+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3d tv

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: 3d tv

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Wow. And I only thought I was ignorant about HDTV before. I also read their buying guide that was linked to the story and I don't think there is any way I could buy a TV that way. I'm already obsessive enough, but if I used their method I'd NEVER be able to decide.

I guess when I get around to buying one I'll just pick one that has a couple of good reviews and hope for the best.
    That is the approach I use. If it looks good to me, gets good reviews, and the price is right, I will take the leap and get it. I typically do my research on the AV Science Forum.

While it is easy to do a side-by-side comparison in a big box store, sometimes they fool with the settings, so you may not be comparing best image on one set versus best image on another.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I typically do my research on the AV Science Forum.
    Highdefjunkies.com is a good site too. I used it alot when choosing a tv. Ended up with a 50" Panasonic plasma and it has been great.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

While we are on this topic, what are folks' thoughts about mounting a TV above a fireplace? My new house has a nook above the fireplace for a TV, but I've always thought your TV was supposed to be at approximately eye level.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

While we are on this topic, what are folks' thoughts about mounting a TV above a fireplace? My new house has a nook above the fireplace for a TV, but I've always thought your TV was supposed to be at approximately eye level.
    Have placed the TV in both locations, I prefer the TV lower. I prefer it on a console stand, as well, because it is easier to hide the wires to your other AV components. Also, you want to be careful about the heat output of your fireplace.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Have placed the TV in both locations, I prefer the TV lower. I prefer it on a console stand, as well, because it is easier to hide the wires to your other AV components. Also, you want to be careful about the heat output of your fireplace.
    This.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

First the family gathered around the fireplace or room heater. The next generation got a radio to stare at. Then came the TV. Now we've come full circle. We can watch the fireplace with the TV above it. Not! You can't do both.

The TV must be no higher than eye level where one can sit somewhat upright. Otherwise the eyeballs dry out from looking upward all the time.

In other words, put the TV where the heck you want!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    First the family gathered around the fireplace or room heater. The next generation got a radio to stare at. Then came the TV. Now we've come full circle. We can watch the fireplace with the TV above it. Not! You can't do both.

The TV must be no higher than eye level where one can sit somewhat upright. Otherwise the eyeballs dry out from looking upward all the time.

In other words, put the TV where the heck you want!
    Absolutely. Then you can buy another one when it burns out from overheating.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

I haven't had any problems with my plasma mounted above the fireplace. The mantel blocks most of the heat. As far as eye/neck fatigue...it is easier on the body to have the tv near eye level for long periods of viewing. It is, however, difficult in most homes to have an entire theater screen at eye level. My theater screen ranges from about eye level at the bottom when seated to almost 8' tall at the top. Perfect height for reclining!

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Yeah, but the TV 3D is supposed to be much better than the movie theater 3D.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

You still have to wear ridiculous glasses in your home in order to watch non-annoying double lines and weird colors. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    You still have to wear ridiculous glasses in your home in order to watch non-annoying double lines and weird colors. No thanks.
    Have you tried it yet?

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

In the store, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    In the store, yeah.
    With the glasses?

With the glasses?
    Yes.

+ Reply to Thread