+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Doak Raulston to Tennessee

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Re: Doak Raulston to Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Based on what SD told our group he felt that Doak jumped the gun on transferring and that in the end he would have made a good QB in our system...
    So, it wasn't TF, it was Doak.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

I think Doak and family were so upset and the number of reps he got in the spring game, they made a very reactionary move without looking at the big picture. I don't think Doak ever got de-recruited, as the coaches would say...

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    So, it wasn't TF, it was Doak.
    Ultimately it is was his/his family's decision for him to transfer - and as Zharkins mentioned, Granpaw was very upset with the reps he got in the spring game - VERY VOCAL about it

Everyone was basically back to SQUARE ONE with the new staff and I don't think that sat very well
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Ultimately it is was his/his family's decision for him to transfer - and as Zharkins mentioned, Granpaw was very upset with the reps he got in the spring game - VERY VOCAL about it

Everyone was basically back to SQUARE ONE with the new staff and I don't think that sat very well
    What the hell they though was going to happen with a new offensive staff coming in?

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Very poorly handled by our coaches and a very dumb move by Doak. Doak will never see the field at Tennessee. Everybody lost.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Very poorly handled by our coaches and a very dumb move by Doak. Doak will never see the field at Tennessee. Everybody lost.
    Sure as hell looks that way to me. We'll see.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Disagree with the first part, but dead on on the second. I think he and his family thought he was Joe Montana. We are going to have a good TEAM this year. Doak and Granpaw where more worried about Doak than the team.

He will doing fine hold DD's clipboard at Tenn.

RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

What could the coaches have done differently? I think him going to Tennessee tells you all you need to know. If he had made a lateral move, then you could say he thought he didn't get a fair shake, but heading to Tennessee makes it appear more like Chad Beverage 2.0 than something being mishandled by coaches. If anything was done wrong, it was the fact that this kid and his family were built up so much by T.J. that they had unrealistic expectations and couldn't face reality. So what do they do? They follow the guy that built up the expectations.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

I met grandpa last year. He was extremely convinced that Doak would start this year. Considered his grandson to be the best thing that ever happened at Tech.

Nice enough but completely bought into the Dooley cult.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    I met grandpa last year. He was extremely convinced that Doak would start this year. Considered his grandson to be the best thing that ever happened at Tech.

Nice enough but completely bought into the Dooley cult.
    Granpaw didn't mind coming on the board and trashing the other qb's on our roster--think that might indicate a lack of discretion on their part?

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Granpaw didn't mind coming on the board and trashing the other qb's on our roster--think that might indicate a lack of discretion on their part?
    As opposed to just random people trashing the other qb's on our roster...

Best of luck to the young man.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

I think Doak did the right thing. He was a game manager ala Ross and Colby. I also think Dooley did the right thing bringing him over to Tennessee. He must have recruited him really hard while he was at Tech and made some promises to Doak. He fits the Tennessee system better than this one. Franklin's best offenses are with dual-threat QB's.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    I think Doak did the right thing. He was a game manager ala Ross and Colby. I also think Dooley did the right thing bringing him over to Tennessee. He must have recruited him really hard while he was at Tech and made some promises to Doak. He fits the Tennessee system better than this one. Franklin's best offenses are with dual-threat QB's.
    Franklin may prefer dual threat QBs but he will work with what we have. I have a hard time believing that if a good QB was on the roster but not mobile enough for the system that we wouldn't adjust it.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    As opposed to just random people trashing the other qb's on our roster...

Best of luck to the young man.
    I dunno, I think there's a difference.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I dunno, I think there's a difference.
    I have to agree with you, Boxer. I think it's in poor taste and bad sportsmanship for the grandfather of one of our QB's to verbally and publically trash his grandson's teammates.

+ Reply to Thread