+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just my thoughts

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    Dwayne, I don't understand the thought process that suggests that a league would expand without expecting an increase in TV dollars.
    By expanding, you have to split the current money 4 more ways.
    Instead of Tulane getting 1/12 of the pie....they would now get 1/16 of the pie.
    That pie better get considerably bigger or the move is futile.

However, I still think we have a legit shot at a C-USA invite due to a couple of teams being courted by the BigEast
    In an 8 team division, Tulane cuts down on travel for a number of sports. They may only play at an East division school (for football) once every other year.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Guest Lilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    In an 8 team division, Tulane cuts down on travel for a number of sports. They may only play at an East division school (for football) once every other year.

THAT would make up for the lost revenue from the additional teams?? TOUGH SELL!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfido View Post
    That is not so obvious to some of your buddies. I've seen many posts of CUSA to 16 and MWC to 16 nonsense.
    It's not so obvious to MWC commisioner Thompson, either, who is on record as saying the MWC would consider adding up to 5 Big 12 schools.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread