• 5-7

1 0.70%
  • 4-8

0 0%
  • 3-9 or worse

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: POLL TIME!!!! 2010 Record??

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

POLL TIME!!!! 2010 Record??

It's poll time again!! What will our record be in 2010???

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: POLL TIME!!!! 2010 Record??

My hopeful prediction is 8-4.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Sep 04 v Grambling (Shreveport) .... 6:00 PM
    Sep 11 @ Texas A&M ..................... TBA
    Sep 18 v Navy ...................... 6:00 PM
    Sep 25 v Southern Miss (RED OUT) ... 6:00 PM
    Oct 02 @ Hawaii * ..................10:30 PM
    Oct 09 v Utah State * .............. 3:00 PM
    Oct 16 v Idaho * (Homecoming) ...... 3:00 PM
    Oct 26 @ Boise State * ............. 7:00 PM
    Nov 06 v Fresno State * ............ 3:00 PM
    Nov 13 @ New Mexico State * ........ 7:00 PM
    Nov 27 @ San Jose State * .......... 7:00 PM
    Dec 04 v Nevada * .................. 2:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------

OOC: Grambling, aTm, Navy, USM - 2-2

I think we'll beat Grambling, and I think we should win 1/2 out of Navy and USM, I'll take USM. More about Navy later. I'll go ahead and say that aTm will probably be a loss, although we could very well surprise there.

WAC: 6-2

@ UH - While we never play well on the island, this might be our year. We demolished them last season, and will look to do the same this year (especially if their O-Line hasn't had drastic improvement). I'd give us a 50-50 chance, which is probably the best we've had @ UH, but I'm rounding down. - L

USU - Payback, anyone? Homefield advantage plus the loss of Turbin puts us over the top. Borel might give us a scare, it probably won't be pretty, but we'll get it done. - W

UI - I'm looking for Idaho to have a pretty good drop off from last year. They won a lot of close games, and should lose more than a couple of those this season. Payback game, also. They still have one of the worst D's in the country, and look for Sonny and Tony to exploit it. Not as close as USU. - W

@ Boise - errr... I wish we had them one more time in Ruston. I really do. I just don't see us holding their O well enough to get the W on the Blue. I think we'll probably double or triple our average points at Boise, but it probably won't be enough. - L

Fresno - We play Fresno well at home, and I'm looking for us to beat them. They lost their top 2 runners and have about as much QB talent as we did last season. They had a very, very stout WR recruiting class, so this game could be a wildcard. Fresno fans claim that they have an improved Defense, though. Will it be enough? No. - W

@ NMSU, @ SJSU - Two of the worst teams at the end of this season. Should be improved, but not by too much. These games will depend a lot on Sonny and his (hopeful) ability to win on the road. This far in the season I don't have us winning a true road game (GSU exlcuded), and these should be an interesting test. I'm calling victories for each, though. Good confidence builder for the team. - W, W

UNR - Oh boy, I hate this team. It's Kaep's last year. They lost some WR talent, but still have a threat in Wimberly. They lost an All-Wac caliber Running back, but still have two that are probably better (Lippencot vs. Taua and Ball). I really don't know what to call here. Go conservative and go for the L? Go big and go for the W? I'm gonna go against my better judgement and say that we get the win. It's at home. It's a team we hate. We had them last time they were in Ruston. Our offense should be as good as it's gonna be, and we should be coming off of a great road trip. There. I convinced myself. - W

Total: 8-4. Bowling in Dyke's first year.

It's very possible that we could win 2 more (Navy, UH), and it's very possible that we lose a few more (USM, Fresno, UNR). I'd say anywhere from 5 to 10 wins would be a fair assessment. We really are a wildcard team.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

9-3

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    9-3

Yep, if the guys can run Sonny's offense like a well oiled machine, we'll sneak up on some people.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

AS of today, it looks like 97% of us believe we'll finish 7-5 or better!!!

I'm predicting an 8-4 regular season. 9-3 is very doable.

HD

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

My heart says 12-0 but I'm gonna go 6-6 due to some growing pains on the offensive side of the ball.

