+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just how good will the 2010-11 Techsters be?

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Just how good will the 2010-11 Techsters be?

Trying to decide how good the Techsters will be this coming year here.
    We have a solid senior class and a talented group of Jr. college transffers coming in to go along with a couple of other talented Jr's, a big in Anderson; the untested redshirt Fresman and Kemp, and our jewel from New Zealand...
    Coach TSpoon and Mr. Park seem to have it together...
    I expect Johnson, Wysinger, Jones, and bendohl to have a great yearand the addition of our Jr. College transffers we will have more height and dept at all positions.
    Hopefully with the addition of the 3 new guards we will have a decent outside game to go along with a strong inside one!
    I believe that the Techsters will be fast and will be running and gunning, from what I have herd this coming year.
    It seams that we have the players that can do that, the question is how good will this Techster team be and do you believe that we will be in Bossier City for the first round of the NCAA's next year which LaTech is the host team of.
    Should we stay healthy and have no injuries, I really think we could make some serious noise this coming year!
    The practises should be intense and starting 5 would be impossible to even guess at this time.
    Anyway I am already, ready for the season to roll around here and to get my season tickets!
    I am sure their will be plenty of negative stuff said here but no one will ever convince me
    that some exciting basketball will not be in store for the techster Program this coming year!

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Re: Just how good will the 2010-11 Techsters be?

I am looking forward to an exciting year of Techster ball. I do not think we will let the Bossier opportunity pass us by.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

This year should be really exciting! It is one step at a time and losing Dowdell hurts, but we have the depth this year and, I believe, we will see some of our stars really step it up. I can't wait to see Johnson, Anderson, Wysinger, Jones, and Bendolf in action. With all the newcomers, some of those may be starters or off the bench. Doesn't matter, because they will all be able to light it up on the court. I am, also, looking for a break out year for Brietta Thomas. She has some fantastic moves and was improving every game. I think this might be the year she steps it up and really becomes a name.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Dowdell is big shoes to fill. Still have a crop of mediocre, at best, guards....hmmmm...

Unless one or more of the new-comers are instant awesome, I'd say that a repeat of this season, 20 wins, making the NCAAs is about the best one should expect.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Here is a sneak preview of the new additions to the Techster team this year!
    Shantale Bramble-Donaldson
    Ranked fourth nationally in rebounding ... Helped lead the team to a 21-5 mark ... Named third team all-American as a sophomore ... Named the Southern Conference Player of the Year as a sophomore ... Named first team all-Southern Conference as a freshman and sophomore ... Named all-region VIII as a sophomore ... Ranked 5th in state and 25th in nation in rebounding as a freshman ... Recorded seven double doubles ... Registered three games of 20-plus points and 15-plus rebounds ... Ranked as the 7th best small forward in the junior college ranks by Dan Olson's Basketball Girls Report ... Ranked as the 57th best JC player in the country by BGR ...

Shannon Smith
    Suffered an injury early her Soph year….
    Ranked as the 16th best power forward and the 59th best player in the JC ranks by Dan Olson's

Brittany Hardy
    Junior College: Played at Central Florida Community College her first year before transferring to Indian River State College ... Averaged 11.0 points, 2.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game as a freshman while shooting 49 percent from the field, 71 percent from the free throw line and 59 percent (66-111) from the three-point line ... Ranked second in the state and third in the country in three-point field goal percentage ... Helped lead Central Florida CC to a 20-11 mark ... Named first team all-Mid Florida Conference ... As a sophomore helped lead Indian River State to a 21-5 mark ... Averaged 12.9 points, 2.8 assists and 3.9 rebounds per game ... Shot 48 percent from the field, 67 percent from the free throw line and 41 percent (38-92) from the three-point line ...
    HS

Angie Felton
    Gulf Coast: Lettered for two years for coach Roonie Scovel at Gulf Coast Community College ... Helped lead Florida Gulf Coast to a 32-1 mark and the 2010 NJCAA championship title ... Named to the all-tournament team ... Scored 20 points in the 83-61 win over Jefferson College in the national title game ... Averaged 8.7 points, 3.0 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1.6 steals per game while shooting 36 percent from the field, 30 percent from the three-point line and 90 percent from the free throw line as a sophomore ... Helped lead the program to a 27-3 mark in 2008-09 ... Averaged 9.0 points, 3.4 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 0.9 steals per game while shooting 40 percent from the field, 41 percent from the three-point line and 70 percent from the free throw line as a freshman ...

