+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Houston and legislators pushing for BIG 12 now

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: Houston and legislators pushing for BIG 12 now

Quote Originally Posted by former_d1 View Post
    Why in the world would any team move out of the SEC to the Big 12?.
    Because that is where graduates work, recruits play and tv markets keep growing.

Since Katrina the economic power shift that was slowey taking place is now rapidly moving to Texas. I would not be surprised if I work in DFW, Houston or Austin in the next 5 years...you have to move there for the best jobs.

You do realize that lsu fills up their classrooms with Tier 1 level students from Texas that could not get into UT or aTm?

Varsity Bulldog dodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the rough

I don't see this happening. Does anyone else find it a little wrong that legislators are trying to poke their noses into college football? Don't they have other problems to worry about?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dodd View Post
    I don't see this happening. Does anyone else find it a little wrong that legislators are trying to poke their noses into college football? Don't they have other problems to worry about?
    I find it perfectly understandable.

Everyone agrees that this is big business, and we all know it involves state supported, taxpayer funded, public universities. Why shouldn't legislators be involved?

If these legislators can get another public school (Univ of Houston) to benefit from the financial windfall that awaits the Big XII from TV contracts, then why shouldn't they?

(Of course, if you live in Louisiana, you probably don't understand this at all. Instead of helping the existing universities that have a real chance of succeeding, the state of Louisiana would likely attempt to open 8 more 4-yr public universities within a 30 mile radius of the U. of Houston ).

HD

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I find it perfectly understandable.

(Of course, if you live in Louisiana, you probably don't understand this at all. Instead of helping the existing universities that have a real chance of succeeding, the state of Louisiana would likely attempt to open 8 more 4-yr public universities within a 30 mile radius of the U. of Houston ).

HD
    If that weren't so true it would be funny.

RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

+ Reply to Thread