+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Aillet East Side TV Update?

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Re: Joe Aillet East Side TV Update?

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    My understanding(correct me if I am wrong):

The "TVs" will not act as "TVs" as you would think. They act as monitors, basically, with the video/data feed being carried by CAT5/6 ethernet cable. The cabling will need to be run from the production truck/area which is on the west side of the stadium.(?) The fist obstacle will be to run a length of ethernet cable to these locations. The maximum length a single CAT5/6 ethernet cable can run is 100 meters, or 300ft. If it is longer than that fiber optics will need to be run, resulting in more expensive hardware/switches to be installed; or a repeater will need to be installed to boost the signal.

Little more complex than "running like 2 wires".
    Just a suggestion, but wireless internet wouldn't work either would it.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    My understanding(correct me if I am wrong):

The "TVs" will not act as "TVs" as you would think. They act as monitors, basically, with the video/data feed being carried by CAT5/6 ethernet cable. The cabling will need to be run from the production truck/area which is on the west side of the stadium.(?) The fist obstacle will be to run a length of ethernet cable to these locations. The maximum length a single CAT5/6 ethernet cable can run is 100 meters, or 300ft. If it is longer than that fiber optics will need to be run, resulting in more expensive hardware/switches to be installed; or a repeater will need to be installed to boost the signal.

Little more complex than "running like 2 wires".
    This too.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    So is this project currently in limbo? I thought that they had taken care of the issues after last season. I thought someone mentioned that they realized they couldn't wire it like the West side, but it would be ready for this season. From the comments posted, I am assuming this project is on the back burner for this season again?

I really think this would continue to enhance our game day experience. I hope something can be worked out.
    Some of us on the board donated money last year to have the TVs installed on the west side. I believe it cost around 1500. The east side was discussed at that time and it was determined that it would cost a lot more to do on that side because the wiring was not in place. I don't remember any discussion where anyone committed to installing TVs on the east side.

+ Reply to Thread