Jelena Vucinic

High School: Lettered for five years at Waimea College while playing for her mother, Tatjana Zizic ... The school competed in the Nelson Women's A Grade ... Helped lead the program to the 2008 and 2009 South Island Premiership Championship titles ... Was named team captain in 2008-2009 ... Named team MVP for four straight years ... Was a national tournament team selection for four straight years ... Helped lead the program to three consecutive Top 4 finishes in the national tournament ... Was a member of the 2009 national high school champion volleyball team ... Was the 2009 Sports Captain for Waimea College ... Was the track and field champion for her high school from 2005 through 2009 and the cross country champion from 2005 through 2009 ... Earned numerous awards in high school, including the 2009 Janet Hunt Cupt for Excellence in academics and sports, the 2009 Girls Prefect Cup for general excellence in sports and the 2007 Glue Family Cup for greatest achievement in sports ...

Tavasha Anderson
    Redshirted as a Techster her Freshman year…
    High School: Has lettered for coach Ken Ross at Grenada High School in Mississippi for two years ... Was a McDonalds All-American nominee .. Named all-state as a senior despite missing much of the year with an injury ... Team captain ... Averaged 9.2 points and 9.8 rebounds per game as a junior ... Shot 56 percent from the field as a junior ... Recorded 12 games of double digit rebounds ... Was also a member of the Grenada High School track and field team ... Competed in the shot put and the discus ...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Here is a sneak preview of the new additions to the Techster team this year!
    Shantale Bramble-Donaldson
    Ranked fourth nationally in rebounding ... Helped lead the team to a 21-5 mark ... Named third team all-American as a sophomore ... Named the Southern Conference Player of the Year as a sophomore ... Named first team all-Southern Conference as a freshman and sophomore ... Named all-region VIII as a sophomore ... Ranked 5th in state and 25th in nation in rebounding as a freshman ... Recorded seven double doubles ... Registered three games of 20-plus points and 15-plus rebounds ... Ranked as the 7th best small forward in the junior college ranks by Dan Olson's Basketball Girls Report ... Ranked as the 57th best JC player in the country by BGR ...

Shannon Smith
    Suffered an injury early her Soph year….
    Ranked as the 16th best power forward and the 59th best player in the JC ranks by Dan Olson's

Brittany Hardy
    Junior College: Played at Central Florida Community College her first year before transferring to Indian River State College ... Averaged 11.0 points, 2.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game as a freshman while shooting 49 percent from the field, 71 percent from the free throw line and 59 percent (66-111) from the three-point line ... Ranked second in the state and third in the country in three-point field goal percentage ... Helped lead Central Florida CC to a 20-11 mark ... Named first team all-Mid Florida Conference ... As a sophomore helped lead Indian River State to a 21-5 mark ... Averaged 12.9 points, 2.8 assists and 3.9 rebounds per game ... Shot 48 percent from the field, 67 percent from the free throw line and 41 percent (38-92) from the three-point line ...
    HS

Angie Felton
    Gulf Coast: Lettered for two years for coach Roonie Scovel at Gulf Coast Community College ... Helped lead Florida Gulf Coast to a 32-1 mark and the 2010 NJCAA championship title ... Named to the all-tournament team ... Scored 20 points in the 83-61 win over Jefferson College in the national title game ... Averaged 8.7 points, 3.0 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1.6 steals per game while shooting 36 percent from the field, 30 percent from the three-point line and 90 percent from the free throw line as a sophomore ... Helped lead the program to a 27-3 mark in 2008-09 ... Averaged 9.0 points, 3.4 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 0.9 steals per game while shooting 40 percent from the field, 41 percent from the three-point line and 70 percent from the free throw line as a freshman ...

Jelena Vucinic

High School: Lettered for five years at Waimea College while playing for her mother, Tatjana Zizic ... The school competed in the Nelson Women's A Grade ... Helped lead the program to the 2008 and 2009 South Island Premiership Championship titles ... Was named team captain in 2008-2009 ... Named team MVP for four straight years ... Was a national tournament team selection for four straight years ... Helped lead the program to three consecutive Top 4 finishes in the national tournament ... Was a member of the 2009 national high school champion volleyball team ... Was the 2009 Sports Captain for Waimea College ... Was the track and field champion for her high school from 2005 through 2009 and the cross country champion from 2005 through 2009 ... Earned numerous awards in high school, including the 2009 Janet Hunt Cupt for Excellence in academics and sports, the 2009 Girls Prefect Cup for general excellence in sports and the 2007 Glue Family Cup for greatest achievement in sports ...

Tavasha Anderson
    Redshirted as a Techster her Freshman year…
    High School: Has lettered for coach Ken Ross at Grenada High School in Mississippi for two years ... Was a McDonalds All-American nominee .. Named all-state as a senior despite missing much of the year with an injury ... Team captain ... Averaged 9.2 points and 9.8 rebounds per game as a junior ... Shot 56 percent from the field as a junior ... Recorded 12 games of double digit rebounds ... Was also a member of the Grenada High School track and field team ... Competed in the shot put and the discus ...
    Great run-down, BlindDog! It will be exciting to see how these players mesh with our returning stars. I think we have some improvement at guard with this group too.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Are the new girls on campus this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Are the new girls on campus this summer?
    Not sure, but I am betting that they are.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Thanks for sharing everyone. My favorite reality show is getting ready to start on CBS and so I might be in here once a week until the season starts.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Dowdell is big shoes to fill. Still have a crop of mediocre, at best, guards....hmmmm...Unless one or more of the new-comers are instant awesome, I'd say that a repeat of this season, 20 wins, making the NCAAs is about the best one should expect.
    ---
    Well, this is the first real TSpoon class and I believe she know's a little more about talent than I do for sure and probably more than the average fan of the Techster program...
    I believe we will have a talented group of gals joining what I consider a very talented group of Techsters already!
    Dowdell's shoes will be hard to fill for sure but we have 3 big gals to try and do it and the addition of the 3 new guards should make some interesting practises and if any of them share their coaches competitive attitude I have no doubt that this team will even be better than the recent Techster teams we have seen!
    I don't think mediocre is something anyone should expect from a TSpoon team as well!
    Johnson, Wysinger, and Jones as Sr.'s know that this team is theirs and I am expecting great things from them all...
    not to mention the maturing of Bendohl, Young, Thomas and Holloway...
    This in-coming class sounds impressive to me and I can't wait for the season to start and the winning tradition to follow!

2 new verbals yesterday from high school guards (for the next year). One from Las Vegas and another one local (Benton).

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    2 new verbals yesterday from high school guards (for the next year). One from Las Vegas and another one local (Benton).
    ---
    Is that all you can share on that info Champ?

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

---
    Is that all you can share on that info Champ?
    Courtney Hayes is the PG from Vegas and ESPN Hoopgurlz has a profile for her which I posted.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

---
    Well, this is the first real TSpoon class and I believe she know's a little more about talent than I do for sure and probably more than the average fan of the Techster program...
    I believe we will have a talented group of gals joining what I consider a very talented group of Techsters already!
    Dowdell's shoes will be hard to fill for sure but we have 3 big gals to try and do it and the addition of the 3 new guards should make some interesting practises and if any of them share their coaches competitive attitude I have no doubt that this team will even be better than the recent Techster teams we have seen!
    I don't think mediocre is something anyone should expect from a TSpoon team as well!
    Johnson, Wysinger, and Jones as Sr.'s know that this team is theirs and I am expecting great things from them all...
    not to mention the maturing of Bendohl, Young, Thomas and Holloway...
    This in-coming class sounds impressive to me and I can't wait for the season to start and the winning tradition to follow!
    The newbies aside, since we don't really know what contribution they will make, there are two positives with which I agree:

Spoon: I know she gets the most out of her players as any coach could.

Seniors: usually players step-up in their senior years and deliver.

That said, the best anyone should expect is 20 wins and a trip to the NCAAs.

+ Reply to Thread