits, don't be surprised if there is a complete 180 in BVDV's release. I agree that it was just something to print so we could be in the paper.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    He said basically the only thing he could say at this time -

Everyone KNOWS we are basically throwing everything including the kitchen sink at CUSA hoping to get an invite....

But he said what he had to say
    I disagree. I think it is exactly the opposite. I gathered from his statement that it's the schools that are creating this "shakeup", that it is NOT the conferences therefore, there is little we can do until CUSA makes that "official" call. And instead of pushing CUSA into taking us, we will just "chill" and hope that the call comes. NOT what I want to hear!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I called Bruce and asked him why he released this statement. He stated he wants to make BBB history and garner more posts than BTE II

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    I disagree. I think it is exactly the opposite. I gathered from his statement that it's the schools that are creating this "shakeup", that it is NOT the conferences therefore, there is little we can do until CUSA makes that "official" call. And instead of pushing CUSA into taking us, we will just "chill" and hope that the call comes. NOT what I want to hear!
    I disagree with that analysis.

You bet your bottom dollar that the Tech admin is pushing behind the scenes...HARD. But the last thing needed is to indicate PUBLICLY that we are pushing CUSA. IF CUSA feels pressured publicly there could be a negative backlash.

Playing it low-key publicly with a full-court press privately is the right way to handle this.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 06-12-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    What IF we have been in CONSTANT contact with CUSA for over two months and have had several meetings with said officials and we have a point man assigned for the sole purpose of landing us an open slot IF it occurs -

Outside of that, you really can't do much more....

You say you are a proud member of X conference until you are a proud member of Y conference

Anything else could royally screwup getting into Y conference
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    That says to me that says Tech is in the WAC until it is not in the WAC. Nothing more and nothing less.

Too many people trying to parse every word. We don't need another debate on the definition of "is".
    +1

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    I disagree with that analysis.

You bet you bottom dollar that the Tech admin is pushing behind the scenes...HARD. But the last thing needed is to indicate PUBLICLY that we are pushing CUSA. IF CUSA feels pressured publicly there could be a negative backlash.

Playing it low-key publicly with a full-court press privately is the right way to handle this.
    The problem isn't as much what he is saying but why he is saying it. We know you don't officially say we want out (unless you are Boise State). But what purpose does this comment serve?

+ Reply to Thread