+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Masoli a fit?

Guest Lilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Is Masoli a fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Uh.......This is going to send this thread into all different directions.

Keep quoting like this and you will be tarred and haired.

Masoli and our offense goes together like peanut butter and eggs.
    Ross Jenkins and our offense go together like peanuts and eggs.

I'd rather the peanut butter.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfido View Post
    Ross Jenkins and our offense go together like peanuts and eggs.

I'd rather the peanut butter.
    Apparently you did not get the joke

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Big Grin Re: Is Masoli a fit?

That's because you didn't draw any pictures!!!

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechsasDawg View Post
    That's because you didn't draw any pictures!!!

Guest Lilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I'm a liberal..........so no.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    I was on the fence. I think we are better off without him. Taylor Bennett was not as good as what we already had and neither is Masoli. Let's go with the guys that have given TECH more blood, sweat, and tears than Masoli.

Taylor Bennett And Masoli should never be compared...Ever not even the same kind of player. Bennett had very little experience when he came to Tech. Masoli just led a team to a rose bowl in this same style of offense. Its great that those other guys gave Tech blood, sweat and tears but thats not going to keep Dykes in the coaching proffesion..Wins that will. If Franklin and Dykes thought they had a qb on this staff to run the offense this wouldnt even be a discussion. Looks like they dont.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Did Jenkins have some off the field issues this year as well?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I agree too. I'm also curious if he does end up here, if we are prepared to run a Heisman campaign for him this season. Unfortunately we won't be in the national title hunt like Oregon would've but he could still put up one of the best seasons in history with our schedule.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    Did Jenkins have some off the field issues this year as well?
    Two of them. Most only know about one. But we will give him a third chance.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Taylor Bennett And Masoli should never be compared...Ever not even the same kind of player. Bennett had very little experience when he came to Tech. Masoli just led a team to a rose bowl in this same style of offense. Its great that those other guys gave Tech blood, sweat and tears but thats not going to keep Dykes in the coaching proffesion..Wins that will. If Franklin and Dykes thought they had a qb on this staff to run the offense this wouldnt even be a discussion. Looks like they dont.
    I agree here. Masoli is worth the gamble, with a short leash. I assume he would understand that this is his shot at putting a positive mark on his personal life prior to the draft. Lando never got it, just hope if Masoli comes here, he does get it.

It does seem like the coaching staff is VERY uneasy about the 2010 season the way they are chasing down QBs.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I'm a little torn on this question, and ultimately I think it has to be left to the coaching staff to make a judgment call. There are two big negative issues that I see:

1. Pot possession. I don't know if any of you have ever been to Eugene, Oregon, but marijuana possession there is like beer possession in Ruston; a few people look down on it, but most people don't care either way. I have never smoked pot, and I'm not condoning what he did, but I do believe that most college-aged kids tend to blend into their surroundings. If other people were doing it and no one seemed to care, then maybe he thought there would be no consequences. Might have a different result in a different environment.

2. Misdemeanor theft. This is a bigger issue for me. We gave several chances to Rolando Melancon, and finally released him for a similar charge. It wasn't just the theft charge that did him in, but that was the (big) straw that broke the camel's back. If these are Masoli's only two incidents, then I might be inclined to give him a shot. If he has a longer history, then it's probably a sign of a guy we don't want.

Since I dont' know his history or his personality, I am not qualified to give an opinion on this young man. That's why it has to be left up to the coaches to make the call.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

I agree here. Masoli is worth the gamble, with a short leash. I assume he would understand that this is his shot at putting a positive mark on his personal life prior to the draft. Lando never got it, just hope if Masoli comes here, he does get it.

It does seem like the coaching staff is VERY uneasy about the 2010 season the way they are chasing down QBs.

And yes this would be exhibit A of zero tolerence. One strike and your career kid is done. Lets see if he comes. This could be alot to do about nothing. All we know is he was in town. Dont know if he liked it.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    And yes this would be exhibit A of zero tolerence. One strike and your career kid is done. Lets see if he comes. This could be alot to do about nothing. All we know is he was in town. Dont know if he liked it.
    What?? Not like Ruston? Not love Tech? Fox you jest!

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I agree too. I'm also curious if he does end up here, if we are prepared to run a Heisman campaign for him this season. Unfortunately we won't be in the national title hunt like Oregon would've but he could still put up one of the best seasons in history with our schedule.
    Kicking AtM's ASS would get him in the conversation. He would be up against the "Great Big 12" QB.

He will not win a Heisman in Ruston, for the same reason Boise was never going to get the BCS Championship sniff.......But being in the Heisman conversation would do wonders for recruiting QBs to Ruston for the remainder of the Dykes/Franklin era.

+ Reply to Thread