+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU blogger releases non-AQ poll

Big Dog MTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really nice

Re: ECU blogger releases non-AQ poll

Quote Originally Posted by nytetyme View Post
    Haha. Whatever you say MTSU. Just like playing LSU at night in Tiger Stadium was supposed to be so hard. Be glad your greatest team ever didn't play one of our worst teams ever and lose. Sorry MTSU but the reality is that yall would have still lost.. Sorry but thats what happens when you play in the Belt. You get know sympathy for be glad yall didn't play us last year. Last time someone said that I believe it was North Texas after coming off their 3rd conference title. And we all remeber what happened to the mean green the years they played us. Disaster
    Yeah and that was when the Sun Belt was terrible. Times have changed, but people like you live in blissful ignorance, turning a blind eye to the continued improvements made by the Sun Belt. One of your big games this year you're all looking forward to is Southern Miss, right? Who plays in the conference you all want to be in, right? So that 14 point victory we put on them last year means nothing? Oh wait let me save the tired spin job for you "they were playing in a bowl game they weren't excited about, if it had been a regular season game they would have run you off the field" and every other C-USA or AQ conference team we've beaten was just looking past us, or we had lucky bounces or their entire team had food poisoning.

We would have beaten you in Murfreesboro, in Ruston, and anywhere in between last year.

Big Dog MTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    MTSU won 10 games last season.

The more games you win, the more respect you earn no matter who you play.

It's just that simple.

PiKapp correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe MTSU refuses to sign contracts with BCS schools without a return game.

Didn't MTSU sign several 2-1, 3-1, or even 4-1 deals?
    The last time we played a game without a return game was in 2008 against Kentucky, but that was picked up in the eleventh hour when we let Memphis push the 2nd game in our(then five, now seven year series) to the end. Memphis wanted to play Louisville, so the game was pushed from 2008 to 2012 and two more years were tacked on.

The next time we play without a return game will be when we play at Neyland in 2011. It's not that we won't do it, but we don't do it often.

Recent or upcoming deals

2-1 with Maryland
    2-1 with Louisville
    1-1 with Mississippi State
    2-1 with Georgia Tech
    1-1 with Minnesota
    2-2 with Vandy
    4-3 with Memphis

Big Dog westdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by MTSUPiKapp View Post

We would have beaten you in Murfreesboro, in Ruston, and anywhere in between last year.

That is where you went absolutely off your rocker in that rant.

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

I hate Southern Miss and think they are overrated every year MTSU. You beating one decent 6-6 team in the New Orleans bowl doesn't impress me. MTSU can hold on to their precious one year of glory... The New Orleans Bowl....YAY. Because MTSU will become the team nobody cares about once again. O wait you have Dasher, he is awesome. Well let me be the first to say that Dasher couldn't hold Kapernicks d___........Wait this is a family board, you fill in that blank.

Quote Originally Posted by westdawg View Post
    That is where you went absolutely off your rocker in that rant.
    You guys play tough at home, but we would have been the second best team you played at home last year. It would have been closer in Ruston, but I still think we take it.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

You guys play tough at home, but we would have been the second best team you played at home last year. It would have been closer in Ruston, but I still think we take it.
    Pretty self explanatory.

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

It'll never be settled man. All this what-if's and crap are useless. Only way to find out is if we meet on the field, and who knows, it could be during bowl-season. We all know you guys are good, and the respect you're garnering in the polls and media is notable, just don't come to our board telling us how you can beat us. You're not Boise State, you're MIDDLE TENNESSEE, so you haven't proved anything yet.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

These hypotheticals are pointless. You guys had a good season last year. Who would have won? Who knows? It would have been a close game in all likelihood.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Shooting for the moon now aren't we? Do you know how crappy of a home schedule we had last year minus Boise?

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

I don't think they would last two quarters with Nevada or Fresno.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya261 View Post
    It'll never be settled man. All this what-if's and crap are useless. Only way to find out is if we meet on the field, and who knows, it could be during bowl-season. We all know you guys are good, and the respect you're garnering in the polls and media is notable, just don't come to our board telling us how you can beat us. You're not Boise State, you're MIDDLE TENNESSEE, so you haven't proved anything yet.
    To be fair I didn't come here to tell you we'd beat you, it was only after people started bagging on MT that I spoke up. I just thought you guys might be interested in the non-AQ poll, just something to keep an eye on during the season, if you guys have the turnaround you all expect and if Tony Franklin does for Tech what he did for MT and Troy you guys will surely climb the ranks in that poll. At the end of the day the poll means nothing, but I think it's a fun idea and as one of the voters I'm excited to see how it goes this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Shooting for the moon now aren't we? Do you know how crappy of a home schedule we had last year minus Boise?
    It's true, you guys didn't play much of anyone at home last year, so we would be the second best team by default, but we still had a very solid team last year.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

To be fair I didn't come here to tell you we'd beat you, it was only after people started bagging on MT that I spoke up. I just thought you guys might be interested in the non-AQ poll, just something to keep an eye on during the season, if you guys have the turnaround you all expect and if Tony Franklin does for Tech what he did for MT and Troy you guys will surely climb the ranks in that poll. At the end of the day the poll means nothing, but I think it's a fun idea and as one of the voters I'm excited to see how it goes this year.

Good post. I think it will be fun to watch. If we had played ya'll last year, I might well have picked ya'll in our Pick-Em contest. It would have depended on location and injuries and who was hot etc. I respect your program and what you have been able to do. Just remember, some of us will be interested in watching your poll and seeing if our play on the field can improve the perception others have of us. We were handicapped by our own administration for so many years that a lot of us have grown rather impatient.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nytetyme View Post
    I hate Southern Miss and think they are overrated every year MTSU. You beating one decent 6-6 team in the New Orleans bowl doesn't impress me. MTSU can hold on to their precious one year of glory... The New Orleans Bowl....YAY. Because MTSU will become the team nobody cares about once again. O wait you have Dasher, he is awesome. Well let me be the first to say that Dasher couldn't hold Kapernicks d___........Wait this is a family board, you fill in that blank.
    Wow Ross you are really fired up about this

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

I know revf. This MTSU guy is cracking me up today. Just got done with some 110's so my juice is flowing within my muscles right now. This dude is totally close to getting the "peoples elbow" from me. Thanks for being such a good fan revf to me and my family. You are awesome

+ Reply to Thread