+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck season 2010-2011

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: Duck season 2010-2011

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    3 limits Saturday morning in Monroe. 1 mallard drake, 1 canvasback hen, 2 teal, 2 shovels, 12 gads
    Call me back butthead! Gonna see if you want to go sniping tomorrow. BTW: You and your buddy have something on your faces in the pic..you may want to tidy-up a bit before the next pics.

Sniper - It's a British term (for those of you whom have never shot snipe in the UK, they are uncanny little buggers who fly an undulating, weaving pattern at remarkable speed)These shore birds are often found inland and prefer a mix of woodland, pastures and water. Therefore, in the days of old, anyone who managed to bring one down was considered somewhat of a marksman - sniper if you will. I say, jefferies is a bit of a sniper old chap. Watch him.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Killed 127 ducks Thurs-Sunday. 61 were mallards. Will try and post pics, how do you post pics??

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chathamdawgfan View Post
    4 of us killed a limit this morning in Jones. All teal.

Glad you caught the tresspassers (or at least the vehicle).
    I'm gonna have to figure out how to get in a lease in the Jones area LOL

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    Killed 127 ducks Thurs-Sunday. 61 were mallards. Will try and post pics, how do you post pics??
    that's getting after them...what area? bosco? hwy 15?

still waiting on water for the jonesville/louisiana delta area. heard that it's been a slaughter on catahoula lake thus far.

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    that's getting after them...what area? bosco? hwy 15?

still waiting on water for the jonesville/louisiana delta area. heard that it's been a slaughter on catahoula lake thus far.

Just south of I 20 between Tallulah and Mound.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Here's some more pics for you guys that "breast out" your ducks. This is a prime example of hand-plucked, and seared (I use my outdoor burner to singe the fluff) ducks ready for the roaster. Oranges/Apples/Grapes/Onion/Celery Tops (leaves and all-this is where all the flavor is)/Carrots/New Potatoes/Beef Base (use beef boullion or canned beef consume)

Stuff your ducks with the oranges/apples/grapes and place the rest of the ingredients around your ducks in a roasting pan. Cook ducks with the breast facing down.
    Fill roasting pan with your beef base/red wine/and some high quality H2O until veggies/potatoes are covered and roast with a lid on your pan. Check every hour or so until done. When you pull on a duck leg and it comes off the bird fairly easily then you are done. The roasting temp is 375 degrees and the time varies greatly by the amount of ducks/potatoes and such being roasted but give yourself two or three hours. Serve with rice and a nice Zinfandel or Pinot Noir.

you could just breast them out and wrap in bacon and grill but, IMO, you're throwing out the best parts (skin/legs/backmeat/bone-meat) and wasting a very valuable resource. After all: you get up at what time in the AM? Go to what lengths to actually shoot the ducks?...and then you're gonna go short on processing/cooking?

IMGP3446.jpg

IMGP3444.jpg

IMGP3442.jpg

IMGP3438.jpg

How do you post pics?

Hit post reply..then click on the paper clip arrow down thingy at the top of your reply window. Hit browse and go to my pics in my documents.. then hit upload. If this doesn't work PM DocMarvin and he'll walk you through.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

got 4-5 inches of rain last night in jonesville area. i hope we will be banging this weekend.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

i hope we will be banging this weekend.
    pfffft!

Here are a few pics from Thanksgiving week/weekend....

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

finally got to hunt our blinds in the catahoula lake area after last week's rain. Friday, one blind of two guys got 5 teal and 3 spoons, and other blind of 4 people shot 16 (4 mallards, 2 grays, rest teal). Saturday, our best blind got 14 ducks (3 mallards, 1 pintail, rest teal) and 5 specks.

decent amount of ducks. more geese though. under low water conditions, it looked like we were hunting in the prairie pothole region of north dakota.

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    Here are a few pics from Thanksgiving week/weekend....

Attachment 6423

Attachment 6424

Attachment 6425

Attachment 6426
    here is a pic of an interesting duck we killed recently (it looks like an albino mallard hen).
    Attached Images Attached Images

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

here is a pic of an interesting duck we killed recently (it looks like an albino mallard hen).
    Can't see the front and head, are you sure that isn't a Canvasback hen? I've killed a few of those near Mansfield, LA several years ago.

I have been duck hunting all of my life and I have never-ever-seen this many mallards in one place before. I tried to "layout" for some specklebellies this past Sunday at our place in Bradley, Ark but didn't have any luck. The cool thing was that I witnessed the mallards absolutely POURING in to our property. It didn't matter if it was an actual flooded rice field, a dry harvested rice or corn field, a drainage ditch, or puddle they were everywhere. I snapped a couple of pics but they are taken into the sun and I used zoom so that I didn't spook the field. This is a pic of the corner of one of our fields and almost 100% of these ducks are mallards. What you can't see is that the muddy field that is in between the flooded field and me taking the pic has just as many ducks all over it as did the rest of the property. I haven't been back to hunt but anybody on our place that has been, we opened on tuesday, has absolutely smoked the ducks.
    IMGP3447.jpg

IMGP3448.jpg

+ Reply to Thread