+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: M. Golf. 2010-11 News

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: M. Golf. Bulldogs Struggle at WAC Championships

Good for the golf team...BUT....still mediocre at best. I am tired of being middle of the road, though. Except for WBB and Track & Field, we struggle mightily. Just saying it grates on the soul.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Good for the golf team...BUT....still mediocre at best. I am tired of being middle of the road, though. Except for WBB and Track & Field, we struggle mightily. Just saying it grates on the soul.
    So would you sleep better at night knowing we had the second or third best golf team? If so I can't imagine what a rush it would be for you if we came in first.

Hope that WBB and T&F thing keeps you loyal.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Re: 5/2-4 WAC Men's Golf Championship

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    looks like a rough second day for most of the squads but we have dropped 16 shots today, last I looked we were 23 over.
    Yeah, the back nine on this course must be tough, either that or the wind gave them problems.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

M. Golf. Lempke, Shepard Earn WAC Honors

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech's Jack Lempke was named the Western Athletic Conference Freshman of the Year as voted by the league coaches while senior Clinton Shepard was named second team all-conference which was announced the WAC office Wednesday following the final round of the championships held at Rio Secco Golf Course.

More...

Discuss it here.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

M. Golf. Bulldogs Record Best Finish at WAC Championships

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Sam Forgan and Jonathan Bale both shot red numbers in the third and final round of the 2011 Western Athletic Conference Championships to lead Louisiana Tech to its best finish in program history at the event held this year at Rio Secco Golf Course.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    So would you sleep better at night knowing we had the second or third best golf team? If so I can't imagine what a rush it would be for you if we came in first.

Hope that WBB and T&F thing keeps you loyal.
    Not to worry, pal. I've been loyal before you were born.....

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

The Dawgs had a good final day with Bale and Forgan shooting under par, but New Mexico State ran away with their 4th consecutive men's golf championship.

Tech's 4th place finish is our highest ever in the WAC.

Final Team Leaderboard
    +11 New Mexico State
    +24 San Jose State
    +25 Fresno State
    +37 Louisiana Tech
    +37 Idaho
    +49 Nevada
    +57 Boise State
    +57 Hawai'i
    +86 Utah State

Final Individual Leaderboard
    +5 Jonathan Bale (7th)
    +10 Sam Forgan (13th)
    +14 Clinton Shepard (22nd)
    +14 Jack Lempke (22nd)
    +15 Cody Santone (26th)

Congrats to Shepard and Lempke for earning All-WAC honors!

First Team All-WAC
    Tim Madigan, Sr., New Mexico State
    Bhavik Patel, Jr., Fresno State
    Scott Smith, Sr., Nevada
    Mark Hubbard, Sr., San Jose State
    Damian Telles, So., Idaho

Second Team All-WAC
    Jay Myers, Jr., San Jose State
    Gaston De La Torre, Jr., New Mexico State
    Jarred Bossio, Jr., Idaho
    Clinton Shepard, sr., Louisiana Tech
    Kevin Lucas, Jr., Nevada

Player of the Year: Tim Madigan, Sr., New Mexico State
    Freshman of the Year: Jack Lempke, Louisiana Tech
    Coach of the Year: Scott Lieberwirth, New Mexico State

Last edited by Dawg06; 05-04-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

We moved up one spot in the national rankings. New Mexico State earned the WAC's automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament, and Idaho and San Jose State are in position to earn at-large bids.

Updated National Rankings

10 LSU
    32 UCF
    49 Tulsa
    51 East Carolina
    53 New Mexico State
    58 SMU
    65 Southeastern La.
    66 Memphis
    69 Idaho
    70 San Jose State
    75 Fresno State
    86 Louisiana Tech
    87 Nevada
    88 La.-Lafayette
    91 Southern Miss
    104 Houston
    111 Texas State
    117 Rice
    120 UAB
    126 La.-Monroe
    143 Marshall
    173 Utah State
    179 UTEP
    181 Hawai'i
    192 Boise State
    195 UTSA
    199 Nicholls State
    225 McNeese State
    Last edited by Dawg06; 05-04-2011 at 09:05 PM.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I like that our non-revenue sports seem to be improving. Soccer, Tennis, and Golf here with their best years in a while. Need to find a way to start winning in volleyball.

