+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tech, utah, n texas links

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Re: Tech, utah, n texas links

There's another spot on the ESPN Rumor Central talking about North Texas to the WAC. Is this the next expansion??

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by domangue View Post
    There's another spot on the ESPN Rumor Central talking about North Texas to the WAC. Is this the next expansion??
    I don't see the WAC bringing in N. Texas, but who knows. I still wouldn't want to stay in the WAC. The WAC is (was) a great conference, it just doesn't make sense for Tech to be in it. We know that and they know that.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

North Texas is crazy if they come to the WAC at this point

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    North Texas is crazy if they come to the WAC at this point
    I totally agree. I can understand wanting to get out of the belt, but if we leave, they will be stranded just like we are. I think N. Texas wants CUSA as bad as we do.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I think UNT wants the very same greener pasture we want.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I totally agree. I can understand wanting to get out of the belt, but if we leave, they will be stranded just like we are. I think N. Texas wants CUSA as bad as we do.
    Absolutely correct. I'm not here to diss the WAC, but the day Boise signed up for the MWC is the day I did not want UNT to be a part of it. I would rather we stay in the Sun Belt under it's current configuration than move to the shaky WAC. Who's left with any credibility? Louisiana Tech, Fresno State, Nevada, and Hawaii. That's it. Anyone of those four leave.....well, you know the rest of the story.

And yes, UNT wants CUSA as bad as you guys do. Better travel and more in conference Texas teams to play. Too bad they don't expand to 14 teams and add UNT and Louisiana Tech. UNT is down in football........uh, make that below down in football, but like I said on another post, SMU was down in football for how many years before moving to two conferences? Until Jones became the coach SMU had no football success since the death penalty.

Again, I'd really like to see UNT and La Tech both in the same conference some day, preferably CUSA. With the new stadium going up UNT will have addressd and improved all of it's athletic facilities to the tune of $100 million. Now facilities should not be an excuse. Just need some football wins and maybe a new coach.

Oh, any chance you guys might join the Sun Belt Conference? Don't hit me!!! Just kidding. Well sort of.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeepGreen View Post
    Absolutely correct. I'm not here to diss the WAC, but the day Boise signed up for the MWC is the day I did not want UNT to be a part of it. I would rather we stay in the Sun Belt under it's current configuration than move to the shaky WAC. Who's left with any credibility? Louisiana Tech, Fresno State, Nevada, and Hawaii. That's it. Anyone of those four leave.....well, you know the rest of the story.

And yes, UNT wants CUSA as bad as you guys do. Better travel and more in conference Texas teams to play. Too bad they don't expand to 14 teams and add UNT and Louisiana Tech. UNT is down in football........uh, make that below down in football, but like I said on another post, SMU was down in football for how many years before moving to two conferences? Until Jones became the coach SMU had no football success since the death penalty.

Again, I'd really like to see UNT and La Tech both in the same conference some day, preferably CUSA. With the new stadium going up UNT will have addressd and improved all of it's athletic facilities to the tune of $100 million. Now facilities should not be an excuse. Just need some football wins and maybe a new coach.

Oh, any chance you guys might join the Sun Belt Conference? Don't hit me!!! Just kidding. Well sort of.
    No one is talking like this but what if.......

ECU, Memphis, UCF and SoMiss headed to the BE

Marshall to the MAC

Houston, UTEP, Tulsa to MWC

How does the WAC look now?

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg View Post

Marshall to the MAC

You tell me.

I think ECU and Memphis have a good chance of moving to the Big East. Not sure about Marshall. As to the last, just my opinion but I don't see the MWC picking up those three teams. What happens if the MWC offers Fresno St, Nevada, or Hawaii? How does the WAC look to you? Not picking a fight here but the situation can cut both ways.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

The only way it would make sense for UNT to go WAC now would be if a later move to CUSA or a similar configuration would be easier from the WAC than from the SBC.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Greenies (and others) - don't forget that the BCS formula with Boise taken OUT of the WAC...still shows the WAC as the #2 non-AQ conference. One hair above CUSA. 3 spots higher than the SBC.

Being a WAC team would make it easier to move to CUSA, perception wise.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Greenies (and others) - don't forget that the BCS formula with Boise taken OUT of the WAC...still shows the WAC as the #2 non-AQ conference. One hair above CUSA. 3 spots higher than the SBC.

Being a WAC team would make it easier to move to CUSA, perception wise.
    Great point.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Marshall to the MAC

Not great but not bad. One of Dr. Dans main goals is to be in a conference with Rice (and Tulane). Rice, Tulane, and SMU aren't great in football but they are great schools with deep pockets. The WAC is certainly not an option for any school in the Central time zone because of our well known desire to leave. The only schools that might be interested is if Benson could get a few FCS schools in Texas to move up together. Pulling FCS schools puts us on a level with the Sun Belt. Fresno, Nevada and Hawaii are the only things that seperate us from them as far as football goes. Hawaii gets hosed in this whole deal because nobody wants them just because of their location.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

SoMiss headed to the BE

Ole Miss and MSU about to put a hurtin on USM for funding.....think lsu treats us bad and gets all the food and leaves us the crumbs? that is nothing to what is about to happen in Mississippi.

+ Reply to Thread