+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer Season 2010-2011

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Deer Season 2010-2011

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Used to be the only show in town for years and years...besides Oshman's, Sears, or Service Merchandise. Now they are mainly known for gun sales. The Lorant family shops in my store so we have an agreement that allows some unique financial arrangements that don't involve the taxman. We refer to it as hosstradin. I enjoy "purchasing" my firearms there as it was the place that I used to absolutely DREAM about when I was a much younger kid. I used to make my mom or dad take me there at least once a month and we purchased my first .410 and remington light 20 from them longer ago than I care to mention. It still has that neat feeeling when I go in there. Mr Lorant's two sons are TECH grads.
    so, they'd be the place to head when i purchase my 44mag rifle for the upcoming "primitive" weapon season?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    so, they'd be the place to head when i purchase my 44mag rifle for the upcoming "primitive" weapon season?

Is the 44 Mag part of that primitive caliber/rolling block (hammer) design deal? We sighted in our 45/70's this morning. The 45/70 is an awesome cartridge.

BTW: Just got back from more tilling/liming of plots and shooting lanes. Also tilled up our winter garden area by the camp. We will plant tender mustard greens, butterkrisp lettuce, radishes, and carrots for this year. When we camp out we just bring some salad dressing and pick our stuff there.
    We are also planting 200 ft row of Granex 33 hybrid onions: Vidalia's that we'll harvest in the spring and Italian and elephant garlic for the spring harvest as well.

Man it was HOT!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Is the 44 Mag part of that primitive caliber/rolling block (hammer) design deal? We sighted in our 45/70's this morning. The 45/70 is an awesome cartridge.

BTW: Just got back from more tilling/liming of plots and shooting lanes. Also tilled up our winter garden area by the camp. We will plant tender mustard greens, butterkrisp lettuce, radishes, and carrots for this year. When we camp out we just bring some salad dressing and pick our stuff there.
    We are also planting 200 ft row of Granex 33 hybrid onions: Vidalia's that we'll harvest in the spring and Italian and elephant garlic for the spring harvest as well.

Man it was HOT!

yep, its included. Shot my friends 44mag last year when i was looking for something for my 6 year old to shoot. he actually shot my 270 last year with reduced recoil shells and did fine. figured if i got the 44mag it would be somethign both B and me could shoot for another weekend before the "real season".

was gonna go put out the feeder barrels this weekend but, it just never happened.

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

Wouldn't take anything for 45-70.I have never had a deer take a step after being shot with it.Shoot nothing but Hornady 325 grain.

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

Corn went up $20 a ton Saturday. Bought 2 tons Friday ($398).Was told the Europeans lost their wheat crop so our corn went up.How much sense does that make? Any excuse they can get I guess.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darbonnedawg View Post
    Corn went up $20 a ton Saturday. Bought 2 tons Friday ($398).Was told the Europeans lost their wheat crop so our corn went up.How much sense does that make? Any excuse they can get I guess.
    I thought it was Russia, but still...

Supply and demand. The demand for corn just went up. My problem is that it never goes down in price to the consumer when the commodity price goes to the crapper.

BTW, I refuse to by any corn in those lsu looking sacks.

Me too. Buy mine from John Thomas. Suppose to be a bumper crop so maybe it will drop down.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darbonnedawg View Post
    Me too. Buy mine from John Thomas. Suppose to be a bumper crop so maybe it will drop down.

I thought he was selling it in purple sacks.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

My hunting buddy bought corn last weekend..it came from Ruston area and it also came in purple and gold bags.

We also bought 10 sacks of rice bran. Have any of you guys tried that stuff as an attractant?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

My hunting buddy bought corn last weekend..it came from Ruston area and it also came in purple and gold bags.

We also bought 10 sacks of rice bran. Have any of you guys tried that stuff as an attractant?
    O'Neals usually carries it in those purple and gold bags. Tech Drive Citgo now has corn. It's in the brown bags, and it is overpriced I thought. About 7.50 a bag. As far as rice bran goes, I've used it quite a bit. Deer absolutely love it. One drawback is that if it gets rained on it molds pretty quick.

Don't remember John ever having the purple and puke. Oneals did last year.

was surveying south of shreveport today and walking a fence line in a bean field looking for a prop corner. I guess i was looking out in the bean field my first pass but as I returned i saw something high in the fence. I knew what it was before i could even really make it out very well. Sure enough, it was a deer leg, or at least the bone from foot to hip. the foot had got twisted in the top wire and the second when it jumped the fence and i guess he/she was just stuck there until varmits came along. I've seen that one other time, and it sucks, but, i guess that life in the deer world.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    was surveying south of shreveport today and walking a fence line in a bean field looking for a prop corner. I guess i was looking out in the bean field my first pass but as I returned i saw something high in the fence. I knew what it was before i could even really make it out very well. Sure enough, it was a deer leg, or at least the bone from foot to hip. the foot had got twisted in the top wire and the second when it jumped the fence and i guess he/she was just stuck there until varmits came along. I've seen that one other time, and it sucks, but, i guess that life in the deer world.
    We had a fawn get hung up in a fence one time and put it down cause it was suffering so bad. Sad to see, but better for the animal.

ok you slackers, i'll post the first pics for 2010-11 !! this was Brendans first deer ever. he didnt want his face painted, but, i told him it was bad luck not to and that he might not ever kill another deer if we didnt

the vitals: 7 years old, 6:45pm, 50 yrds, .270, PERFECT shot.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Seen a bunch of good bucks during the day, brother is a bow hunter, but I have to wait til the 270 short mag is legal.

+ Reply to Thread