+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OU brass meet PAC10 commish, schedule regents meeting

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

OU brass meet PAC10 commish, schedule regents meeting

I think this will be similar to the Nebraska regents meeting....the outcome is already decided.

Looks like the mass exodus to the PAC10 is a little closer to reality. The only remaining question may be whether TAMU tags along or goes to the SEC.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: OU brass meet PAC10 commish, schedule regents meeting

And if it isn't obvious to you, the regents wouldn't need to meet if they were going to stand pat and try to keep the big12 alive.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

And OU is going to let Texas drag it along to play in a conference that very likely may end up with 8 Pacfic time zone schools, 4 Mountain time zone schools (2 of those Pacific time except November-March), and 4 Central time zone schools. That geographic imbalance makes the old WAC-16 look good by comparison.

A&M is seriously looking at that geography and an end to being tied down by the 800-pound gorilla residing in Austin. Both make the $EC the more attractive option.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

If i were AnM I would let the Tea Sippppppsssss make their own bed in Cali and hitch my wagon to the SEC!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniel72 View Post
    If i were AnM I would let the Tea Sippppppsssss make their own bed in Cali and hitch my wagon to the SEC!

I agree. I think Texas A&M finally found the recipe they need to pass by the Longhorns: Join the SEC.

I just don't undertand what UT finds attractive about joining the PAC 10 schools for a far flung conference nobody in Texas cares about anyway.

OU is foolish for going along with this stupid plan, too. If OU were smart, they'd pair up with Texas A&M and join the SEC.

HD

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree. I think Texas A&M finally found the recipe they need to pass by the Longhorns: Join the SEC.

I just don't undertand what UT finds attractive about joining the PAC 10 schools for a far flung conference nobody in Texas cares about anyway.

OU is foolish for going along with this stupid plan, too. If OU were smart, they'd pair up with Texas A&M and join the SEC.

HD
    What most people outside of Austin don't get is the kinda money that UT has! I heard on ESPN that they have a 16 billion dollar endowment. That is CRAZY.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

HD
    I think A&M should go to the SEC. I wouldn't trust Texas ever again. This is the second time they have screwed their business partners. OU should go to. If they don't, then I have lost a ton of respect for that school as well.

I really believe that Texas is going to rue the day they decided to abandon their fellow conference members for a seocnd time. Nobody should ever trust them again.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

HD
    Your on to something.
    I'm hearing that OU is having some last second thoughts about the SEC.
    We'll see how it works out, but there could be some more fireworks before this thing settles.

Big Dog MTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really nice

I would be very surprised if OU and TAMU went to the SEC and Texas didn't. I've already seen somewhere that TAMU has said that they're only going to be okay with being in a seperate conference than Texas is they no they'll keep an annual OOC game with the Horns. I also can't see the Red River Shootout ending and obviously Texas isn't going to want to have two permanent OOC games...no matter who goes where, I'll be surprised if Texas isn't still a conference mate with at least one of OU and TAMU.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

TEXAS & OU in the PAC 10 (16)........that just ain't right.

HD

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

TEXAS & OU in the PAC 10 (16)........that just ain't right.

HD
    Yep, you're right, especially for us old heads!!!

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    Yep, you're right, especially for us old heads!!!
    Agree. A lot of these moves are just crazy.

+ Reply to Thread