+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we better off in the sunbelt rather than the WAC

Puppy bulldog is just really nicebulldog is just really nicebulldog is just really nicebulldog is just really nicebulldog is just really nicebulldog is just really nicebulldog is just really nicebulldog is just really nicebulldog is just really nicebulldog is just really nicebulldog is just really nice

Are we better off in the sunbelt rather than the WAC

I know that my being new here won't help much, but putting aside our hatred for the sunbelt and our belief that we're above the belt; would we be better off in the sunbelt than in a Bronco-less WAC?

Without Boise we're looking at a distinctly different conference that doesn't pull in a multi million dollar bowl payday and probably doesn't appeal as much to the tv networks. We're still looking at extreme travel, especially in sports like baseball, softball, and basketball.

So...are we better off in the sunbelt if C-USA doesn't come calling? I think we are. It seams that Tech fans love to belittle the sunbelt by calling it "the belch", "the scumbelt", etc. but is the WAC without Boise much better from a competitive standpoint?. I'm sure there will be plenty to say I'm way off, but I'd be interested to hear the discussion.

At the end of the day I just want to see us in the conference that allows us to put the most dollars toward the growth of the program while fielding competitive teams across sport and gender.
    Last edited by bulldog; 07-05-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: word

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Re: Are we better off in the sunbelt rather than the WAC

It doesn't matter. Perception is everything. The WAC could fall below the belt and it still would be better.

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

NO!!!

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Just say no, amigo.

Good luck with red dots.

Big Dog aan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her game

I think we are a great geographic fit in the sun belt conference. But going there would be like suicide for tech, we are above them academically and athletically. My opinion is that if CUSA does not invite us to join and the WAC does not make a move towards improvement, we should go independent for a while.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

This thread:

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I know that my being new here won't help much, but putting aside our hatred for the sunbelt and our belief that we're above the belt; would we be better off in the sunbelt than in a Bronco-less WAC?

Welcome. The answer is NO! It's a topic that been beaten to death. Sagrain ratings are still be much higher. Payouts are still dramatically higher in the WAC.

Boise was a great WAC member, but Fresno, Nevada, and Hawaii, and even USU and NMSU in some sports are more well known that say an FAU or FIU, and yes even the JUCO down the road. Going to the SB would be death to Tech. People aren't dontaing dollars for this 20M project to go to the Belt.

Onward and UPWARD!
    Last edited by tigtoo30; 07-05-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    The answer is YES. . .
    Tigtoo, I think you're saying NO, Tech would not be better off in the Belt than the WAC.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    Tigtoo, I think you're saying NO, Tech would not be better off in the Belt than the WAC.
    Oops. Thanks for the correction. I think I celebrated a little too much last night!

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Next time maybe you want for find something a little better to talk about in your first thread.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Less prestige
    Less money
    Fewer bowls
    Lowest ranked conference in the country
    Alumni pulling their money
    Less recruiting ability
    Less money to pay coaches
    No one giving to athletic facilities
    Less National exposure
    No separation from in-state universities
    No chance for advancement (other conferences go to the WAC to pick before the belt)

SUICIDE for athletics!

Does that answer your question.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Without Boise we're looking at a distinctly different conference that doesn't pull in a multi million dollar bowl payday and probably doesn't appeal as much to the tv networks. We're still looking at extreme travel, especially in sports like baseball, softball, and basketball.

So...are we better off in the sunbelt if C-USA doesn't come calling? I think we are. It seams that Tech fans love to belittle the sunbelt by calling it "the belch", "the scumbelt", etc. but is the WAC without Boise much better from a competitive standpoint?. I'm sure there will be plenty to say I'm way off, but I'd be interested to hear the discussion.

At the end of the day I just want to see us in the conference that allows us to put the most dollars toward the growth of the program while fielding competitive teams across sport and gender.
    Nice try jackass. Go back to your belch board. We want nothing to do with you or the crappy Belch.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

for real?

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

That's amazing.
    I've never seen so many red dots after just a SINGLE post.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

There are already too many threads about this stuff.

+ Reply to Thread