+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better Head To The Gym

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Better Head To The Gym

Look at this little nugget in the health care bill:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/69436

Just something else the government has no business getting involved in.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Better Head To The Gym

Well, it would be kind of stupid for a medical record--electronic or otherwise--NOT to include someone's BMI.

Now, if the law had a provision for reporting BMI to the IRS for some sort of national "obesity tax," then that would be a problem.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Well, it would be kind of stupid for a medical record--electronic or otherwise--NOT to include someone's BMI.
    Shouldn't it be a doctor's decision to measure BMI, not something mandated by the federal government?

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post

Now, if the law had a provision for reporting BMI to the IRS for some sort of national "obesity tax," then that would be a problem.
    How could anyone not think that's the next "logical" step?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Just implant a chip in me now. Let them friggin know everything. That is what they want anyway. Just quit beating around the bush and do it.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

This is from a conserative viewpoint, but here are some possible ramifications from the reporting of BMI and other criteria.

http://www.redstate.com/uplateagain/...ld-get-it-too/

Looks like the Fed already requires states to report BMI of kids 2-18.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

They can bite me. I ain't having none of this. No way no how. Besides that, by 2014 that ass will be out of office, praise the good Lord.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Yet again another stupid policy that says you have to look and be a certain way.

The bigger problem out of all of this is ye national register.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Let me see. They have your height and your weight already ... oh and your gender. What is there they don't already have to calculate BMI?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

My BMI is out of whack! I admit that. But, it ain't so bad that it affects anyone else. I do exercise and am trying to improve my BMI issue. In the meantime, I don't smoke, I can walk up several flights of stairs without falling out! I don't occupy more space than I'm alotted, like TWO fatsos who pushed everyone aside at the Chinese buffet last night, whoa!

There is often a fine line between gov-mint meddling and doing something for the good of the nation. We all can think of thousands of examples! And, while some things are most definitely a good idea.....like all of us watching our weight/health...it's not always the gov-mint's role to mandate solutions.

As for obamanation...I bet a lot of fatsos voted for his skinny azz last go-around. Be interesting to see how many of them will this next time.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    This is from a conserative viewpoint, but here are some possible ramifications from the reporting of BMI and other criteria.

http://www.redstate.com/uplateagain/...ld-get-it-too/

Looks like the Fed already requires states to report BMI of kids 2-18.
    I had a BMI once and it drove great

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

BMI is a pretty poor method of measuring "obesity".

Body builders would be considered obese, some morbidly obese.

A thin person with high body fat would be considered "normal".
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    BMI is a pretty poor method of measuring "obesity".

Body builders would be considered obese, some morbidly obese.

A thin person with high body fat would be considered "normal".

I am actually a good representation of this, minus the body building. I am 5'9" and weigh in at 190. However, I have a 32 inch waist. According to our Wii, I need to lose like 40 lbs. If I did that, there wouldn't be any of me left. I have never had a doctor tell me that I really should weigh 150, that is crazy.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I wonder what black market doctor services go for

Varsity Bulldog dawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the rough

My son is another example... at 5' 10", 185# and 32" waist, he is on the high end of "normal" BMI. BMI does not take body fat or build into consideration. It is age, gender, height and weight. So a person with more muscle mass will be higher.

I'm wondering if, aside from a fat tax, if we will see a federal attempt similar to the failed MS House Bill 282 prohibiting restaurants from serving fatties.

+ Reply to Thread