+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TCU / Baylor

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

TCU / Baylor

just what some BBBers were typing a week ago:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5279018

The Mountain West Conference was a geographical misnomer from the beginning, as it launched with San Diego State among its eight original teams before adding TCU in 2005 and Boise State on Friday.
    The conference's reach doesn't appear to be stopping there.
    According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Kansas, Missouri and Kansas State are on the Mountain West's radar amid a continuing shakeup of the Big 12.
    But Baylor isn't considered a candidate to join the conference, with TCU standing staunchly in its way, the Fort Worth newspaper reported, citing unnamed sources.

"The Mountain West wants to be a national player and continue to grow in that realm," MWC commissioner Craig Thompson said in a conference call with reporters Friday. "We are extremely interested in BCS automatic qualification. We are simply trying to get to the level where each and every year a Mountain West team is playing in a BCS bowl game."
    TCU would mount a lobbying effort against Baylor if the Bears are left out of the conference-realignment mix, the Star-Telegram reported.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: TCU / Baylor

baylor to cusa if that's how it shakes out

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    baylor to cusa if that's how it shakes out
    That's not good for LA Tech. Baylor to CUSA simply robs us of another spot. I sincerely hope that Baylor sticks with the Big 12 and tries to add (per my "New Big 12" thread).

The other scenario is, we need to convince CUSA to expand to 14 NOW, and take LA Tech and Baylor in the process (just like we entered the WAc with Boise in 2001).

HD
    Last edited by HogDawg; 06-12-2010 at 11:37 AM.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

["... We are simply trying to get to the level where each and every year a Mountain West team is playing in a BCS bowl game." [/quote]

IMO with 4 pretty good teams (TCU, Utah, BYU and BSU), its going to improbable to have undefeated seasons and even one loss seasons will be tough. They will have to continue to dominate OOC AQ teams to earn BCS bids.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's not good for LA Tech. Baylor to CUSA simply robs us of another spot. I sincerely hope that Baylor sticks with the Big 12 and tries to add (per my "New Big 12" thread).

The other scenario is, we need to convince CUSA to expand to 14 NOW, and take LA Tech and Baylor in the process (just like we entered the WAc with Boise in 2001).

HD
    I agree, now the folks that thought that TCU would play in a conference with SMU can see the strong positions TCU can take.

I can see CUSA expanding to 14 or 16, and hope one of those spots is us.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

The longer this goes the more Texas isn't running the ship.

I have a hunch that Texas politics is getting more and more involved

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    I agree, now the folks that thought that TCU would play in a conference with SMU can see the strong positions TCU can take.

I can see CUSA expanding to 14 or 16, and hope one of those spots is us.
    CUSA needs to set it sites on a 16 team league and try to rival MWC. I hope that is what their consultant is advising. It makes no sense for them not to try for AQ status, as well.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

So, does this mean, that if the 5 Big 12 teams that are left, start inviting other teams to join them, TCU would turn down an offer. Sounds good to me.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    So, does this mean, that if the 5 Big 12 teams that are left, start inviting other teams to join them, TCU would turn down an offer. Sounds good to me.
    I think they would accept on 2 terms - SMU is not in it and the B12 keeps AQ status. They may want Baylor out of the MWC, but the chance to play in an AQ B12 would bring them back.

What would be hilarious is if SMU ended up in a AQ B12 and TCU was stuck in MWC. Even if MWC was AQ, it would mean a non regional conference with the same or lesser strength.

TCU has gone for separation and achieved that over SMU and other non-AQ Texas teams. Can't blame them for that. Their bias against Baylor, though, is interesting.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Great point!

If the B12 5 were to stay together, TCU might have just burned its chance, anyway. Baylor would block them.

+ Reply to Thread