+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the memories...Lance!

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Thanks for the memories...Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    This is it, IMO. If Lance wants to win a stage, it's now, Stage 16 Tuesday, or never.

Wed is a rest day, Thur is the big mountain-top finish when all the GC contenders will be pounding away. Friday? Hmmm, a flat stage, but will the sprinters allow Lance to go off and win that stage? Doubtful. Sat is the long ITT....nope! Sun is another sprinters' favorite.

It's Tuesday (tomorrow) or never. Lance rode well today, seemed to have some power but held back. I think he'll let it all explode tomorrow!

Looks like you nailed it....Lance is bookin' it up a mountain right now!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    Looks like you nailed it....Lance is bookin' it up a mountain right now!!
    Got a TV in my office....just tuned in. Go Lance!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten View Post
    Well, Contador is a dumbass and asshole if we didn't know.

Car racing? Golf? Ha!
    Contador is an azzhole....but an awesome climber. Not a Contador fan, personally. As for the crybaby Andy S. tough chit! Keep in mind that the peloton gave Andy boy a HUGE break on Stage 2 that rainy day on that hilly route. Andy crashed, as did Lance and Contador, all in the same pile-up. Lance was mostly okay, and was up and going quickly, Contador had gotten tangled with another rider and was up and riding....1:20 behind Lance, Andy S.'s bike was ruined and he had to switch with a teamate and that put him 2:30 behind Lance, who by then, had several teamates around and they were hammering away. Then....Canchallara who was in yellow, AND!! Andy's teamate (hmmmm...) got the peloton to stop racing allow Andy to catch back on.

That was your mulligan, Andy Boy. The very next day, on the cobblestones, Lance crashed several times, once completely destroying his front wheel and up-front, who was not waiting.....why, it was ole Andy Boy himself! And, in the stage when Andy got yellow, Lance and several other contenders, had crashes, and each time, the head of the peloton, paced by Saxo Bank, quickened the pace. They had heard Lance, and the others, had had problems (over the race radio) and they took advantage of it.

Now, Andy Boy has the audacity to cry because Contador....oh and Menchov and Sanchez too BTW...attacked when he had a little trouble???? Gimme a break.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Not a Contador fan, personally

Me neither. Sure would like to see Lance take the day. Hope I get to see 'em rawhiding it down the last mountain to the finish.

6th on the stage. Good effort. Wasn't his kind of stage, but it was his last chance.

It was great to see him leading going up the steepest part of that mountain today, and glancing back at the other riders. Like days of old!

Lance Armstrong doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. From being on his deathbed at age 24 to SEVEN-TIME TOUR CHAMPION! Hah! He can ride a unicyle in circles if he wishes. He's earned that right. But...

....if anyone had any doubt about his ability today, now, in 2010, well, he left no doubt. He can still ride!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I sure hope Lance gets this message!
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

“It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

, good one. I no mess with Sasquatch either.

I like Carlos Sastre. Asked about the peloton's ridiculous tendency to wait (unless you're Lance Armstrong) for a GC contender who has crashed, had mechanical problems, whatever...Sastre replied, "You don't see them stopping to wait for a crashed-out competitor in Formula 1."

Then he added, "the sport is full of spoiled cry-babies..."

Of course, so too is ALL the sports. The only athletes that just do their job and don't complain are thoroughbreds.

Glad to see Lance on the podium, one last time, as part of the winning team. Good job Shack!

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Glad to see Lance on the podium, one last time, as part of the winning team. Good job Shack!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ex.html?hpt=C2

New info against Lance Armstrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    It's a witch hunt. They won't stop trying to pin something on him, until they do.

During the last several years of his 7-year run, he was tested almost daily. Usually without warning. The Tour officials would just show up and do tests. No other cyclist has ever been treated to such rigorous testing. During those same years, other cyclists were found to be guilty of doping and dismissed from the Tour, as a result of just random checks. If Lance was using banned substances, how did he not get caught then?

That's my question. How did they not find something....anything!...after all those surprise tests during three straight Tours, during prep races in the months leading up to the Tour, and even during training sessions?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I really think he is dirty -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

i watched the Tour de France last summer and got inspired to start riding myself. Depending on the weather, I usually ride about 20-30 miles a day and some days as much as 40-50 as i did last Saturday when I rode to Morrilton to vist an old friend. I just got back from a 10 day trip to Clearwater Beach, Fl. where I rode about 30-35 miles per day. No, I didn't ride my bike down there, I hauled it in my car. The Clearwater-St. Petersburg area is a bike riders paradise. There is a 40 mile trail from Tarpon Springs to St. Petersburg with several side trails and many bike paths marked along the side roads. Some really nice places to visit along the way and a great place to get away from this very cold winter. Temperatures usually ran about 65-70 except for one day that had a high of 53 and very windy. I'm already planning another trip in february. Bicycling is great exercise and I've lost about 20 pounds since I started and it has really helped my diabetes.

+ Reply to Thread