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    I like that our non-revenue sports seem to be improving. Soccer, Tennis, and Golf here with their best years in a while. Need to find a way to start winning in volleyball.
    It's almost impossible for us to win WAC volleyball matches. Volleyball is a very big deal out west, and nobody in Louisiana plays volleyball. Hawai'i volleyball matches draw 6,000+ fans and are broadcast on tv. There isn't a single student-athlete from Louisiana, Arkansas, or Mississippi on our roster. We have to go to Brazil, Bulgaria, and Guam to find players. After our new pool is finished, I hope we drop volleyball in favor of a swim team so we can recruit local and regional student-athletes.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Better add softball to that list too at 13-36 and 4-14 WAC this year. Tech won't make the WAC Tournament if doesn't at least win two games in Logan this weekend and only then if Hawai'i sweeps San Jose State.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    It's almost impossible for us to win WAC volleyball matches. Volleyball is a very big deal out west, and nobody in Louisiana plays volleyball. Hawai'i volleyball matches draw 6,000+ fans and are broadcast on tv. There isn't a single student-athlete from Louisiana, Arkansas, or Mississippi on our roster. We have to go to Brazil, Bulgaria, and Guam to find players. After our new pool is finished, I hope we drop volleyball in favor of a swim team so we can recruit local and regional student-athletes.
    Does Louisiana high schools have female swim teams?

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Does Louisiana high schools have female swim teams?
    Yes, but much like AAU basketball, competitive swimming is mostly done with the swim clubs.

Louisiana Swim Clubs
    Bayou Barracudas - Houma
    Blast Swim Team - Covington
    Bulldog Aquatic Club - Ruston
    Cajun Clippers Swim Team - La Rose
    City of Alexandria Swim Team - Alexandria
    City of Lafayette Aquatics - Lafayette
    City of Shreveport Swim Team - Shreveport
    Crawfish Aquatics - Baton Rouge, Lafayette
    Crescent City Swim Club - Metairie
    CREW Swimming - Chalmette
    Demon Athletic Club - Natchitoches
    Elmwood Sharks - Harahan
    Franco's Swimming - Mandeville
    Fort Polk Swim Team - Fort Polk
    Hurricane Swim Club - Slidell
    Jennings Aquadog Swim League - Jennings
    Jo Jo's Hope - Mandeville
    LA GOLD - Monroe
    Louisiana College Aquatic Team - Pineville
    New Iberia Aquatics - New Iberia
    NORD Aquatics Jets - New Orleans
    Nu Wave Swim Club - New Orleans
    Opelousas Swim Team - Opelousas
    Pelican Athletic Club Swim Team - Mandeville
    Red River Rapids Swim Club - Pineville
    Riptide Swim Club - Hammond
    South Louisiana Swim Team - River Ridge
    Spartan Swimming - Sulphur
    Tiger Aquatics - Baton Rouge
    WLM Swim CLub - Alexandria

2010 Louisiana High School Girls' State Swim Meet Qualifiers
    Northshore
    St. Joseph's
    Saint Scholastica
    Fontainebleau
    Mandeville
    Dominican
    Lafayette
    Dutchtown
    Mount Carmel
    Barbe
    C.E. Byrd
    East Aschension
    Baton Rouge Magnet
    Slidell
    Sulphur
    Pineville
    St. Thomas More
    Destrehan
    Natchitoches Central
    South Lafourche
    Denham Springs
    Archbishop Chapelle
    Terrebonne
    St. Amant

Louisiana NCAA Division I Womens' Swimming & Diving Teams
    LSU
    Tulane

Centenary and UNO are dropping to lower divisions and may be dropping swimming. I'm don't know.

Mississippi has no DI women's swimming & diving teams.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 05-04-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    After our new pool is finished, I hope we drop volleyball in favor of a swim team so we can recruit local and regional student-athletes.
    Can't do that as long as Tech is a WAC member...women's volleyball is a mandatory sport that full members must sponsor. The other mandatory sports are football, men's basketball, and women's basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Can't do that as long as Tech is a WAC member...women's volleyball is a mandatory sport that full members must sponsor. The other mandatory sports are football, men's basketball, and women's basketball.
    I realize volleyball is considered a "core" WAC sport, but I think we could push the WAC to change that rule. What's Benson gonna do if we drop volleyball? Kick us out? If Benson wants another "core" sport, he should make it softball or soccer, sports in Louisiana that girls actually play. I just don't see any point in sponsoring an irrelevant sport that we have no chance to compete in.

+ Reply to Thread