View Poll Results: Besides Tech-Grambling, what's your most anticipated match up for week 1?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boise versus Virginia Tech

122 80.26%
  • Southeastern at Tulane

1 0.66%
  • Southern Cal at Hawaii

4 2.63%
  • Purdue at Notre Dame

1 0.66%
  • Kentucky at Louisville

2 1.32%
  • Tennessee Martine at Tennessee

2 1.32%
  • Oregon state versus TCU

7 4.61%
  • Baton Rouge Community College versus North Carolina

13 8.55%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Besides Tech-Grambling, what's your most anticipated match up for week 1?

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Re: Besides Tech-Grambling, what's your most anticipated match up for week 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfido View Post
    My wish list for opening weekend:

LSU over North Carolina
    Boise over Virginia Tech
    Tech mauls Grambling
    San Jose over Alabama
    Saban would get fired after the game.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    You sure about this chick? That would have been a deal-breaker for me.

I've actually been pretty lucky living in South Louisiana now for 7 years and only dating LSU-haters. I guess it's about time I get stuck with a typical fan down here. I can't blame her, since she went to ULL and is from South Louisiana... Of course she knows absolutely nothing about Tech and assumes North Louisiana is no different than the backwards coonass southern half of the state... I'm having to educate her about God's Country.

She can enjoy the LSUseless loss to the Tarheels while I'm kicked back in Indy Stadium, watching us bury Grambling's football team.

I tell you what, SixWings, if you can get me a job in Ruston, I can move back there and then only date Tech women. :icon_wink: Sounds like a great deal to me!

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    I've actually been pretty lucky living in South Louisiana now for 7 years and only dating LSU-haters. I guess it's about time I get stuck with a typical fan down here. I can't blame her, since she went to ULL and is from South Louisiana... Of course she knows absolutely nothing about Tech and assumes North Louisiana is no different than the backwards coonass southern half of the state... I'm having to educate her about God's Country.

She can enjoy the LSUseless loss to the Tarheels while I'm kicked back in Indy Stadium, watching us bury Grambling's football team.

I tell you what, SixWings, if you can get me a job in Ruston, I can move back there and then only date Tech women. :icon_wink: Sounds like a great deal to me!
    As much as I'd love to, I'm afraid I'm stuck even further down. :icon_wink: I'm in NO, and luckily found a Tech girl who's from down here.

I was just giving you a hard time. I'm sure she's great.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    As much as I'd love to, I'm afraid I'm stuck even further down. :icon_wink: I'm in NO, and luckily found a Tech girl who's from down here.

I was just giving you a hard time. I'm sure she's great.
    She is great, otherwise I wouldn't put up with the tigger-lovin'. Since I've been in Baton Rouge, I've somehow managed to date one girl that really just didn't care at all about football or college teams, and the rest were hardcore or passive ULL fans that were friendly toward Tech, but HATED LSU. Obviously those relationships didn't last, so maybe a little fire between us via our rivalry will help, who knows. Mainly though, she just bugs me by saying she wishes well for little brother Tech that's not even in the same league....

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    She is great, otherwise I wouldn't put up with the tigger-lovin'. Since I've been in Baton Rouge, I've somehow managed to date one girl that really just didn't care at all about football or college teams, and the rest were hardcore or passive ULL fans that were friendly toward Tech, but HATED LSU. Obviously those relationships didn't last, so maybe a little fire between us via our rivalry will help, who knows. Mainly though, she just bugs me by saying she wishes well for little brother Tech that's not even in the same league....
    Honey it would be better to be alone.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

VT beats Boise:

1. I have VT friends/family
    2. I'd like to be the one to pop the BS University's bubble but an opening loss would really set the tone for the rest of the season, as Dawgmatic said.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya261 View Post
    I can't wait to see LSU's get held to about 140 yards of total offense in a game that probably won't even be close. UNC by 14 points. Oh, and VT will beat Boise, I have already put a sizeable amount of dough on it.
    You better call and get that money back!!!.......though not sure Boise plays as well east of the Mississippi.....betting against that team is scary. 21 returning starters.....wow!!!

Varsity Bulldog bsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the rough

I voted broncos, but will be more concerned about Hawaii and how they look before we (wife and I) make the trip ta Hawaii this year for that game.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I feel sorry for the Hokies... Chris Petersen has had 8 months to prepare for this season opener... YIKESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I feel sorry for the Hokies... Chris Petersen has had 8 months to prepare for this season opener... YIKESSSSSS!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, I think Boise is going to really dash any hopes for VT this year. Boise is going to be very very good - better than last year.

Besides, I REALLY want to be the ones that hand them that loss.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Boise is going to cover easily. Anyone who put money on VT hasn't done their homework. That's all I'll say.

0 out of 10 indicators that I use in wagering lead to VT covering, much less winning. Boise by 20+.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by bsngr View Post
    I voted broncos, but will be more concerned about Hawaii and how they look before we (wife and I) make the trip ta Hawaii this year for that game.
    If it makes you feel any better, I think this will be the best chance we've had to beat them on the Island. And that's saying a lot, considering we probably should have beat them in 08.

Varsity Bulldog tangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    You better call and get that money back!!!.......though not sure Boise plays as well east of the Mississippi.....betting against that team is scary. 21 returning starters.....wow!!!
    Remember the Georgia game a few years ago. That might happen again!

Guest Lilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by tangidawg View Post
    Remember the Georgia game a few years ago. That might happen again!
    Probably wont. Virginia Tech is always slightly overrated as a top notch BCS program. I see Virginia Tech and Boise being on equal footing which makes Boise super dangerous in this match up.

Varsity Bulldog techstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to all

Yea VT is so overrated, I mean they have only won 10 games six straight seasons. I would bet the house on Va Tech. Boise is finally playing a BCS team outside the Pac-10 I give them props for that.

+ Reply to Thread