+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dish or Direct?

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Re: Dish or Direct?

Had direct for 2 years now after telling comcast and suddenlink to hit the bricks. Didnt mind suddenlink's service, I just couldn't justify the price for what little I got. They stick it to you if you dont have all 3 services.

Anywho, my parents and I both got a letter from direct a couple months ago saying local channels will be added to the lineup sometime around November. I'd give the edge to direct over dish anyway, and this totally sealed the deal. We'll see what happens though. I love direct though, service has been above and beyond what I expect from a tv provider.

Varsity Bulldog svb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the rough svb002's Avatar

My parents have had DirecTV since 1998 and love it (live in Dodson). They're supposed to be getting local channels by the end of the year, I think. So when we bought our house in CLT, I insisted we get DirecTV rather than that God-forsaken cable crap we were stuck with in our apartment. Love it! Great customer service and we got NFL Sunday Ticket for free last year. The only drawback is rainy weather.

The only thing I'm missing is access to ESPN3.com. We have Time Warner cable internet.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dish outplayed Direct in every aspect for me--very pleased with my selection.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

I've had Dish for about 7 years now and love it. Wouldn't switch if I was paid to.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by svb002 View Post
    My parents have had DirecTV since 1998 and love it (live in Dodson). They're supposed to be getting local channels by the end of the year, I think. So when we bought our house in CLT, I insisted we get DirecTV rather than that God-forsaken cable crap we were stuck with in our apartment. Love it! Great customer service and we got NFL Sunday Ticket for free last year. The only drawback is rainy weather.

The only thing I'm missing is access to ESPN3.com. We have Time Warner cable internet.
    Whoa, why is rainy weather a drawback?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Whoa, why is rainy weather a drawback?
    Probably the one thing satellite owners will NOT openly admit.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

GLM - unless its a frog strangler, rain is not an issue if it is installed correctly -

I've had Directv since 1996 and nothing beats it - Dish can't compete with the number of HD channels nor the local channels (had Dish at the camp before we built the new house)

Plus I have a digital HD OTA for 14, 10 and 8 since I get 3, 6, 12, & 33 over the satellite -

If you live in a location where you can not get DSL or cable internet - it really isn't a choice -

Plus - if anything goes wrong, equipment etc one phone call and they send me new equipment over nite

If you decide to go DTV send me a pm - I'll give you my account number for that Benjamin promotion they are having :icon_wink:
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Was pleasantly surprised to turn on the golf last weekend and find we finally have HD local channels on DISH.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Was pleasantly surprised to turn on the golf last weekend and find we finally have HD local channels on DISH.
    So did it look like a sand trap in HD?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I'll answer it -

No
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I watched in HD and it looked like sand from a sand trap to me. I could see the outline of the trap to the above and to the right of the ball. My guess is that the ball would have been outside the trap had the lip not been trampled down and the sand scattered.

Before he addressed the ball I was thinking that he shouldn't ground the club just in case the ball might be considered in the trap. I told him to get a ruling from the rules official - but somehow he couldn't hear me all the way from Louisiana.

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    GLM - unless its a frog strangler, rain is not an issue if it is installed correctly -

I've had Directv since 1996 and nothing beats it - Dish can't compete with the number of HD channels nor the local channels (had Dish at the camp before we built the new house)

Plus - if anything goes wrong, equipment etc one phone call and they send me new equipment over nite

If you decide to go DTV send me a pm - I'll give you my account number for that Benjamin promotion they are having :icon_wink:
    I agree with what Dwayne said. I believe I offered the Benjamin promo to him 1st though Dwayne. :icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog Beauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the rough Beauxier Dawg's Avatar

DirecTV is by far the best! I too called to look into canceling ESPN Gameplan for this season, and they offered to cut the season subscription in half and allow me to pay over 6 months. Also, only DirecTV offers NFL Sunday Ticket, which is important when KMSS in Shreveport ignorantly chooses the Cowboys over the Saints when there is a schedule conflict. More options, better service, better value...gotta stick with DirecTV.

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

If you're getting it for the sports packages it's not even close. Directv is far and away a better choice than Dish.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I have had dish for 3 years and like it. Will tell you if I love it after I do the HD upgrade this fall. I like having the locals and the extended package has a pretty good number of sports channels.

+ Reply to Thread