+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CBS: Les Miles is a bad guy.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

CBS: Les Miles is a bad guy.

LSU football coach Les Miles is a bad guy -- literally, a subspecies of human being -- but make no mistake about this: I'm not calling him a cheater. Miles is a bad guy, but he's a bad guy with the official approval of the NCAA...

Les Miles, who's so full of crap he needs a full-body enema. A bad guy, I'm telling you, and in a minute I'll tell you why. And when I'm done, you'll agree with me...

At LSU, Les Miles went grim reaper this year on three different someones -- none more appallingly than Elliott Porter...

In his dorm room. On campus. Lifting weights and taking classes. Called into Les Miles' office and told to go home. It's indefensible, and it ought to be illegal. Next time it happens, I don't want to call Les Miles a bad man. I want to call him a cheater...

So is Houston Nutt...

Read more here: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/13727507

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Re: CBS: Les Miles is a bad guy.

This goes on at an egregious level at all AQ schools. Has for years. I hate it for Mr. Porter, but if you subscribe to the philosophy that "everything happens for a reason", maybe he was supposed to do great things on the football field somewhere besides BR.

Also teaches some of these unfortunate kids a good lesson. Don't trust anyone. They should realize from jump that those coaches are recruiting these kids to make themselves look good, not for the kid's benefit. As shady and dispicable as it is, there's still positives if you look hard enough and keep the right perspective.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

All the while, we need to fill our roster and can offer guys the chance to play some now. That is crazy and you would think there is a way to really get on to coaches that do it.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I've got a feeling that LSU will be looking for a new coach soon. I'm not sure what win total would be acceptable for LSU fans but I assume he isn't going to reach it.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I've got a feeling that LSU will be looking for a new coach soon. I'm not sure what win total would be acceptable for LSU fans but I assume he isn't going to reach it.
    I remember reading over his contract last year sometime. I think, and don't quote me on this, that it said that any 8+ win season kept his job safe through whenever his contract runs out. I think any less than 8 this year gets him run out of town. I work with a TON of tiger faithful (and Bulldog friendly) people and ALL of them can't stand leslie. Can't imagine what the baton rouge high rollers are thinking about it.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    I remember reading over his contract last year sometime. I think, and don't quote me on this, that it said that any 8+ win season kept his job safe through whenever his contract runs out. I think any less than 8 this year gets him run out of town. I work with a TON of tiger faithful (and Bulldog friendly) people and ALL of them can't stand leslie. Can't imagine what the baton rouge high rollers are thinking about it.
    The Baton Rouge media is VERY pessimistic about their season this year. I'm glad the LaTech-friendly (I-20 corridor) media is optimistic about us!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

It really doesn't matter if they fire him or not. The political circus they have down there will bring in another coach just like him, and the cycle will start all over again. The success they had in BR over the past decade was directly because of Nick Saban, and Leslie won his BCS with Saban's players. Saban was the exception to the LSU rule for two reasons:

1. Mark Emmert was chancellor and did not allow politics to play a role in the hiring of the new coach (which turned out to be Saban), and

2. Saban had the stones to tell everybody to leave him alone, and he did not allow politics to play a role in anything he did.

No one before was able to keep politics out of it, and the hiring of Leslie was a poor decision brought about by politics. I don't see that changing the next time they try to hire a football coach.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope that these types of situations are exposed more and more by the media. Could only hurt recruiting.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

At LSU, Les Miles went grim reaper this year on three different someones -- none more appallingly than Elliott Porter. Porter is a freshman offensive lineman from Waggaman, La., who signed with LSU in February,

History Note: this community is named for the Waggaman Plantation that stood there prior to the Civil War. The main house had two marble statues of lions on the front walkway...statues brought to Louisiana from the Italian city of Pompei (the one wiped out by that volcano), when the Miss River changed course the lions toppled into the river and are today buried in hundreds of feet of sand.

Eugene Waggaman, a son of the owner, was in the Confederate Army. He rose to the rank of colonel and was in command of the vaunted Louisiana Tigers. Once numbering 12,000 the Fightin' Tigers were down to a mere 1,200 when General Robert E. Lee ordered them to lead the way in an attack to escape at Appomattox. The Tigers broke through the Yankee line and sent word back that the road to Lynchburg was open. But, by then, the rest of Lee's army had been too slow and was unable to break out. Colonel Waggaman led his men back....and as you know Lee surrendered at Appomattox.

LSU took its name, not from the animal, but from those "Tigers" which of course is not PC today.

Last month, still needing to whittle down to get his overall roster to the NCAA-allowed maximum of 85 scholarship players, Miles cut redshirt freshman quarterback Chris Garrett. That slash of his scythe was especially galling, seeing how one year earlier Miles had talked Garrett out of his oral commitment to Mississippi State. Last week Garrett, after being screwed out of two SEC schools by Les Miles, transferred to Northwestern State. I don't know what NCAA division that school is in. Not even sure what state it's in.

Note: was listening to a local sports talk show last night and so TYPICAL of the other schools, these radio dudes who are supposed to be the "voice" of NSU athletics were saying while Garrett was NOT good enough for LSU...cuz, afterall, we all know how great LSU is, right, that this Garrett guy is plenty good for NSU.

Can you imagine Dave Nitz saying something like that about some kid Tech got in a transfer from an SEC school?

I'd like to remind ALL Louisiana college football fans that the gawd-almighty LSpoo does not get the best QBs...let's see:

Terry Bradshaw, Matt Dunigan, Tim Rattay....TECH
    Jake Delhomme....ULL
    Stan Humphries...ULM
    Doug Williams....GSU
    Bobby Hebert...NSU
    Patrick Ramsey....Tulane

just to name a few I could think of quickly.

All I know for sure is this: Les Miles is a bad guy.

Note: Miles from Nowhere is an idiot.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

You forgot Peyton Manning ... Tennessee; Eli Manning ... Ole Miss

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Leslie's doing a wonderful job. Leave him alone!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Leslie's doing a wonderful job. Leave him alone!
    Damn right he is. He's helping Louisiana Tech in more ways than you can imagine. I want him there a long long long long time.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

If they start a "Fire Les Miles" Website, we should start a "Keep Les Miles" Site......

He needs a chance to REALLY drive them far into the ground, so that it will be difficult for them to come back.

Big Dog aan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    You forgot Peyton Manning ... Tennessee; Eli Manning ... Ole Miss

You forgot LSU got the greatest QB of all JaMarcus Rusell

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread