+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arkansas puts out Feelers for Big XII

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Re: Arkansas puts out Feelers for Big XII

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Not sure I understand the hatred the PAC 10 has for BYU, unless it's strictly grounded in anti-religion bigotry.

HD
    It is.

Of course it is not considered discrimination for touchy-feely, all-inclusive, politically correct, pinko hippie, communist, marxist, rainbows and unicorns, peace-love-and-happiness types to discriminate against any form of Christianity.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Rob View Post
    most of the people in the athletic dept here at the U of Arizona knew that it was no secret that the Pac 10 wanted Denver and SLC's tv markets and wanted to desperately avoid BYU.
    Not sure I understand the hatred the PAC 10 has for BYU, unless it's strictly grounded in anti-religion bigotry. Frankly BYU has better athletics and better academics than Utah. In 2009, BYU averaged 64,236 at home, while Utah averaged 45,155. No contest.

HD
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Exactly religious bigotry, but BYU would have never changed policy to accommodate the PAC10. I admire them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby View Post
    It is.

Of course it is not considered discrimination for touchy-feely, all-inclusive, politically correct, pinko hippie, communist, marxist, rainbows and unicorns, peace-love-and-happiness types to discriminate against any form of Christianity.
    The same happened to Baylor.
    Liberal democrat bigotry and double standards run very deep, wide and long and have no boundaries.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Not sure I understand the hatred the PAC 10 has for BYU, unless it's strictly grounded in anti-religion bigotry. Frankly BYU has better athletics and better academics than Utah. In 2009, BYU averaged 64,236 at home, while Utah averaged 45,155. No contest.

HD
    Its 100% about a Religious affiliated school.
    The West Coast is a bastion of liberalism and in particular those schools like Cal Berkley tend to burn Religious Types at the stake on a weekly basis.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Yes, they will preach to you that you have to include all viewpoints, strive not to offend anyone, and be tolerant of all other beliefs and religions.

Unless of course it is a viewpoint they don't agree with or the one religion they don't like (i.e. any form of Christianity), then you are to be censored, banished, ridiculed, and outlawed.

My this has gotten political! So back on track, IF Arkansas went big 12, who is the most likely replacement?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby View Post
    So back on track, IF Arkansas went big 12, who is the most likely replacement?
    that is an interesting question. it won't happen, so it really doesn't matter, but my guess is it comes from the state of florida. there's an outside chance it could be georgia tech or clemson.

the slightly more likely, but still ridiculously unlikely, scenario is that arkansas stays and the sec expands to 16, adding tx a&m, fla state, and some combination of clemson, ga tech, and miami.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    that is an interesting question. it won't happen, so it really doesn't matter, but my guess is it comes from the state of florida. there's an outside chance it could be georgia tech or clemson.

the slightly more likely, but still ridiculously unlikely, scenario is that arkansas stays and the sec expands to 16, adding tx a&m, fla state, and some combination of clemson, ga tech, and miami.
    I think that if the sec goes to 16, then they would want to expand their market. aTm, definitely would fit that model. After that, I think Missouri, UVA, VaTech or UNC would be viable candidate for consideration. Since Florida is such a populous state that either FSU or Miami would get favorable consideration as well. Once a couple of these turn down the SEC for various reasons, then Clemson or GaTech would get an invite.

+ Reply to Thread