+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CUSA vs BIG 12

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

CUSA vs BIG 12

So Im all about jumping into CUSA, but I wanted to ask a question to the bbb experts: Is there the slightest possibility of Tech getting an invite to the BIG 12, now that they are looking out of state?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: CUSA vs BIG 12

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBulldog1 View Post
    now that they are looking out of state?

None -

Out of state = University of Arkansas
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

None at this point.

The positive side speculation was that if there was the mass exodus of UT, OU etc. to the Pac 10 and the remnants (Baylor et al.) held together, then they would have to invite a set of CUSA west teams and Tech might have been in the mix.

Varsity Bulldog Cactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really nice Cactus Rob's Avatar

I would put all of my money and your money on no chance... but then again, I never throught that I would ever see N.O. Saints' baseball hats on sale anywhere other than in South Louisiana. Now, I see them for sale at gas stations over here in Arizona. Who knows? The Saints won the Super Bowl... what's next? Tech in the Big XII? :-)

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Hell only freezes once!!!

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Zero chance, now that the big dogs decided to stay.
    Now they will sit pat at 10 teams (splitting money less ways)....and only expand for a good pickup that would bring a large market or draw to the TV negotiation table.

Had the Big12 split further and then remained in a splintered state....there might have been a shot of La Tech getting picked up.

Right now, the market we bring and the overall draw (nationwide appeal) that we bring to the table isn't enough to get La Tech an invite to any of the MAJOR conferences.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

But I think we're poised nicely for a hard look from C-USA if they start shopping.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

Maybe we are looking at the conference expansion thing in the wrong way. There is no way Texas is gonna stay in the Big XII longer than a decade, so we are going to have expansionapalooza again in the foreseeable future. What we need to do is start winning WAC championships, get the Tech brand more national exposure, and get some upgrades done to our facilities. We have improved a lot since getting passed on by C-USA so think of how much better we can be for the next expansion.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFight71 View Post
    Maybe we are looking at the conference expansion thing in the wrong way. There is no way Texas is gonna stay in the Big XII longer than a decade, so we are going to have expansionapalooza again in the foreseeable future. What we need to do is start winning WAC championships, get the Tech brand more national exposure, and get some upgrades done to our facilities. We have improved a lot since getting passed on by C-USA so think of how much better we can be for the next expansion.
    I agree. There's currently not a free spot in C-USA for us, so we have to just focus on being the kings of the WAC, ala Boise. We really shouldn't be talking about being in a better conference if we're not owning the one we're in now. I think (surely hope) we'll dominate the WAC from here on out, in which case we will be more open to bigger opportunities in the future. Even if we don't go to BCS bowls as WAC champs for the next few seasons, running the table and winning our OOC games will still put us all over the media and advance LaTech as a brand and expand the fanbase. Onward and upward!

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

Although I am in agreement about dominating the WAC, I would assume that the budget is killing us on travel, hurting our speed of infrastructure expansion. Additionally, without establishing local, regular opponents, we are really missing out on developing rivals with local programs of our stature. Money aside, I believe that the establishment of games that our fan base can travel to and visitors come into Ruston being rowdy on a regular basis is what is really going to motivate the fan base.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Although I am in agreement about dominating the WAC, I would assume that the budget is killing us on travel, hurting our speed of infrastructure expansion. Additionally, without establishing local, regular opponents, we are really missing out on developing rivals with local programs of our stature. Money aside, I believe that the establishment of games that our fan base can travel to and visitors come into Ruston being rowdy on a regular basis is what is really going to motivate the fan base.

Yep. That is a major problem that will never be resolved as long as we are stuck in the WAC.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly agree with you on this as well. It WOULD be nice to play more local teams people actually cared about, but I'm just trying to be positive right now since we don't have any other option until C-USA is looking for another team. At least our OOC schedule is looking good.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    I certainly agree with you on this as well. It WOULD be nice to play more local teams people actually cared about, but I'm just trying to be positive right now since we don't have any other option until C-USA is looking for another team. At least our OOC schedule is looking good.

Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    I couldnt agree more about the OOC schedule. The money game days have been replaced with service academies, local mid majors, a softie, and one big game. I love the new direction. (didnt mean to come off negative on my post)

Additionally, without establishing local, regular opponents, we are really missing out on developing rivals with local programs of our stature. Money aside, I believe that the establishment of games that our fan base can travel to and visitors come into Ruston being rowdy on a regular basis is what is really going to motivate the fan base.

And I wasn't trying to make light of your statement. I agree with you 100% that this is a major problem for us. Even Mack Brown stated how important it was for Texas to be in a regional conference where their fans can travel to road games. Unfortunately, where that might be an important issue for them, it is a major issue for us.

+ Reply to Thread