+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Notable Louisiana Tech alumni

Varsity Bulldog TechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really nice

Notable Louisiana Tech alumni

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...versity_alumni

Not sure who created/upkeeps the website, but it's pretty cool to see. Looks like not everyone on the list is an "alumnus", as some only attend Tech for a short period then transferred to another school.

Most surprising on the list for me: Will Wright - Co-founder of the game development company Maxis; Creator of the Sim City computer game series

Missing from the list: Cheryl Ford, Dr. Randall F. Barron, and others (http://www.latech.edu/admissions/alumni.shtml)

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Re: Notable Louisiana Tech alumni

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDynamic View Post

Not sure who created/upkeeps the website, but it's pretty cool to see. Looks like not everyone on the list is an "alumnus", as some only attend Tech for a short period then transferred to another school.

Most surprising on the list for me: Will Wright - Co-founder of the game development company Maxis; Creator of the Sim City computer game series

Missing from the list: Cheryl Ford, Dr. Randall F. Barron, and others (http://www.latech.edu/admissions/alumni.shtml)

It's wikipedia, anyone can update the info. As far on who created the site, it was created by Jfossella on Oct 2007.

If you want to add missing information, just edit the page.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

All graduates are alumni.
    All alumni are not graduates.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    It's wikipedia, anyone can update the info. As far on who created the site, it was created by Jfossella on Oct 2007.

If you want to add missing information, just edit the page.
    Before 2007, it was just on the Tech entry for notable alumni.

I was the one who added Will Wright back before 2007. I initially added Wright to the last after seeing a biography on him that was shown on G4, and was shocked that he was once a Bulldawg! Wright transfered from LSU to Tech back in 1978 because Tech had the better robotics classes. He was here for 2 years before leaving.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

No list of distinquished alumni would be complete without

Hogdawg

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Oh, I'm sorry, I read that wrong. Hogdawg is on the extinquished list.

My bad.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDynamic View Post

An alumnus is, by definition, a person who attended OR graduated from an institution.
    Last edited by Brian96; 07-20-2010 at 02:59 PM.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

echo in here?:icon_wink:

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Will Wright blows my mind. That man is a legend. Going on my 7th year at Tech and this is the first I've heard of this...and I majored in programming!!

host of Cheaters...that's hilarious.

So are the Vanilla Ice rumors not true? That's been an urban legend around campus - that Ice spent a semester or two here - for as long as I can remember.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Will Wright blows my mind. That man is a legend. Going on my 7th year at Tech and this is the first I've heard of this...and I majored in programming!!

host of Cheaters...that's hilarious.

So are the Vanilla Ice rumors not true? That's been an urban legend around campus - that Ice spent a semester or two here - for as long as I can remember.
    I'm pretty sure that is not true. He was a guest on KLPI radio a couple of times before "Ice Ice Baby" hit it big, but I don't think he ever enrolled at Tech. He did become good friends with one of the KLPI DJs, which later paid off for both of them professionally.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I had the privilege of meeting (only only saluted and shaking hands) Gen. David Jones when I attended the USAFA in 1974. I had no idea he was a TECH grad.

David Charles Jones - Retired U.S. Air Force General; former U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff; former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    echo in here?:icon_wink:
    I just thought it worthwhile to provide a more straightforward definition (and a link to a reference) in case your syllogism were not decoded.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I had the privilege of meeting (only only saluted and shaking hands) Gen. David Jones when I attended the USAFA in 1974. I had no idea he was a TECH grad.

David Charles Jones - Retired U.S. Air Force General; former U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff; former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
    He wasn't a Tech grad. Apparently Tech was one of the schools he collected courses from en route to a degree.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is not true. He was a guest on KLPI radio a couple of times before "Ice Ice Baby" hit it big, but I don't think he ever enrolled at Tech. He did become good friends with one of the KLPI DJs, which later paid off for both of them professionally.
    is that Marcus?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I just thought it worthwhile to provide a more straightforward definition (and a link to a reference) in case your syllogism were not decoded.
    You're right Brian. Syllogism and echo don't rhyme.:icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread