+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Rogers Buys Archives of Sporting News

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: John Rogers Buys Archives of Sporting News

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    He's the second friend of mine that owns their own business that has been harassed by the FBI. The IRS just sent me a letter telling me that I owed an extra $1348 for my 2011 taxes because I spent my HSA on something that didn't qualify. That was the last year that I could use my HSA because I went on medicare in January 2012. I spent $2704 out of my HSA which was just about all was in it in 2011. I had a $2400 deductible and my insulin runs $200/vial and a vial last about 22 days,so, why would I have spent the money on something else that didn't qualify. This thing about the government trying to run our business is really getting out of hand. Snowden will some day be remembered as an American hero.
    That is the Obama way. He wants to be in FULL control!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    That is the Obama way. He wants to be in FULL control!
    My friend I referred to in Conway owns a tractor, lawnmower, ATV, motorcycle, and boat business. The FBI came storming into his dealership one morning without warning and even told his employees that they had to leave. They did not tell him what they were looking for. They just started going through his files and taking all his records. It sounds like a scene from Nazi Germany when Hitler took over. Obama is clearly a communist and I look for a lot more of this in the next 3 years. He used the IRS to try to shut down the Tea Party and he's gotten away with it. His healthcare plan has very little to do with your health, it's about gaining control of your life. Should be an interesting interview on Sunday with Bill O'Reiley just before the Super Bowl.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    His healthcare plan has very little to do with your health, it's about gaining control of your life.
    The crisis they created in order to create this monster plan was that there were too many uninsured people (which, of course, has nothing to do with actual health care). When the March 2014 deadline finally gets here, there will be more people without health insurance than when they passed the stupid law. And, just wait till the employer mandate finally kicks in. Should have this year but the pres ignored the constitution and changed the law on his own.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    He must be a conservative, first IRS and now FBI!
    What is sad is, anytime a person is arrested or investigated, it is my first thought. We have so many laws and regulations now that we all can be prosecuted. As Josef Stalin's secret police chief Lavrenti Beria put it: Find me the man, and I'll find the crime.
    [i pulled this quote from somewhere, but I can't remember where - I probably just committed a crime myself].

I highly recommend this article in the Columbia Law Review by Glenn Reynolds:

Ham Sandwich Nation: Due Process When Everything Is a Crime

http://http://www.columbialawreview....tion_reynolds/

Prosecutors themselves understand just how much discretion they enjoy. As Tim Wu recounted in 2007, a popular game in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York was to name a famous person—Mother Teresa, or John Lennon—and decide how he or she could be prosecuted:

It would then be up to the junior prosecutors to figure out a plausible crime for which to indict him or her. The crimes were not usually rape, murder, or other crimes you’d see on Law & Order but rather the incredibly broad yet obscure crimes that populate the U.S. Code like a kind of jurisprudential minefield: Crimes like “false statements” (a felony, up to five years), “obstructing the mails” (five years), or “false pretenses on the high seas” (also five years). The trick and the skill lay in finding the more obscure offenses that fit the character of the celebrity and carried the toughest sentences. The, result, however, was inevitable: “prison time.”7
    And also this article about what China did to stop opposition voices on the internet:

http://http://www.telegraph.co.uk/ne...crackdown.html

In August, Charles Xue, an outspoken venture capitalist with 12 million followers on Weibo, was arrested for allegedly soliciting prostitutes and paraded on Chinese state television, in what was seen as a thinly-veiled warning to other prominent Weibo users.
    Orwell was right in substance. He just missed the timing by 30 years.
    Last edited by Soonerdawg; 01-31-2014 at 11:24 PM.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    What is sad is, anytime a person is arrested or investigated, it is my first thought. We have so many laws and regulations now that we all can be prosecuted. As Josef Stalin's secret police chief Lavrenti Beria put it: Find me the man, and I'll find the crime.
    [i pulled this quote from somewhere, but I can't remember where - I probably just committed a crime myself].

I highly recommend this article in the Columbia Law Review by Glenn Reynolds:

Ham Sandwich Nation: Due Process When Everything Is a Crime

http://http://www.columbialawreview....tion_reynolds/

And also this article about what China did to stop opposition voices on the internet:

http://http://www.telegraph.co.uk/ne...crackdown.html

Orwell was right in substance. He just missed the timing by 30 years.
    Good points.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Now the sale has made its way into the court system. Appear to be copyright questions.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/arti...missed-payment

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    Why would anyone want to purchase the archives of the Sporting News?
    I don't get it.
    The idea is to buy wholesale and sell retail. There is apparently a market which he has perfected how to operate in it.
    Last edited by JAMROB; 08-08-2014 at 08:18 AM.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    Why would anyone want to purchase the archives of the Sporting News?
    I don't get it.
    Because all those photos are copyrighted and may have value for selling to public. As you probably would know, The Sporting News has lots of baseball history significance.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Appears Rogers was or ended up working with the FBI:

At some point, Subject A (Rogers) began cooperating with the government and conducted recorded undercover meetings with Allen. Excerpts from recordings indicate Allen coached Subject A on how to mislead the FBI.

"Mr. Allen tried to ensnare John Rogers in Mr. Allen's own criminal conduct to try to get a lesser sentence," Hendrix (Rogers' attorney) said. "We immediately contacted the FBI and agreed to assist its agents in investigating Mr. Allen's obstruction of justice. Mr. Allen's plan backfired."

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/arti...-raid?page=all

+ Reply to Thread