+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3d tv

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

3d tv

Anyone made the jump yet? My buddy watched the home run derby last night on a friend's 3D TV and came in this morning swearing that he is going to throw away his 46" LCD. Just listening to his account of it has me ready to make the jump. He said that he and is friend actually ducked when someone hit a line drive that went over the camera behind the pitcher's mound.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Re: 3d tv

Good article on 3D TVs.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2365010,00.asp

Call me crazy, but I'm perfectly fine with HD. I don't want to wear some goofy ass glasses to watch TV.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

I'm waiting. I don't know that I'll ever want to wear the glasses just to watch the tv. I'll stick to my 100" 1080p LCD HD screen for now.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I think it is the glasses issue that will cause this idea to fail. It failed in the movie theaters, and I believe it will fail in people's homes.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

And for those who are interested, here is a great article on how TV manufacturers fluff the specs of TV to make them seem better than they are. Pretty interesting stuff.
    http://www.maximumpc.com/article/fea...red?page=0%2C0

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I have similar concerns for the glasses issue, but I think that, for a generation that grew up with video game controllers in their hand and interactive media, TV accessories may not be a deal breaker.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    He said that he and is friend actually ducked when someone hit a line drive that went over the camera behind the pitcher's mound.
    Even in HD, I flinched at those camera shots!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

This thread gave me an idea. We are shopping for new TV. Seems the plasmas are a thing of the past or at least they are priced the lowest. I'm going cheap, buying a plasma and several pair of 3D glasses. They'll never know the difference.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

It is actually pretty nice, but the key this time is the battery powered shutter glasses. It's not worth the money yet, but a year down the road when the next wave of tweaks come down the pike it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    It is actually pretty nice, but the key this time is the battery powered shutter glasses. It's not worth the money yet, but a year down the road when the next wave of tweaks come down the pike it might be.
    Yeah, too me, the battery powered limitation is a bigger deal than the fact you have to wear glasses. If they even made it more convenient to recharge while wearing (like rechargeable video game controller), then I would be much quicker to pull the trigger.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

yeah. They are geting closer, thats why I think in another year it is going to be a better pick up. The glasses should work like the console controllers.

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Seems the plasmas are a thing of the past or at least they are priced the lowest.
    They have a better picture than LCD's do. If you're going for picture quality plasma is your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by BDog05 View Post
    They have a better picture than LCD's do. If you're going for picture quality plasma is your best bet.
    They wear out WAY faster than LCDs do.

I have a 56" lcd and a 42" plasma and if you take care of the plasma and watch its heat they will last as long as lcds. You have to take more care with plasmas though.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    And for those who are interested, here is a great article on how TV manufacturers fluff the specs of TV to make them seem better than they are. Pretty interesting stuff.
    http://www.maximumpc.com/article/fea...red?page=0%2C0
    Wow. And I only thought I was ignorant about HDTV before. I also read their buying guide that was linked to the story and I don't think there is any way I could buy a TV that way. I'm already obsessive enough, but if I used their method I'd NEVER be able to decide.

I guess when I get around to buying one I'll just pick one that has a couple of good reviews and hope for the best.

+ Reply to Thread