+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wish I Could Have Been There

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Wish I Could Have Been There

This is a cool article. ESPN asked people which sporting event they would go to, if they could go back in time. Lots of great answers. I think my top picks would be:

1. Miracle on Ice. I watched it on TV, but being there would be awesome.
    2. Wilt Scoring 100.
    3. Jackie Robinson's first game.
    4. Watching the original Dream Team practice (the actual games were pretty boring)
    5. I would also throw in Terry Bradshaw's game-winning TD to Liberto in the (1968?) State Fair Game against NSU. I wasn't born until '72, but my parents were dating at the time, and they were there. I have heard them talk about it for years.

We had a similar thread about Tech events that you wish you could have gone to, but this one has a lot more options. Someone could make a really good "Forrest Gump" type of movie about going to some of these events.

Here's the article....
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=5321280

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: Wish I Could Have Been There

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    This is a cool article. ESPN asked people which sporting event they would go to, if they could go back in time. Lots of great answers. I think my top picks would be:

1. Miracle on Ice. I watched it on TV, but being there would be awesome.

Went to a Lady Techster game and hustled back to the apartment to watch the ending. What a emotional game. Very few occasions like that which bring the whole country together. Wished I had been there too!!!

Varsity Bulldog ProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the ears

1.) Muhammed Ali vs. Joe Frazier III (Thrilla in Manilla)
    2.) Lou Gehrig's "Luckiest Man on the Face of the Earth" retirement speech
    3.) 1988 World Series Game 1 - Kirk Gibson HR
    4.) Miracle on Ice
    5.) 1986 Masters Tournament - Jack Nicklaus wins at age 46
    6.) 1983 NCAA Basketball Final - NC State beats Houston's Phi Slamma Jamma
    7.) 2007 Fiesta Bowl - Boise State beats Oklahoma

A few off the top of my head. Too young to remember 4 & 6. Wasn't alive for 1 & 2.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I forgot about Nicklaus winning the 86 Masters. That was fun to watch also.

I remember him making his run on the back 9 on Sunday, and he was neck-and-neck with Seve Ballesteros. Somewhere around the 15th hole, Ballesteros hit a shot in the water and you could hear the crowd cheer! I had never heard that from a golf crowd before, and I don't think I have heard it since. That had to be a big mental disadvantage for Seve.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

One guy fooled us and wanted to go to the future.
    • "Let me go to when the Chicago Cubs finally end the longest title drought in history." -- Mike H., Chesterton, Ind.
    Sorry, Mike. We looked ahead -- and it's never gonna happen.

Gotta feel for Cubbie fans....

+ Reply to Thread