+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Band Building Signs

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

New Band Building Signs

New signage was put up on the front and back of the band building on 6/30/2010. Here are a couple of pictures taken and aren't the greatest since it was overcast. I welcome anyone else getting better shots.

The back of the building sign is really impressive when viewed from inside Tolliver and as pedestrians / cars pass on Wisteria Street.

Thanks to Dave Guerin and Jim Robken for their support on this project. The band building deserves a little branding on campus given their status as one of our better representatives.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

Re: New Band Building Signs

Hot Dog! Thats sweet.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

The sign looks great! Now, how much would a complete row of hedges cost us? We've obviously lost a plant or two at some point. You know, it's little things like this that separate winners from losers.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    The sign looks great! Now, how much would a complete row of hedges cost us? We've obviously lost a plant or two at some point. You know, it's little things like this that separate winners from losers.
    Can't agree more that the small things are huge. I have spoken to Tech facilities management about landscaping opportunities i.e. Nethken Hall, Band Bldg, Woodard, etc. As always, it is the details that must be covered such as irrigation, drainage, on-going maintenance. Tech B&G has been taking staff reductions so they aren't looking for more work and I haven't seen much volunteering going on to get these extra things done.

Saying all that, I think Tech would entertain a donor(s) coming in to do or have done some landscaping that would be virtually maintenance free and drought resistance. I'll be glad to discuss this approach with anyone willing to work through the details.

Right now I have been volunteering time to trim low-hanging limbs whenever I am in the mood or get motivated when one hits me in the head as I stroll around campus.

In fact, I need someone in Ruston with a truck that could be employed for a couple of hours early on a Saturday morning to haul limbs to a drop-off spot on Arizona after I drop limbs all over campus. Talking small stuff that is easy to pickup or drag and they will go in a truck bed (can't mind scratches). Anyone with some good loping shears is welcomed - the more the better. Email me if anyone wants to do this on Saturday, July 10.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Tech78, I'd be willing to help. Could provide truck/trailer, too, but can't do it the weekend of the 10th. I'd also be willing to clean out beds, plant new plants, etc. Let me know if another weekend will work.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Very cool. Thanks to all who were involved

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    How about some bouquets to go along with the new sign?
    Attached Files Attached Files

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I saw this yesterday while running on campus and it looks great! Great job!

Is the old sign going to come down?

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    Can't agree more that the small things are huge. I have spoken to Tech facilities management about landscaping opportunities i.e. Nethken Hall, Band Bldg, Woodard, etc. As always, it is the details that must be covered such as irrigation, drainage, on-going maintenance. Tech B&G has been taking staff reductions so they aren't looking for more work and I haven't seen much volunteering going on to get these extra things done.

Saying all that, I think Tech would entertain a donor(s) coming in to do or have done some landscaping that would be virtually maintenance free and drought resistance. I'll be glad to discuss this approach with anyone willing to work through the details.

Right now I have been volunteering time to trim low-hanging limbs whenever I am in the mood or get motivated when one hits me in the head as I stroll around campus.

In fact, I need someone in Ruston with a truck that could be employed for a couple of hours early on a Saturday morning to haul limbs to a drop-off spot on Arizona after I drop limbs all over campus. Talking small stuff that is easy to pickup or drag and they will go in a truck bed (can't mind scratches). Anyone with some good loping shears is welcomed - the more the better. Email me if anyone wants to do this on Saturday, July 10.
    TWSS

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    I saw this yesterday while running on campus and it looks great! Great job!

Is the old sign going to come down?
    Our thanks go to Dave Guerin, Tech's Mgr. of Marketing and Public Relations, for his getting this done. He also has coordinated getting new signage for the Idea Place which is in progress.

B&G has an order to remove the old band building signs - hopefully before the fall quarter starts.

+ Reply to Thread