one of our fellow BB&Bers for making me the first winner of the Dykes signed football. He joined LTAC at the Signing Day Luncheon.
You know who you are....Thanks!

Dear Adam,

Bulldog football is almost here! Players report for the start of camp this Sunday, August 8, and the first game is less than a month away. I hope to see all of you on September 4 as the Bulldogs take on Grambling in Shreveport, Louisiana.

I would like to update you on several items relevant to LTAC and benefits for the upcoming athletics year:

1. Football Parking passes are in the process of being printed and will be mailed the week of August 16. Season tickets will be mailed separately but should arrive around the same time as the parking passes.

1. 110% Club gifts have been ordered and will be in by the end of August. I will send an email to all qualifying LTAC members when the gifts arrive. If you have any questions about the 110% Club, please contact me at adam@latechalumni.org. Thanks to all who participated in the success of this program; your generosity continues to make a big difference!

2. The Just Get One initiative is still underway with many new members resulting from referrals by current LTAC members. The first winner of a Sonny Dykes autographed football is Adam Bullock of Bossier City, LA. The grand prize of a trip for two to an away game is still up for grabs. You have until the end of August to refer new members and increase your chances of winning this trip.

3. There has been a change in the NCAA media guide policy that affects the printing and distribution of media guides. New legislation was passed this summer stating that after August 1, 2010, printed media guides are no longer able to be given to prospective student-athletes. Like many other schools across the country, including 8 of the 9 WAC schools, Louisiana Tech Athletics made the decision not to print any media guides for the upcoming athletics year based on this ruling. However, a full-color media guide will be available in the coming weeks on www.latechsports.com.

I explored the option of printing a smaller number of media guides for our donors since media guides are a benefit of being an LTAC member at the Trophy level or above. We checked with the NCAA about this possibility. The NCAA policy is that any media guides printed for any reason must be the exact same version that appears on the website. This sounds simple enough.however NCAA rules allow the online version of the media guide to be completely in color. The same rules stipulate that any printed version may have color covers, but all inside pages must be printed in black and white only. Therefore, if we print any guides at all, our website must be in black and white as well, seriously detracting from the visual effect. This would obviously limit the impact of the media guide as a recruiting tool, so I trust you understand the decision not to print any guides.

I apologize for the late change of plans, but the new NCAA regulations were made just recently, long after the printing of the LTAC information for 2010.
Thank you for your support as an LTAC member for the 2010 athletics year. Please contact me at anytime if you have any questions about the above information or any other matter.

Go Dogs!

Adam McGuirt
LTAC Director
(318) 255-7950
adam@latechalumni.org
I also qualify for the 110% Club! I wonder what that gift will be!