+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just my thoughts

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Re: Just my thoughts

I would like a group of schools to look to the future, bite the bullet on the basketball credits for a couple of years, and form a new regional conference. There is a great conference just waiting to emerge in our neighborhood if some schools have the stones to make it happen.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfido View Post
    You will NEVER EVER see CUSA expand to 16. Heck NONE of the non-aq conferences will expand to 16. It won't work because the pie is just not as big as a PAC 16 pie or a Big16 or an SEC 16. It would just be the old WAC again and we all know what happened there. You can throw that scenario OUT. CUSA will never have more than 12 teams in it. For the record CUSA is not trying to "keep up" with the MWC. The two are not even on the same planet.
    With a few additions, they would be close to the same footing. You have to stop thinking in terms of what things look like now and what they COULD look like. The old WAC didn't work because they were inept at managing it and the teams they chose could not carry their market. Put some former AQ teams and other teams that CAN carry their market, try for AQ, and get a lucrative TV deal and you are talking about a different story.

Varsity Bulldog BulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of light

Nobody in the SEC is in any trouble.
    Still safe bet that no one in the SEC will get the boot. I see growth, but not replacement.

Oh, I agree..... Guess my bigger point is that even those who could expect to be "safe" from the fallout are feeling the uneasiness......

I mean......

WORST CASE: WHAT IF the letting us keep our cowbells one more year is going to turn into our consolation prize in a booting?

BEST CASE: More humongous schools with more humongous budgets to try to compete against...... A&M is ok, but you'll be hard pressed to find an MSU-er who is excited about playing Texas. Alabama is plenty enough ego for us, thanks.....

BEST OF THE BEST: No changes at all in the SEC. Just let us have our cowbell ...

As for you guys.... I'm pulling for you to be in CUSA....... :icon_wink:

Guest Lilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    With a few additions, they would be close to the same footing. You have to stop thinking in terms of what things look like now and what they COULD look like. The old WAC didn't work because they were inept at managing it and the teams they chose could not carry their market. Put some former AQ teams and other teams that CAN carry their market, try for AQ, and get a lucrative TV deal and you are talking about a different story.
    champion110;928131]With a few additions, they would be close to the same footing. You have to stop thinking in terms of what things look like now and what they COULD look like. The old WAC didn't work because they were inept at managing it and the teams they chose could not carry their market. Put some former AQ teams and other teams that CAN carry their market, try for AQ, and get a lucrative TV deal and you are talking about a different story.[/quote

Sounds beautiful but you see you have that problem of regents and fan that turn their nose up and schools that they feel are beneath them. They don't want certain schools in the conference no matter how much it might help or make sense. They don't even want to hear talk about it. Sound familiar? That same attitude that some of our board members have towards sunbelters are showed towards us from schools in larger conferences. Kansas, Missouri, or even Baylor wouldn't even want to entertain the discussion of playing in a conference with schools like us. I'm no fan of the Sunbelt but I absolutely deplore the attitude that a great many on this board show towards that conference. An arrogance like no other is shown here and for what? Sure we have great achievements and I'm proud as hell of them but there are many schools that have done so so much more with a better attitude at that. Boise comes to mind. They are a class act on and off the field. Perhaps if we could display a better attitude towards schools are just like us, maybe we could enjoy a little of that karma. Think on it.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgMom View Post
    Oh, I agree..... Guess my bigger point is that even those who could expect to be "safe" from the fallout are feeling the uneasiness......

I mean......

WORST CASE: WHAT IF the letting us keep our cowbells one more year is going to turn into our consolation prize in a booting?

BEST CASE: More humongous schools with more humongous budgets to try to compete against...... A&M is ok, but you'll be hard pressed to find an MSU-er who is excited about playing Texas. Alabama is plenty enough ego for us, thanks.....

BEST OF THE BEST: No changes at all in the SEC. Just let us have our cowbell ...

As for you guys.... I'm pulling for you to be in CUSA....... :icon_wink:

MSU is safe and no one gets booted. Very small chance that Vandy jumps to the Big 11, but that would be the only subtraction that I could see. It is going to be interesting to see what the SEC does, especially if the Pac 10 adds a sixpack.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

i believe you will see two large conferences out of what were three......wac, mwc and b12

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

I just don't see the TV money for an expanded C-USA. There isn't a single team you can throw at it that would constitute a significant upgrade in bargaining power at the TV table.
    Even the best case scenario (C-USA), if they could land Kansas, still wouldn't be enough bargaining power to drive a strong TV deal. It might increase some, but not enough to make it beneficial once you split it 16 ways.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    I just don't see the TV money for an expanded C-USA. There isn't a single team you can throw at it that would constitute a significant upgrade in bargaining power at the TV table.
    Even the best case scenario (C-USA), if they could land Kansas, still wouldn't be enough bargaining power to drive a strong TV deal. It might increase some, but not enough to make it beneficial once you split it 16 ways.
    It will not be about an increase in tv money for conferences such as CUSA - it will be about decrease of expenses amongst the members

Only the MWC could possible see an increase in TV dollars amongst the non-AQs
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

champion110;928131]With a few additions, they would be close to the same footing. You have to stop thinking in terms of what things look like now and what they COULD look like. The old WAC didn't work because they were inept at managing it and the teams they chose could not carry their market. Put some former AQ teams and other teams that CAN carry their market, try for AQ, and get a lucrative TV deal and you are talking about a different story.[/quote

Sounds beautiful but you see you have that problem of regents and fan that turn their nose up and schools that they feel are beneath them. They don't want certain schools in the conference no matter how much it might help or make sense. They don't even want to hear talk about it. Sound familiar? That same attitude that some of our board members have towards sunbelters are showed towards us from schools in larger conferences. Kansas, Missouri, or even Baylor wouldn't even want to entertain the discussion of playing in a conference with schools like us. I'm no fan of the Sunbelt but I absolutely deplore the attitude that a great many on this board show towards that conference. An arrogance like no other is shown here and for what? Sure we have great achievements and I'm proud as hell of them but there are many schools that have done so so much more with a better attitude at that. Boise comes to mind. They are a class act on and off the field. Perhaps if we could display a better attitude towards schools are just like us, maybe we could enjoy a little of that karma. Think on it.
    Ask Boise about Idaho.......

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Ask Boise about Idaho.......
    This Lilfido guy is eager eagle or Salty.

Guest Lilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It will not be about an increase in tv money for conferences such as CUSA - it will be about decrease of expenses amongst the members

And that is why you wont see a non-AQ conference expand beyond 12.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Thank you, Captain Obvious!!!

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Thank you, Captain Obvious!!!

HD

That is not so obvious to some of your buddies. I've seen many posts of CUSA to 16 and MWC to 16 nonsense.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Dwayne, I don't understand the thought process that suggests that a league would expand without expecting an increase in TV dollars.
    By expanding, you have to split the current money 4 more ways.
    Instead of Tulane getting 1/12 of the pie....they would now get 1/16 of the pie.
    That pie better get considerably bigger or the move is futile.

However, I still think we have a legit shot at a C-USA invite due to a couple of teams being courted by the BigEast

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Teatech....is that you?????

+ Reply to Thread