+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the memories...Lance!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Thanks for the memories...Lance!

It's over for LA.

Three frickin' crashes....today! One, it appears his seat snapped off! Can ya believe that? The other two crashes were other riders crashing right in front of Lance, where he had no time to react.

No, Lance just said his front tire came off while rolling along at 40 mph! Ouch!

But mostly, it was a pipe dream to win the Tour at age 38. He suffers from TMB. No escaping that.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Thanks for the memories...Lance!

Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I'll ask again....what have you done in the world of athletics?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I'll ask again....what have you done in the world of athletics?
    I played sports, but they weren't boring sports, so you probably would have no interest in them.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to Lance, I find the Tour of France to be am amazing sporting event and eagerly wait for each July to watch it. One day, I hope to travel to Fance to watch it.
    It is an awsome event in amazing settings with incredible athletes.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Thanks to Lance, I find the Tour of France to be am amazing sporting event and eagerly wait for each July to watch it. One day, I hope to travel to Fance to watch it.
    It is an awsome event in amazing settings with incredible athletes.
    It is the best sport going in the month of July. I have a dream of going to run with the bulls and watch a mountain stage of the tour all in the same week.
    One of the best sports out their if your not a couch potato.

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniel72 View Post
    It is the best sport going in the month of July. I have a dream of going to run with the bulls and watch a mountain stage of the tour all in the same week.
    Incorrect. Formula 1 is the best sport going on in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post

But, back to the point, what sports did you play? Of course I'm interested. And I wanna hear all about your, most-assured, all-star exploits too.

Running with the bulls? What's that, the Chicago's NBA team run???

Just kidding. I know what it is: Pamplona, Spain. Folks getting trampled, gored....wow!

Yeah, except for that fact one has to go FRANCE! Yuck! to see it, I'd like to see a stage as well. I did see one stage of the Tour of Georgia, when Lance rode in it, it happened to be a flat stage, so he just cruised in with the group that day. But, we were about 2 miles from the finish....in Columbus, Ga...., waited about 2 hours, at least, and the whole peloton comes flying by at 35 mph, lining up for the final sprint, and it took all of a minute for the main group to come into sight, then disappear around a curve. But there were stragglers and the local team was sponsored by coffee-maker Jittery Joe's, had some riders easing in and waving to the crowd.

I saw Lance's head (helmet) in the middle of the pack, as he came by!

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

HAHA. These guys are true athletes. They have the best cardio and indurance of any athletes in the world...BAR NONE.

HAHA. These guys are true athletes. They have the best cardio and indurance of any athletes in the world...BAR NONE.
    Maybe, but their reaction times are much too slow to be successful in the most elite form of motor racing. Also, the constant 4-5 g force loads would probably snap their pencil necks.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Actually there is a little thing that tees off at St. Andrews this Thursday that is the best thing in sports EVERY July....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Hey dawg80, this is America. Even us couch potatoes get to have our say on what sports we think are boring.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Formula 1 to me =
    I'd lots rather watch Lance and his friends.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    Formula 1 to me =
    I'd lots rather watch Lance and his friends.
    Unless its "La Pista Magica"
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread