+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SEC commissioner in College Station

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Re: SEC commissioner in College Station

Quote Originally Posted by MTSUPiKapp View Post
    I've always gotten the impression that both Maryland and Virginia are very much southern in certain areas and very much not in others. I went to College Park for our game against Maryland(not the one we won last year, one we lost in I like 2006) and College Park did have a bit of a southern feel to it, much more than a northern feel anyway.
    Virginia is very, very southern, and proudly so. Except for the northern counties around DC, which have long since been infiltrated and are now essentially communist.

Maryland is about as southern as iced tea with Sweet and Low in it. Beautiful state, but no Southerner considers Maryland southern. The SEC is run by Southerners.

SEC would potentially consider expansion into Virginia, but never Maryland IMHO.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MTSUPiKapp View Post
    I've always gotten the impression that both Maryland and Virginia are very much southern in certain areas and very much not in others. I went to College Park for our game against Maryland(not the one we won last year, one we lost in I like 2006) and College Park did have a bit of a southern feel to it, much more than a northern feel anyway.
    I agree that Maryland is surprisingly southern in some areas (like the areas around the lower potomac).

But college park is not southern. Its in the beltway and there is no South in the beltway.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Any place that averages 16 inches of snow a year is not in the South. :icon_wink:

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

We all know the real South only exists from Tennessee down.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I dont think VA TECh and UVA would be as tied to the hip as Duke/UNC..

I have read the exact opposite...

I think political pressures keep VT and UVA together. However, UNC would not mind separating from Duke, especially if it is the SEC. No way the SEC takes Duke in my opinion. I think NC State would have a better chance than Duke. UNC and Duke would still play OOC games in all sports if UNC did leave the ACC.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Duke/UNC might make the SEC into the #1 mbb league

+ Reply to Thread