+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech publication

Guest Lilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Tech publication

I received my Louisiana Tech University Alumni Today notice today. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that the school would have one. Anyone have more info on that?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: Tech publication

What are you talking about?

Guest Lilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    What are you talking about?

You didnt get a postcard in the mail today from the University? It talked about how the University is in the final stages of preparing Louisiana Tech University Alumni Today. It will feature photos and essays submitted by alumni. It asks you to call a 1800 number to ensure your listing is completely accurate and up to date.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I haven't checked my mail today.

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

I'm always a bit uncomfortable when I receive unsolicited stuff like this. If they would set up a legitmate web site, I might feel a little better verifying/providing personal contact information rather than just calling some phone number.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

I called the number to update my info and was asked to reserve a copy of the publication for $100. I wasn't prepared to do that today so I put it off until finding out more details.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDawg View Post
    I'm always a bit uncomfortable when I receive unsolicited stuff like this. If they would set up a legitmate web site, I might feel a little better verifying/providing personal contact information rather than just calling some phone number.
    That's how I feel. I have joined enough programs and bought enough tickets over the years that they should already have my info on file, and their letters always find their way to my mailbox, so I probably will not call any 800 numbers.

What is Louisiana Tech Alumni Today? If it will feature photos and essays, then it sounds like a website. Is it some kind of new alumni newsletter?

I have the directory that came out several years ago. I don't feel concerned about this request. It's from Ryan, but I'd rather give 100.00 to the Quest for Excellence.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

They had something in one of their e-mail newsletters letting us know that they had contracted with someone to do a new directory.

The hardcopy directories are cool, but I'd much rather they do the directory online through the website they set up.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    That's how I feel. I have joined enough programs and bought enough tickets over the years that they should already have my info on file, and their letters always find their way to my mailbox, so I probably will not call any 800 numbers.

What is Louisiana Tech Alumni Today? If it will feature photos and essays, then it sounds like a website. Is it some kind of new alumni newsletter?
    The woman said it is an 8 1/2 x 11 hardback book that will contain a listing of every tech alum and their latest info dating back to the first class of 1897.
    Alumni will be given a link to upload pictures and essays to be included in the book. A cd is also available for $10 more. They had my last address and the letter was from Ryan Richard so I think it's legit. I just don't know if it's worth $100 to me right now.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfido View Post
    I received my Louisiana Tech University Alumni Today notice today. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that the school would have one. Anyone have more info on that?
    Dear red dotted one:
    When one becomes an alumnus of Tech they receive many notices from their alumni association who from time to time have directories printed with the latest up-to-date information. Sometimes they put it out on a CD. I don't think they've ever had it online, however.
    I'm sure the Alumni Association benefits financially from such a venture.
    The timelag, however, from when one gives the order and the information may easily be outdated when the publication is issued sometimes a year to 18 months later.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Dear red dotted one:
    When one becomes an alumnus of Tech they receive many notices from their alumni association who from time to time have directories printed with the latest up-to-date information. Sometimes they put it out on a CD. I don't think they've ever had it online, however.
    I'm sure the Alumni Association benefits financially from such a venture.
    The timelag, however, from when one gives the order and the information may easily be outdated when the publication is issued sometimes a year to 18 months later.

Thank you for the sarcastic response. However, O sarcastic one, this particular method had never been tried before hence the "FIRST PUBLICATION EVER TO FEATURE LISTINGS, ALONG WITH PHOTOS AND ESSAYS SUBMITTED BY ALUMNI" line. You don't have have to follow me around on the forum and dream up ways to combat me. I know you dont care for me too much, point made.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Thank you for the sarcastic response. However, O sarcastic one, this particular method had never been tried before hence the "FIRST PUBLICATION EVER TO FEATURE LISTINGS, ALONG WITH PHOTOS AND ESSAYS SUBMITTED BY ALUMNI" line. You don't have have to follow me around on the forum and dream up ways to combat me. I know you dont care for me too much, point made.
    Essays and pix are great. Up-to-date addresses and personal information are what sell these books. Getcha one. Your alumni association will appreciate it.
    Carry on.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I got mine today. I bought the last book so I probably won't buy this one. I will call and update my info though.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

You are way too sensitive. I thought that was a good informative post by Dawgpix. You need to lighten up.

+ Reply to Thread