+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: We are NOT scheduling for success...

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

Re: We are NOT scheduling for success...

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    100% correct. This Board does not hold DR accountable to the extent that he is responsible (which is wholly).

Funny how in Bruce's interview he kept mentioning this was a joint decision between him and Sonny, Sonny wants this and Sonny may want that, but never mentioned Reneau.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by kdk008 View Post
    Funny how in Bruce's interview he kept mentioning this was a joint decision between him and Sonny, Sonny wants this and Sonny may want that, but never mentioned Reneau.
    Not a good idea for either BVDV or Sonny to make their boss look bad, especially considering they are barely a year combined in their current poisitions.

But I practically guarantee with the current state budget situation that BVDV was told what he needed to do while being given only limited latitude to determine how to do it.

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Not a good idea for either BVDV or Sonny to make their boss look bad, especially considering they are barely a year combined in their current poisitions.

But I practically guarantee with the current state budget situation that BVDV was told what he needed to do while being given only limited latitude to determine how to do it.

Never said anything about making him look or sound bad, he just did not mention him at all when it came to decision making. I don't see how mentioning what the president wants makes it to where he is bashing him, just simply stating why decisions are made. It seemed to me Bruce was trying to deflect blame by constantly mentioning Sonny.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    If you pay for recruiting, you'd have a better understanding of what is going on.
    Oh, okay, so the recruiting board automatically makes you some sort of quasi-athletic director. Seriously, do you even know what a football looks like?

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

If you pay for recruiting, you'd have a better understanding of what is going on.
    You can't be serious.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Oh, okay, so the recruiting board automatically makes you some sort of quasi-athletic director. Seriously, do you even know what a football looks like?
    This also helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScourgeOf7seas View Post
    At East Carolina, we schedule no cupcakes OOC.
    This depends on what you think of Duke football, right? :icon_wink:

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    How many of you who are jumping ship now, were the ones who didn't want to look for another AD when Dooley left? The people who said "There's no reason to look for another one, we have a GREAT one RIGHT HERE!!!" Or the ones who said, "BVDV did all the work for Dooley anyway."

Care to reconsider your stance...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I don't think anyone fits that category.
    Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    No one that will admit it.
    I'll admit that I'm rethinking my stance, although I never claimed BVDV to be a "great" AD. I thought we should give him a chance. However, I'm with maddawg. I'm less than impressed with his Grambling deal and not too happy about the 7 road games, but I do understand the bind he was put in with Boise leaving. As far as I'm concerned, he should have a very short leash, maybe another a year or two to see what type of schedules he puts together beyond 2012. Let's see what he can get done as far as increasing funds.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

That's exactly what I'm saying.

ULL only has 1 future game scheduled for 2011 and 0 scheduled for 2012.

Because ULL has so many open dates, what Daq said about ULL dropping Tech for LSU could only be possible if LSU's open date was the same as Tech's.

And Tech and LSU's open dates don't match up.

In 2011, LSU's only available date is their season opener on 9/3 when Tech is scheduled to play at Southern Miss.

In 2012, LSU only needs a homecoming game in October or November.
    There is another option. Maybe ULL is wanting to schedule another money game and a couple of home FCS games and scheduling Tech would prevent that since they agreed to the LSU game.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    There is another option. Maybe ULL is wanting to schedule another money game and a couple of home FCS games and scheduling Tech would prevent that since they agreed to the LSU game.
    You're not allowed to believe those reasonable posibilities DD. You must only believe the worst haven't you heard and don't you know.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I take it that BVDV is a novice when it comes to real rocket science like scheduling...not a very impressive lad!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread