+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Tech ring?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Official Tech ring?

I remember a few years ago that there was some buzz about Dr. King trying to get an official "Tech ring" adopted. Anybody know if there is still anything going on on this front?

I'd kind of like to get a new ring, and if there is an official ring I'd like to have that.

At a minimum, though, I hope the available Tech designs get updated, and I absolutely won't buy a ring until that happens. All the designs I can find still have an old, non-standard bulldog, and the Keeny Hall motif is hardly recognizable. I'd like one with the new bulldog logo on one side and the Lady of the Mist on the other, then a blue stone with the (new style) state-T inset in the stone. I think something along those lines (perhaps with options for the setting--like red stone or no stone) would make a nice official ring design.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Official Tech ring?

I've seen a couple of rings from guys who graduated in the 70s and 80s, the stone were Red.

I got mine in 03 and opted for the blue stone with the State-T on top. One side has Kenny hall and the lady of the mist, the other has the Louisiana tech seal.

Varsity Bulldog TechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I've seen a couple of rings from guys who graduated in the 70s and 80s, the stone were Red.

I got mine in 03 and opted for the blue stone with the State-T on top. One side has Kenny hall and the lady of the mist, the other has the Louisiana tech seal.
    I've got much of the same design, except Keeny on one side and my major on the other.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I got mine in '72. It has Keeny with Lady of the Mist on one side and the Tech seal on the other. The top has a diamond with my fraternity below it.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

This is my ring.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

This is my ring.

The bulldog/seal thing in the photo on the right is the one I would most like to see updated. I thought I remembered a Lady of the Mist motif, but couldn't see it under Keeny hall in the display case.

In 96 I got a signet style ring with the state-T on top surrounded by "Louisiana Tech University," with the year on one side and "BA" on the other.

I'm thinking about getting something a little more traditional, and would love to support an "official" Tech ring. I'll likely get my wife a matching ring.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    The bulldog/seal thing in the photo on the right is the one I would most like to see updated. I thought I remembered a Lady of the Mist motif, but couldn't see it under Keeny hall in the display case.

In 96 I got a signet style ring with the state-T on top surrounded by "Louisiana Tech University," with the year on one side and "BA" on the other.

I'm thinking about getting something a little more traditional, and would love to support an "official" Tech ring. I'll likely get my wife a matching ring.
    My ring has no stone and just the Boot and T on top. Keeny with LOM on one side and a mechanical Engineering symbol on the other.

I like the idea of a standard ring as long as it looks cool.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

This is my ring.

same

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

When i got my ring back in 2001, there wasn't an option for a State-T on top that looked right, so I went with a map-compas with a fake diamond in the middle. I new wish I would have gone with the State-T they had. Also, I wasn't happy with the crap-tastic Liberal Arts crest they had for History. Two theater masks does not represent History! ugh! I'll post a picture when I find it.

I just went with the basic Tech ring in the finest alloy, Celestrium (Balfour's name for stainless steel).

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Who makes the better ring? Balfour? Whats the other company that makes them?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Who makes the better ring? Balfour? Whats the other company that makes them?
    Balfour and Josten. From what I've seen they are pretty much the same. When I got my ring back in 03, Tech used Balfour. I'm not sure if they still do or not.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Mine has a BS, the seal over the bulldog's head with the dog holding a T State. And on the other side has the year I graduated, Keeny Hall with the Lady of the Mist (fading now) on one side. There's also two connecting T's on the underside which are barely visible still after having been sent away years ago for a clean up.

Big Dog westdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the rough

I just went with the basic Tech ring in the finest alloy, Celestrium (Balfour's name for stainless steel).
    Actually, it isn't stainless steel. The Celestrium rings contain Nickle. I had to get the white gold because I am allergic to Nickle.

Quote Originally Posted by westdawg View Post
    Actually, it isn't stainless steel. The Celestrium rings contain Nickle. I had to get the white gold because I am allergic to Nickle.
    Can't some stainless steel contain some nickel?

+ Reply to Thread