+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bookstore now run by Barnes and Noble...

Varsity Bulldog FieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really nice FieldDawg's Avatar

Re: Bookstore now run by Barnes and Noble...

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    I heard from a bookstore worker that Barnes and Noble will be selling less merchandise like shirts, hats, and all that kind of stuff. That is why they are selling it all so cheap. Hey this is good for techteamshop.com i guess.
    This would go against the model that B&N has used at other college and univesity bookstore when they take over. The huge sale is normal, because B&N is going to bring new merchandise. The store is normally ran just like a regular B&N with a huge selection of goodies.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    I heard from a bookstore worker that Barnes and Noble will be selling less merchandise like shirts, hats, and all that kind of stuff. That is why they are selling it all so cheap. Hey this is good for techteamshop.com i guess.
    I could see them having less selection than the old bookstore.

But as long as that selection is quality, there will be a huge upgrade. I would say 2/3 of the Tech Merch in the old store was doomed to rot on a shelf forever. That stuff was just flat ugly.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    One of my favorite game-specific shirts was for a NLULM game (just after their name change) that stated, "If at first you don't succeed, change your name and try again."
    I still have one of those. I sometimes wear it for yardwork.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post

But as long as that selection is quality, there will be a huge upgrade. I would say 2/3 of the Tech Merch in the old store was doomed to rot on a shelf forever. That stuff was just flat ugly.
    True..I think that Barnes and Noble will be using different brands than the old bookstore used to. I have liked the shirts from the bookstore in the last few years though.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy View Post
    Maybe they will start having professional hours of operation, who ever heard of closing a business at 12:30 on Fridays??? My family and I were in Ruston this past Friday got to the bookstore at 1:30pm and what do you know, CLOSED!!! Unfortunately Mitchell's has very little in stock right now as well. Oh well my wife and daughters were happy, that was more money for them to spend at the Beehive, Folletes and the Pewter store!

Barnes and Noble should update the bookstore's outdated 19th century business model.
    They close early on Fridays because the whole university closes at 12:30 on Fridays in the summer.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post

I talked to a manager of the bookstore that is a friend of mine. She said that everything in the apparel will be reduced, and sold, except the really good under-armor stuff that is on the far wall. Guess that gives an indication of where B&N is headed, because they are already taking direction from them.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I'm assuming they will stock name brand apparel (nike, adidas, under-armor, etc). I would love for a teamshop be included in the south endzone expansion. Fans can go see Tech sports memorabilia and also buy stuff during game day.

I checked out Ohio State's bookstore, they have nice quality stuff but the selection is a lot less than their athletic teamshop.

Ohio State's B&N
    http://ohiostate.bncollege.com/

Ohio State's Athletic Teamshop
    http://ohiostate.teamfanshop.com/?DB_OEM_ID=17300

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

The B&N at Mississippi State is top notch.

Remember quality over quantity.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Yeah the experience I have had with B&N's merchandise was quality stuff (Nike Polos, name brand clothes) instead of quantity (Some weird manufacturer that I have only seen at Tech's bookstore)

Varsity Bulldog BulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of lightBulldawgMom is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    The B&N at Mississippi State is top notch.

Remember quality over quantity.

B&N is not the only bookstore on MSU's campus, but it is the one the university sponsors. Very nice store, but a little pricier. Definitely quality merchandise. My kids generally use a bookstore that tends to be more budget-friendly with textbook resales, etc., although they've spent plenty at B&N, too. I don't see where B&N would be anything but a positive thing for any campus. No junk!

http://msstate.bncollege.com/webapp/...atalogId=10001

Here's a list of B&N campus stores around the nation.

http://www.bncollegemarketing.com/keywords/connect/

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

I just want better t shirts than the bookstore offered.

+ Reply to Thread