Sep 04 v Grambling (Shreveport) .... W - tune up game
    Sep 11 @ Texas A&M ..................... L - war of attrition, depth wins
    Sep 18 v Navy ...................... L - run game will kill us
    Sep 25 v Southern Miss (RED OUT) ... W - surprise here
    Oct 02 @ Hawaii * ..................L - the island is tough
    Oct 09 v Utah State * .............. W - closer than we like
    Oct 16 v Idaho * (Homecoming) ...... W - sweet revenge
    Oct 26 @ Boise State * ............. L - come back in 2 years, broncs
    Nov 06 v Fresno State * ............ L - heart-breaker at home
    Nov 13 @ New Mexico State * ........ W - thrashing
    Nov 27 @ San Jose State * .......... W - 2 in a row on the road
    Dec 04 v Nevada * .................. L
    - Capernick has our #

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

9-3..........and we kick Nevada and Special K's A$$!!!!!!!!!! ...unless we get jobbed again by a phantom pass interference call from 40 yards away!!!

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

8 - 4 with a good shot at the extraordinary

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

Sep 04 v Grambling (Shreveport) .... W - BLOW OUT
    Sep 11 @ Texas A&M ..................... L - A&M just too much

Sep 18 v Navy ...................... W VERY close game
    Sep 25 v Southern Miss (RED OUT) ... L - close game
    Oct 02 @ Hawaii * ..................W- Am I the only 1 who thinks we win this game???
    Oct 09 v Utah State * .............. W - we got this 1
    Oct 16 v Idaho * (Homecoming) ...... W - revenge game
    Oct 26 @ Boise State * ............. L - would do ANYTHING to win this 1
    Nov 06 v Fresno State * ............L - this is that game we have every year that we SHOULD have won
    Nov 13 @ New Mexico State * ........ W - EASY WIN

Nov 27 @ San Jose State * .......... W - 2 in a row
    Dec 04 v Nevada * .................. L
    - Just got a bad feeling on this 1

7-5 and a BOWL GAME. Kind of thinking we might pull out the Fresno or Souther Miss so 8-4 is VERY possible

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I said 10-2. Possible losses at A&M and Boise. Even those two are very winnable if we play well and make very few mistakes.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

7-5. As much as I would like to dream bigger, we still don't have two critcal elements -a QB or a physical-enough defensive line capable of exerting consistent pressure on the QB. I believe we might be improved enough to be competitive in every game, but not good enough to win a big majority of them.

Bulldog johnkavanaugh is just really nicejohnkavanaugh is just really nicejohnkavanaugh is just really nicejohnkavanaugh is just really nicejohnkavanaugh is just really nicejohnkavanaugh is just really nicejohnkavanaugh is just really nicejohnkavanaugh is just really nicejohnkavanaugh is just really nicejohnkavanaugh is just really nicejohnkavanaugh is just really nice

Sep 04 v Grambling (Shreveport) .... W - we win big, but work out some kinks
    Sep 11 @ Texas A&M ..................... L -play a close game

Sep 18 v Navy ...................... W/L a VERY close game
    Sep 25 v Southern Miss (RED OUT) ... W /L- close game
    Oct 02 @ Hawaii * ..................W- too physical for Hawaii, offense steps up also
    Oct 09 v Utah State * .............. W -
    Oct 16 v Idaho * (Homecoming) ...... W
    Oct 26 @ Boise State * ............. L - Weplay better than last year, but loose
    Nov 06 v Fresno State * ............W/L - always tough
    Nov 13 @ New Mexico State * ........ W - easy

Nov 27 @ San Jose State * .......... W - 2 in a row
    Dec 04 v Nevada * .................. W
    -we pull off win and finish regular season well- ready for a bowl!

I think 8 wins are manageable, 9 or 10 are in range!

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    7-5. As much as I would like to dream bigger, we still don't have two critcal elements -a QB or a physical-enough defensive line capable of exerting consistent pressure on the QB. I believe we might be improved enough to be competitive in every game, but not good enough to win a big majority of them.

i agree

+ Reply to Thread