+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about BOSS

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Question about BOSS

Would it kill Tech to get a new system that is on 24/7? The BOSS system is hardly ever on when you need it

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: Question about BOSS

Rebel, I hate to be the dummy, BUT...

What is BOSS?

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Rebel, I hate to be the dummy, BUT...

What is BOSS?
    Where you schedule classes and pay for them

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    Where you schedule classes and pay for them
    You should file a complaint to whoever is running the system. As an IT person, I think the program sucks a big fat donkey d*ck.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Speaking of BOSS, I need to get on it to check on some classes right now....but its offline. Big shocker there.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

BOSS ties into the mainframe, which has to go down for maintenance. It would kill the IT budget to replace the mainframe, there's a reason tons of them are still running major systems all over the place.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    BOSS ties into the mainframe, which has to go down for maintenance. It would kill the IT budget to replace the mainframe, there's a reason tons of them are still running major systems all over the place.
    Coming from another IT person, there is NO reason it has to be down the times it is down.

Downtimes:
    12:00-12:30pm
    6:00-9:00pm
    7:00-7:45am

These happen everyday.

These are just the posted downtimes. They rarely stick by this schedule and are usually down longer than posted. Such a headache.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

MS State uses the same system (they call it Banner) and it's only down for a few minutes early Sunday morning. I've never understood BOSS's downtime.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I say bring back the racing forums and class punch cards -

Then ya'll youngins will REALLY KNOW what registering for classes was all about!

Oh the computer is down and I can't register from my laptop while I'm drinking my cafe mocca latte frappe....

No wonder this generation has gone to hell in a hand basket...

Nothing like FIGHTING for a class card
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I say bring back the racing forums and class punch cards -

Then ya'll youngins will REALLY KNOW what registering for classes was all about!

Oh the computer is down and I can't register from my laptop while I'm drinking my cafe mocca latte frappe....

No wonder this generation has gone to hell in a hand basket...

Nothing like FIGHTING for a class card
    Thanks DFM. The fear of heading to the Tonk and waiting in line only to find out your class is sold out. The panic of trying to figure out what teacher and class to take has served me well in the real world. This was what happened every quarter and when you had the late slot to register you needed a calculator to figure out your options. Oh, that's right, calculators didn't exist.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Thanks DFM. The fear of heading to the Tonk and waiting in line only to find out your class is sold out. The panic of trying to figure out what teacher and class to take has served me well in the real world. This was what happened every quarter and when you had the late slot to register you needed a calculator to figure out your options. Oh, that's right, calculators didn't exist.
    Top priority for fall and spring was always

> No 8:00 am classes

> Nothing after 12:00 on MWF

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

I remember debating with myself the give and take between a good teacher or a good time slot.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    I remember debating with myself the give and take between a good teacher or a good time slot.
    Toward the end it was, "just give me a teacher I can understand."

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

It still is trust me. Nobody want to be in class after 12 on a Friday.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

In the late 90's/early 00's we had to go to Wyly 2nd floor and there was an elderly lady who would send your ass out if your advising form wasn't up to snuff. And then you had to sit down with a student worker using a 1980's IBM green screen terminal to get your classes.

+ Reply to Thread