+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cox versus ATT U-verse

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Cox versus ATT U-verse

My daughter got ATT U-verse in Houston and loves it. Wife got to looking into it and for several reasons is looks better or as good as Cox. The only issue I came up with is Cox channel 37 here in BR. They seem to air a lot of Tech games, even if some are re-broadcast later in the week. Is there any similar channel on ATT U-verse? Anybody have it and can you get the Tech games that are on TV?

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Cox versus ATT U-verse

U-verse is pretty new, and is really only available in metro areas.

That being said, Cox is a channel that is pretty hard to get. It doesn't look like it's included in any of their packages.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    My daughter got ATT U-verse in Houston and loves it. Wife got to looking into it and for several reasons is looks better or as good as Cox. The only issue I came up with is Cox channel 37 here in BR. They seem to air a lot of Tech games, even if some are re-broadcast later in the week. Is there any similar channel on ATT U-verse? Anybody have it and can you get the Tech games that are on TV?
    Is U-verse available at your location in B.R.? AT&T web page says it is not available at our house. I plan to get it as soon as it is available.

U-verse is real spotty. It's available in most of Kenner/Metairie, but not at my house yet. They said it's just a matter of time before I can get it. The Northshore has had it for a while, apparently.

Bulldog dawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    U-verse is real spotty. It's available in most of Kenner/Metairie, but not at my house yet. They said it's just a matter of time before I can get it. The Northshore has had it for a while, apparently.

it is available in all of br from what i understand. prices just dropped and you get $100 gift card too. prices are a little higher than cox but it seems you get a few more channels. not sure on on channel 37. i'm debating on changing as well. seekevin at the sherwood forest location and he can tell you. and get you hooked up.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Cost after all the specials expire are about the same (assuming you include the land line cost) with better DVR for U-verse. My main concern is loss of some effort to bring Tech games to the area TV. Cox does seem to try to gather up all the local sports teams and play or replay the games. I think every televised Tech game was on 37 at some point. ATT does have a lot of sports channels, but I don't know if Tech games are routinely on them.

They say it is available in BR.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I alllllllmost switched to U-Verse here, but decided against it because they don't have the MLB Network.

U-verse has a lot of the Fox sports channels: Fox College Sports Atlantic; Central; Pacific; and the FSN South; Southwest; West; Northwest; Rocky Mountain; and Sportsouth; Sun Sports. Does anyone know if those networks carry WAC and or Tech games?

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

What in the blue-hell is u-verse?

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

For u-verse to work in you neighborhood you have to be within a specified distance from a VRAD. They use bonded pairs which is a new way of getting the signal over a pair of dedicated lines to your house. My neighbor who works for ATT has had u-verse for over a year but he is the only house in the neighborhood that can get it. Even though the u-verse site says that I can get it at my house, at least three other neighbors have tried and it didn't work because they couldn't get the lines from the VRAD conditioned. You also need to look at the number of simultaneous HD channels you can view in your house with u-verse. If you record shows from the DVR you also will have a problem of getting them to transfer to DVD in u-verse. The service here in San Antonio for u-verse is excellent and cheaper than Time Warner but there are a few things you need to look at to make sure it is what you want and has the attributes you are looking for in TV services.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

u-verse is 100 times better than comcast or time warner, but i don't know about cox. i've had it for about 2 years now. i don't know if cox sports is available with the sports package or not. for the longest time, cbscollegesports/cstv was not available at all, but i think that may have changed.

cons:
    - the dvr only works on the master receiver. you can watch recorded tv from any receiver, but you can't record or pause live tv from any secondaries.
    - cstv. as i said this may have changed. i only care about this when Tech has a game on there.
    - cox sports may not be available.
    - with my set up, you can only receive two hd channels at a time, so if you are recording two hd programs, tough luck -- you'll have to watch in sd or watch something recorded.

pros:
    - customer service is better than any cable company that i've ever used, and they don't jack your price up 15% every year.
    - normal pricing for tv/internet combo is comparable to comcast promotional ratesin houston area.
    - dvr is better and easier to use than comcast (but not as good as dish).
    - at&t is partnered with espn, so you get espn3.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    - at&t is partnered with espn, so you get espn3.
    wait. Can you get ESPN 3 over the TV?

Wouldn't that cover most Tech games?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    wait. Can you get ESPN 3 over the TV?

Wouldn't that cover most Tech games?
    no, not on tv. internet. i guess you could hook your computer up to the tv. espn3 usually has pretty good resolution, so that might work pretty well.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

I would get U-Verse in a heartbeat if we had it in Ruston-of-fun!

+ Reply to Thread