+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Facilities attract potential players - thenewsstar.com

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Post Facilities attract potential players - thenewsstar.com

Facilities attract potential players
    By Ethan Conley • econley@thenewsstar.com • July 25, 2010

Yearly revenues and operating expenses only tell a small portion of the story when it comes to Louisiana Tech's increased athletics spending.

The university may be spending more on coaches, marketing, recruiting, and equipment, but it doesn't mean much if facilities are — for lack of a better word — dumps, especially compared to recruiting competitors Tulsa, SMU, TCU and Southern Miss, all of which have upgraded their facilities in the past decade.

Article Link: http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...ential-players

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Facilities attract potential players - thenewsstar.com

Can someone get DFM to add that up for us?????? WOW!!!!!!!!

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

We actually got some credit from TNS.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The more we do, the harder it will be for TNS to ignore us. Their attempt to give equal coverage will become more and more comical as we continue.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

One has to be a bit astounded with all the GOOD news regarding our Dawgs, academically, athletically, etc.. Something new almost every week. Our leaders are keeping our name out in front of the population!!! Almost makes me think our PR folks have all their fingers on all the switches

Good days to be a Dawg!!!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Don't worry. Tabby will publish an article tomorrow comparing Tech and ULM's travel expenses.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Don't worry. Tabby will publish an article tomorrow comparing Tech and ULM's travel expenses.
    And in typical ULM fashion, she didn't think of it until you suggested it on this board.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    And in typical ULM fashion, she didn't think of it until you suggested it on this board.
    Ok, well I'll delete my comment if you delete your's, and we can hope she hasn't clicked on this thread yet.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish this article would get printed in all the state's major newspapers! This is great! Nice job, Ethan!

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

if you just stand on the track and look at the block of Alabama and Tech Dr, its amazing how different it looks than just 5 years ago. New apartments instead of stank tennis courts, new track instead of worst track in the country, new classy black fence instead of worn out chain link fence, new intramural center under development, redone Joe parking lot, amazing grass instead of dirt piles for the practice fields.

There are seriously only 3 things left to do that I see: the railroad bridge, repaving the softball parking lot, and putting up a brick-and-mortar softball field instead of what we have now. After that, the amazing transformation will be complete.

It really is something to be proud of.

Also, I had this idea: how about transplanting some trees to Joe Alliet Stadium, covering up the aluminum bleachers in the north end zones? There is already one tree partially doing this, which gave me the idea. There are dozens (hundreds) of trees along the railroad tracks between UP and Wyly Tower to choose from. Take some, replant them at the stadium, covering that aluminum and sort of curving in the endzones towards the jumbotron. Great looking, easy fix right there, IMO.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Also, I had this idea: how about transplanting some trees to Joe Alliet Stadium, covering up the aluminum bleachers in the north end zones? There is already one tree partially doing this, which gave me the idea. There are dozens (hundreds) of trees between UP and Wyly Tower to choose from. Take some, replant them at the stadium, covering that aluminum and sort of curving in the endzones towards the jumbotron. Great looking, easy fix right there, IMO.
    Pine. Damn. Trees.

No stronger symbol of N. La.

First plant lots of em to screen some of the stadium's "back-stage" looking sections.

And then plant a whole grove of them behind and on either side of DawgZilla.

"Thith ith Lou Holth -- ith GameDay coming to you live from Ruth-ton Louithiana. A beautiful fall evening to dethide the WAC champion beneath the pines here at Joe Aillet Th-tadium."

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

That's exactly what I'm saying, Champ.

New nickname for JAS: The Jungle. Play some Guns N Roses during games...it'd (a) be awesome, and (b) look awesome.

I'm completely serious.

I can just see Coach Dykes out there raking the pine straw off our new field turf.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    That's exactly what I'm saying, Champ.

New nickname for JAS: The Jungle. Play some Guns N Roses during games...it'd (a) be awesome, and (b) look awesome.

I'm completely serious.
    This is a pretty cool idea Clayton. I believe Nicholls has at least one of their endzones lined with pine trees, if I saw correctly on Cox Sports Tonight the other evening, and it looked pretty cool actually.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I can just see Coach Dykes out there raking the pine straw off our new field turf.
    If it comes to that BB&B will all chip in and buy Buildings and Grounds a leafblower.

I am 100% in favor of "pining in" our endzone.

+ Reply to Thread