+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LeBron to Miami Heat

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: LeBron to Miami Heat

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Leon Lett is always available.

Didnt get to hear it but.........

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Heat just jumped up a knotch on my "hope they lose" list. I don't like the trend that teams are going to by adding 2-3 superstars. I got more respect for teams that build up legitimately and adds a piece.

1. Lakerz (just cause of Kobe the teenage rapist
    2. Smeltics (buying KG and Allen)
    3. Heat

Go JAZZ!!
    So you dont like winning? Cause the last 3 NBA champions are in your "hated" teams. And the Jazz are just going to be a playoff team every year.

its a business. And if you were the team owner and you had the ability to sign the 3 of the top players in the game you would do the same thing. Sports might be entertainment for the fans but for the people who put there $$ into it, its all about winning and making $$.

they will win with these 3 superstars and they are gonna sell out every home game and they are going to sell a TON of jerseys cause they are bringing in a whole new team.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    So you dont like winning? Cause the last 3 NBA champions are in your "hated" teams. And the Jazz are just going to be a playoff team every year.

its a business. And if you were the team owner and you had the ability to sign the 3 of the top players in the game you would do the same thing. Sports might be entertainment for the fans but for the people who put there $$ into it, its all about winning and making $$.

they will win with these 3 superstars and they are gonna sell out every home game and they are going to sell a TON of jerseys cause they are bringing in a whole new team.
    So?? I have more respect for teams like the Jazz and Spurs rather. They build their teams the right way.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

That's like recruiting local 2 stars instead of 4 stars from all over the south.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

These guys are paid to win. It's their job. And getting the best available is the smartest thing to do.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    OK, I'll happily admit I don't know the details about the NBA salary cap.
    I didn't either til earlier. I will admit I had to wikipedia to find out about some of these rules.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    These guys are paid to win. It's their job. And getting the best available is the smartest thing to do.
    It's not the Heat it's the Heats players. Lebron is an idiot. What's sad is he had this planned for over a year. He knew the whole time he was never going back to Cleveland. Just be a man and let them know. Did you hear Lebron talking about himself in the 3rd person last night. "Lebron is gonna take his talent to Miami and continue to be great." Massive ego for no rings. Can't hold Jordans jock.

Plus he flat out quit on his team last year. Dudes a punk. Don't care how many rings he wins riding DWades coat tails.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    It's not the Heat it's the Heats players. Lebron is an idiot. What's sad is he had this planned for over a year. He knew the whole time he was never going back to Cleveland. Just be a man and let them know. Did you hear Lebron talking about himself in the 3rd person last night. "Lebron is gonna take his talent to Miami and continue to be great." Massive ego for no rings. Can't hold Jordans jock.

Plus he flat out quit on his team last year. Dudes a punk. Don't care how many rings he wins riding DWades coat tails.
    Jordan, like Magic and Bird, had a great attitude. He's a winner. Meshed great talent with a positive, team-oriented focus.

Lebron is a great talent. If he ever decides to do his part "to help" his team win....it will, and he'll get his ring.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

This drives me crazy.

1- He didn't have this planned. Cleveland was a serious contender to keep him. They failed to be able to build a team around him so he left. Just like any reasonable person would do that wants to win a title.

2- Saying he quit in the playoffs is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. A player leaves to win a championship and he threw his previous shot at a championship? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Jordan, like Magic and Bird, had a great attitude. He's a winner. Meshed great talent with a positive, team-oriented focus.

Lebron is a great talent. If he ever decides to do his part "to help" his team win....it will, and he'll get his ring.
    Seriously? LeBron is all team.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    This drives me crazy.

1- He didn't have this planned. Cleveland was a serious contender to keep him. They failed to be able to build a team around him so he left. Just like any reasonable person would do that wants to win a title.

2- Saying he quit in the playoffs is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. A player leaves to win a championship and he threw his previous shot at a championship? Come on.

Dwayne Wade said they had this planned when they signed their last contracts so they would expire together at the same time. It was on ESPN radio this morning. Now Wade didn't say they planned to be together in Miami so it can be argued that "together" meant together in Cleveland but I am not that naive. DWade was NEVER moving to Cleveland. Hell Bosh desperately wanted to play with Lebron. And he flat out named several cities he would move to but said Cleveland wasn't one of them. Also another hint they knew what they were doing before that stupid announcement show: Bosh said he wasn't going to make a decision until Lebron made his, yet Bosh told everyone a week ago he was going to Miami. Stop drinking the kool aid and connect the dots. Lebron knew all along he wasn't staying in Cleveland.

BTW I'm not saying he said "I quit" and purposely lost or threw a game. I'm saying he quit fighting and gave up like a wuss. I watched the game. Others have said the same thing, including Clevelands owner. He crawled up in the fetal position and quit against Boston. I watched. He did it and his team lost. ...Badly. MJ NEVER had a game like that one in the playoffs. NEVER. Because all talent aside, MJ was a killer. And Lebron doesn't need a "Robin" like MJ did with Pip. Lebron needs more than that. He needs another legit superstar to carry the load for him because he doesn't have the nads that MJ had to lead and carry a team. Wade does though, so Lebron will get his ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Seriously? LeBron is all team.
    Lebron isn't a selfish player with the ball in that he will dish the rock and is actually an exceptional passer. I think if he worked at it he could be the best PG in the league. He just isn't a killer. You want multiple rings without another legit superstar than you need to be a killer. Kobe is a killer. DWade is a killer. It takes more than talent and physical skill. For Cleveland to go further than they did they needed someone that would run through walls to get his way and thats just not Bron-Bron.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

All one needs to know about the NBA culture currently...

60% of NBA players broke 5 years after they leave the league.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...64/1/index.htm

A financial model based on spend spend spend now now now doesn't bode well for the future.

By these precentages: 2 of the 3 (Lebron, Bosh, Wade) will be broke in the next 15 to 20 years

Enjoy the bought championship, I will cheer for OKC and Jazz

Dwayne Wade said they had this planned when they signed their last contracts so they would expire together at the same time. It was on ESPN radio this morning. Now Wade didn't say they planned to be together in Miami so it can be argued that "together" meant together in Cleveland but I am not that naive. DWade was NEVER moving to Cleveland. Hell Bosh desperately wanted to play with Lebron. And he flat out named several cities he would move to but said Cleveland wasn't one of them. Also another hint they knew what they were doing before that stupid announcement show: Bosh said he wasn't going to make a decision until Lebron made his, yet Bosh told everyone a week ago he was going to Miami. Stop drinking the kool aid and connect the dots. Lebron knew all along he wasn't staying in Cleveland.

BTW I'm not saying he said "I quit" and purposely lost or threw a game. I'm saying he quit fighting and gave up like a wuss. I watched the game. Others have said the same thing, including Clevelands owner. He crawled up in the fetal position and quit against Boston. I watched. He did it and his team lost. ...Badly. MJ NEVER had a game like that one in the playoffs. NEVER. Because all talent aside, MJ was a killer. And Lebron doesn't need a "Robin" like MJ did with Pip. Lebron needs more than that. He needs another legit superstar to carry the load for him because he doesn't have the nads that MJ had to lead and carry a team. Wade does though, so Lebron will get his ring.
    The dots you are connecting don't connect. DWade said they planned for this free agency to happen so they could have this option. At that time, none of them had it in their wildest dreams that any team could pay 3 max contracts. When did Bosh ever say he was waiting for LeBron? Others thought he would but I never heard that comment by Bosh. ESPN had been connecting these dots and assuming a lot of stuff they didn't really know. In the end I think what caused this move was LeBron saw that these super teams were getting formed in the East and he had to join one to have any hope of winning.

As far as quitting, I think you are reading too much into it. LeBron was out of sync that series. Stuff like that happens. Jordan had is fair share of bad playoff games. Besides, comparing a 25 year old to the best player to play the game is terribly extreme. LeBron may very well end up with that label when he is done but he is 25.

As far as needing a superstar player, every team that wants to win a championship these days needs one. Kobe has Gausol. Big 3 in Boston. Boozer and Rose now in Chicago. Dirk wasn't enough in Dallas. CP3 wasn't enough in New Orleans. Carmelo wasn't enough in Denver. If you don't have a 2nd star you don't have a championship team.

Lebron isn't a selfish player with the ball in that he will dish the rock and is actually an exceptional passer. I think if he worked at it he could be the best PG in the league. He just isn't a killer. You want multiple rings without another legit superstar than you need to be a killer. Kobe is a killer. DWade is a killer. It takes more than talent and physical skill. For Cleveland to go further than they did they needed someone that would run through walls to get his way and thats just not Bron-Bron.
    That may be his problem. Dawg80 doesn't seem to know LeBron that well. His knock is he isn't afraid to pass the shot down the stretch. LeBron needed to grow a little out of that in Cleveland. He couldn't count on his teammates to hit the shots down the stretch. You could see that in his play. He seemed timid at times in the playoffs because he is making the right basketball read and passing to an open player.

Fortunately and unfortunately for him, Miami is going to allow him to continue to play like this for a while. He, Bosh, and Wade can alternate who carries the team. It is unfortunate because LeBron is not going to learn that selfish streak that star players have down the stretch.

+ Reply to Thread