+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wow. A good editorial in the News Star...

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Wow. A good editorial in the News Star...

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...NION01/7210303

Almost fell out of my chair...

Tech President Dan Reneau last week told The News-Star that Tech was providing educational opportunities "unrivaled" in this part of the state. And who's to say he is wrong? Indeed, Tech may be providing students opportunities unrivaled in most regions.
    The editorials in this column represent opinions of The News-Star's editorial board, composed of President and Publisher David B. Petty, Executive Editor Kathy Spurlock, Managing Editor Ken Stickney and community representatives Wiley Hilburn, Whitney Martin and Roderick Worthy.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Re: Wow. A good editorial in the News Star...

Nice shout out.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Tech is doing a good job and our success is pretty undeniable. But for the Newstar to recognize it in such a glowing editiorial is surprising. At the same time, its very appreciated.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The editorials in this column represent opinions of The News-Star's editorial board, composed of President and Publisher David B. Petty, Executive Editor Kathy Spurlock, Managing Editor Ken Stickney and community representatives Wiley Hilburn, Whitney Martin and Roderick Worthy.

Maybe Hilburn can get him a permanent spot as community representative on the N-S editorial board.:icon_wink:

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

A very nice editorial. It makes me very proud that I graduated from Louisiana Tech.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

.....and guess who their editorial is about today??
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Editorial: To grow, key on knowledge
    July 22, 2010
    Article link: http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...y-on-knowledge

Joseph R. McGahan is professor of social psychology and co-director of the Social Science Research Lab at The University of Louisiana at Monroe.
    "...we would be foolish not to acknowledge and support Louisiana Tech's ambitious goal of creating and developing a research park in an attempt to stimulate an investment in a knowledge-based economy. Indeed, if we look at other areas around the country that have prospered from knowledge-based economies (e.g., North Carolina, Texas, Colorado, etc.), areas that have capitalized on their intellectual resources, we would have to acknowledge that The University of Louisiana at Monroe and Grambling University have, at least, the potential to take advantage of Louisiana Tech's initiative and make our unique contributions such that instead of a research park in Ruston, we could have a research park in Ruston that is part of (perhaps, a nucleus for) an I-20 research corridor."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

More proof of why they are known as Me Too U.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Editorial: To grow, key on knowledge
    July 22, 2010
    Article link: http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...y-on-knowledge

Joseph R. McGahan is professor of social psychology and co-director of the Social Science Research Lab at The University of Louisiana at Monroe.
    "...we would be foolish not to acknowledge and support Louisiana Tech's ambitious goal of creating and developing a research park in an attempt to stimulate an investment in a knowledge-based economy. Indeed, if we look at other areas around the country that have prospered from knowledge-based economies (e.g., North Carolina, Texas, Colorado, etc.), areas that have capitalized on their intellectual resources, we would have to acknowledge that The University of Louisiana at Monroe and Grambling University have, at least, the potential to take advantage of Louisiana Tech's initiative and make our unique contributions such that instead of a research park in Ruston, we could have a research park in Ruston that is part of (perhaps, a nucleus for) an I-20 research corridor."
    In other words, "Lets see if we can ride on Tech's coattails!" I think ULM will be disappointed though since my view of the I-20 research corridor is going to mainly be between Ruston and Shreveport. I'm hoping we will work with LSUHSC and continue to expand our influence in Shreveport, which is an area that is growing (unlike Monroe), despite the closure of Hummer plant.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    In other words, "Lets see if we can ride on Tech's coattails!" I think ULM will be disappointed though since my view of the I-20 research corridor is going to mainly be between Ruston and Shreveport. I'm hoping we will work with LSUHSC and continue to expand our influence in Shreveport, which is an area that is growing (unlike Monroe), despite the closure of Hummer plant.
    Well! lucky them, Grambling is between Tech and Shreveport.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    When have they ever done anything else. They can put their research facility in a double wide just like their kissin' cousins to the south.

+ Reply to Thread