+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Varsity Bulldog dodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the rough

Re: NBA Free Agency

If LeBron does go to Miami, they could be in for a nice year.

Also, does anyone know if the rumor of Carmello Anthony and Tony Parker to the Knicks is true or not?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The King will tell all of us peons where he intends to headquarters his kingdom in a nationally televised special on ESPN.

Wow. I can't wait.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    The King will tell all of us peons where he intends to headquarters his kingdom in a nationally televised special on ESPN.

Wow. I can't wait.
    At least he is giving any monies raised to the Boys and Girls Club of America. After all the attorney/agent fees I'm sure.:icon_wink:

How did I know this? It is impossible to watch one single segment of ESPN w/out some NBA talk.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dodd View Post
    If LeBron does go to Miami, they could be in for a nice year.

Also, does anyone know if the rumor of Carmello Anthony and Tony Parker to the Knicks is true or not?
    it's all rumor at this point, but the talking heads think that if the knicks don't land Lebron then they will keep the cap space and offer melo next year when he becomes a free agent. It's not a secret that melo would rather play somewhere else so he will probably not resign with the nuggets. As for parker, he is a free agent next year too and rumor has it his wife wants him to go to NY. If she were my wife I would go wherever she wanted me to.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    The name King has nothing to do with NBA titles. I hear Fox say that all the time on his show and I think it is blown up too much.

As far as his location, Broussard says he thinks Miami is the front runner. If he stays with the Cavs I'd love to see a sign and trade with Utah for Boozer. Also would love to see him with Boozer in Chicago.

Doesnt really bother me..Just love getting the bron bron lovers fired up about it.

Varsity Bulldog dodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the rough

Well with Boozer going to Chicago, I'd have to think that this tips the scales a little in their favor in the LeBron sweepstakes. I'd say it's about a 55% chance he does Chicago, 45% chance he goes Cleveland. IMO, New York and New Jersey are already out of it.

If LeBron does go back to Cleveland, he's really inheriting last year's team. That doesn't really bode well if you look at the Eastern Conference landscape. Everyone else is improving, your team is staying the same.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Well with Boozer going to Chicago, I'd have to think that this tips the scales a little in their favor in the LeBron sweepstakes. I'd say it's about a 55% chance he does Chicago, 45% chance he goes Cleveland. IMO, New York and New Jersey are already out of it.

If LeBron does go back to Cleveland, he's really inheriting last year's team. That doesn't really bode well if you look at the Eastern Conference landscape. Everyone else is improving, your team is staying the same.
    Why not Miami? At this point I'd say Miami is closer to 60% Chicago 20% NYC 10% and the Cavs and Nets combine for the last 10%.

IMO the addition 2 million dollars that wasn't expected in the salary cap tilts the scales back to Miami as they could afford to give the big 2 a max deal and pay another Derek Fisher type player to come to this team too.

I just have a gut feeling that he's not going to Miami. I just don't see how the two egos of LeBron and DWade meshing well together. I know it all looks great from a media and marketing standpoint, but I just don't see it happening.

If I'm DWade, do I really need LeBron to be successful? I've already got a solid #2 guy in Bosh, a young player who could develop in Beasley, and maybe if I'm lucky Pat Riley as my head coach.

If I'm LeBron, I can go to Chicago, play on a much better team than the Heat could offer, a city that is crazy about basketball, and a coach who I like. Not to mention if I'm successful, I'll be remembered forever in that city (although you could say the same about Cleveland).

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I just have a gut feeling that he's not going to Miami. I just don't see how the two egos of LeBron and DWade meshing well together. I know it all looks great from a media and marketing standpoint, but I just don't see it happening.

If I'm DWade, do I really need LeBron to be successful? I've already got a solid #2 guy in Bosh, a young player who could develop in Beasley, and maybe if I'm lucky Pat Riley as my head coach.

If I'm LeBron, I can go to Chicago, play on a much better team than the Heat could offer, a city that is crazy about basketball, and a coach who I like. Not to mention if I'm successful, I'll be remembered forever in that city (although you could say the same about Cleveland).
    DWade and Bosh have both said they want LeBron. And LeBron has said how if he teams with Wade he can see their team working out because of their ability to pass the ball better than most superstars.

Also the point has been made all over ESPN that Bosh wanted to play with LeBron more than Wade so if he was going to Chicago then Bosh would've gone there too and Boozer would be going to Miami.

That's a good point about both of them being able to pass effectively. I guess we'll all find out tomorrow

That's a good point about both of them being able to pass effectively. I guess we'll all find out tomorrow
    Yep. There are good points on for Chicago and NYC too though. We shall see.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

I would still bet on him going back to cleveland. he may win multiple titles in miami, but it diminishes his brand. Stay in Cleveland and win just one title and he truly will be King James. I also can't see him hosting a one hour primetime special just to stick it to his home town. If he does leave, he better get out of town fast.

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    I would still bet on him going back to cleveland. he may win multiple titles in miami, but it diminishes his brand. Stay in Cleveland and win just one title and he truly will be King James. I also can't see him hosting a one hour primetime special just to stick it to his home town. If he does leave, he better get out of town fast.
    The special is taking place while he is in Connecticut at Carmelo's wedding.

IMO the only shot at him staying in Cleveland is if they pull off a trade today for a player like CP3.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Thumbs Down Re: NBA Free Agency

I'm pretty tired of the LeBron free agency show, and I'm glad it will finally end tonight.

If he were to win a championship in Cleveland, it would be similar to the Saints winning the Superbowl. The town has not had a champ in forever, and he would be the hero that brought home the trophy. He should think about that.

On the other hand, as a Saints fan, I can't help thinking about the opposite. If Tom Benson had made a big show about possibly moving the team, and then held a big press conference to announce (to great fanfare) that the team would now be the San Antonio Saints, I would have hated him forever. Moving would have been bad enough, but making it so public and making such a big deal out of taking all the wind out of the fans sails, would have made him an absolute a-hole.

Now that LeBron has done all of this, he can't turn back. If he goes on national TV and says that he is going anywhere other than Cleveland, it will be hard for me to be a LeBron fan. Leave if you want to, but the fans deserve to be treated better than this.

+ Reply to Thread