+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LeBron to Miami Heat

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: LeBron to Miami Heat

Quote Originally Posted by juice752 View Post
    its called not watching. Let's be honest here. What else is going on in sports right now?

Its like the guy that calls into colin cowherd to tell him off. Why are you even listening if you don't care?
    you sir win the prize...its the slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww time in sports talk.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I hope the "Three (insert cute nickname still to be determined)" are ready to play a lot of minutes. They aren't going to leave much salary room for any help on the team. I would chuckle if they fail due to lack of depth because they are so top heavy in salary.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

The Heat just became my 3rd favorite team behind the Hornets and Jazz.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Let's get this soccer thing back out of the way so we can get back to baseball and NASCAR....

Did the Heat just become more hated than the Yankees....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Not even close.

The Stankees totally ignore the salary "cap" and just pay a small luxury tax to totally circumvent the "cap"

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    you sir win the prize...its the slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww time in sports talk.
    So you mean you can't fill the show talking about pre all star game baseball?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Leon Lett is always available.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I hope the "Three (insert cute nickname still to be determined)" are ready to play a lot of minutes. They aren't going to leave much salary room for any help on the team. I would chuckle if they fail due to lack of depth because they are so top heavy in salary.
    They signed Mike Miller as a shooter off the bench. With the mid level exception and the Bird exception, they should easily be able to build a team around them. There are so many rules that allow the Heat to go over the cap to resign players and bring in new players.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Not even close.

The Stankees totally ignore the salary "cap" and just pay a small luxury tax to totally circumvent the "cap"
    The Yankees are good for baseball...

Much like the Cowboys are good for the NFL...

And "good/great" Lakers & Celtics are good for the NBA....

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    The Yankees are good for baseball...

Much like the Cowboys are good for the NFL...

And "good/great" Lakers & Celtics are good for the NBA....
    Meh. I always hear this. I think it's mostly myth. Obviously the teams in the biggest markets will sell more t-shirts than the teams in smaller markets, and they'll sell more when they are good than when they are bad.

But the NFL does just fine without the Cowboys being good. Baseball was fine when the Yankees weren't good. And basketball was fine when the Celtics and Lakers weren't great.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I actually thought the Bulls would be a better team with Bron than the Heat. Just because they have young talent that wont totally eat up the salary cap. It is going to be the big 3 with the Heat, Chalmers, and a bunch of league minimum guys. They will be thin. If they all can stay healthy, they will make good playoff runs, though, because all 3 will be able to play the majority of the playoff games.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Meh. I always hear this. I think it's mostly myth. Obviously the teams in the biggest markets will sell more t-shirts than the teams in smaller markets, and they'll sell more when they are good than when they are bad.

But the NFL does just fine without the Cowboys being good. Baseball was fine when the Yankees weren't good. And basketball was fine when the Celtics and Lakers weren't great.
    I will pose it this way -

Where would baseball be without the "Yankee Hate"?

Where would the NFL be without the "Cowboy HATE"?

Where would the NBS be with the "Laker/Celtic hate"?

It's not all about caps, jersies and TV numbers.....

I didn't say anything about the Cowboys being GOOD - I said the Cowboys were GOOD for the NFL, big difference....

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    They signed Mike Miller as a shooter off the bench. With the mid level exception and the Bird exception, they should easily be able to build a team around them. There are so many rules that allow the Heat to go over the cap to resign players and bring in new players.

OK, I'll happily admit I don't know the details about the NBA salary cap.
    Good old Memorial Gym

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I will pose it this way -

Where would baseball be without the "Yankee Hate"?

Where would the NFL be without the "Cowboy HATE"?

Where would the NBS be with the "Laker/Celtic hate"?

It's not all about caps, jersies and TV numbers.....

I didn't say anything about the Cowboys being GOOD - I said the Cowboys were GOOD for the NFL, big difference....
    I think they'd all be fine.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I think they'd all be fine.
    The NBA would not have been fine without Magic and Larry. Had they played for any other teams the rivalry wouldn't have worked. That was then. I agree that It doesn't matter as much, if any, today.

+ Reply to Thread