+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tailgate talk - TV broadcasting coverage around Aillet

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Re: Tailgate talk - TV broadcasting coverage around Aillet

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    only works if his computer has an S video output. I'm sure that's probably what you meant to ask, but you did ask if his TV had one.

That Direct TV thing is cool. I wonder if it has any video-out capabilities?
    Most laptops come with s-video hookups built into them.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    Most laptops come with s-video hookups built into them.
    I have a brand new Sony Vio. I have the laptop and a stand with even more output ports on it. I am sure it does. This is GREAT! I will go to WalMart this weekend and get a cord! Thanks all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I just have to stop the buffering on live streams.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

I guess some do. I've never had one, personally, that did.

I would have had to have an 'entertainment package' installed on the last Dell I had. My Mac requires a ~$20 TV adapter to run out of the monitor jack.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I have a brand new Sony Vio. I have the laptop and a stand with even more output ports on it. I am sure it does. This is GREAT! I will go to WalMart this weekend and get a cord! Thanks all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like you've got it, then. Good luck!

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Okay, in the spirit of BB&B, I need help getting a better stream on my computer. It buffers too much. I use a Verizon Air Card and it has a great signal here. In fact, my Internet is faster than it was with cable or Satellite.

The other question is how do I hook my computer to my TV, so I can watch streamed games on my big screen? I resorted last year to hooking a projector to the laptop and watching it on a screen. I would rather hook directly to my TV.
    What kind of TV?? I bet it has RGB hook up. Shaped like a trapezoid (sp). Has 15 pins on it it. That is going to be your best signal. You hook that up, and also a 3.5 mini audio out to audio in on your TV. that would be the headphone icon on your computer. I use this all the time on projectors and LCD flat panels. Almost all LCD/DLP TV's have the RGB input, come label it as computer in.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

S Video alone will not work. This does not carry audio. You will still have to have a 3.5 audio cable. RGB/VGA would still work best if you have the input on your TV.

Ranger has a point. You still need to get the audio wherever it's going (be that the TV or other sound system)

For that, you're probably looking for something like this http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3909621

some sort of set up that runs male 3.5 out of your laptop into stereo male for the tv/receiver.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

basically any and every flat screen hd has a blue RGB 'computer monitor' hookup and a headphone jack-style audio hookup. Just get a double-sided monitor cord and a double-sided audio/headphone cord and you're good.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Okay, in the spirit of BB&B, I need help getting a better stream on my computer. It buffers too much. I use a Verizon Air Card and it has a great signal here. In fact, my Internet is faster than it was with cable or Satellite.

The other question is how do I hook my computer to my TV, so I can watch streamed games on my big screen? I resorted last year to hooking a projector to the laptop and watching it on a screen. I would rather hook directly to my TV.
    I know there's lots of talk about how crappy AT&T's 3G network is, and it isn't available in near as many places as Verizon, but if it is available to you, it is much, much faster than Verizon.

I watch games with no problems in DFW on one. I've had no problems watching any videos in Hot Springs, Ar this week either, but it is not available in Ruston yet. Word is that they're going to cover I-20 completely by the end of the year though.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

I can get a few channels out there but I have a pretty good antenna booster in my RV. The only "problem" with digital channels is that you either have it or you don't... There is no more watching it fuzzy with a partial picture.

Maybe we should get some wifi hot spot connections around the stadium so that live games, etc can be streamed while tailgating.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgBB View Post

Maybe we should get some wifi hot spot connections around the stadium so that live games, etc can be streamed while tailgating.
    lsu games should be blacked out unless they are losing.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

If it is a brand new sony, chances are, you might even have an HDMI output. (highest quality) And the benefit of HDMI is that the audio/video is carried through one cable.

So for reference:
    S-video (decent quality, still need audio cable)
    RGB (trapezoidal, 15-pin connector. Much better quality than s-video, still need audio cable.
    HDMI (BEST quality and no need for audio cables)

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    HDMI (BEST quality and no need for audio cables)
    This is a BIG time misconception. Not all devices that push out video over HDMI also push out Audio.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

laptops have HDMI nowadays? Jeez. I need to upgrade.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    This is a BIG time misconception. Not all devices that push out video over HDMI also push out Audio.
    True, but most do.

+ Reply to Thread