+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official Tech ring?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Official Tech ring?

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Mine has a BS, the seal over the bulldog's head with the dog holding a T State. And on the other side has the year I graduated, Keeny Hall with the Lady of the Mist (fading now) on one side. There's also two connecting T's on the underside which are barely visible still after having been sent away years ago for a clean up.
    When did you get your ring? It sounds like they haven't updated the designs in about 30 years based on when you graduated.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

1977. Hey now, true classics are Da Bomb don't you know!!
    I agree with you about classics, and upon further thought I see no reason for them to update the "classic" Keeny Hall/Lady of the Mist motif. But we have a really nice Bulldog logo now, so I'd like to see that incorporated into the designs. I'd also like to see the newer, cleaner State-T used in the designs.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Mine has a BS, the seal over the bulldog's head with the dog holding a T State. And on the other side has the year I graduated, Keeny Hall with the Lady of the Mist (fading now) on one side. There's also two connecting T's on the underside which are barely visible still after having been sent away years ago for a clean up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    When did you get your ring? It sounds like they haven't updated the designs in about 30 years based on when you graduated.
    1977. Hey now, true classics are totally in don't you know!!

Big Dog westdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Can't some stainless steel contain some nickel?
    It appears you are correct. I guess most just dont contain enough to trigger my allergy.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

A closer look at Kenny Hall and the Lady of the Mist (yeah my ring needs cleaning).

Last edited by qng001; 08-25-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

A closer look at Kenny Hall and the Lady of the Mist (yeah my ring needs cleaning).

See, I would have had that on my ring if it would have been offered. Way better than the craptastic Liberal Arts - History panel...

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Your Keeny Hall and Lady of the Mist is completely different than mine.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

I went rogue when I got mine. Doesn't look like a "school ring" at all. It's rectangular, with

LOUISIANA
    <RUBY>
    TECH

With BS on one side and 90 on the other. Get a lot of compliments on it.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    Your Keeny Hall and Lady of the Mist is completely different than mine.

Can you put a picture of yours?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

I deleted the pictures of my ring that I posted in a thread along these lines awhile back. Here's the link though for the other thread. I still wouldn't trade my ring for anything. My students and co-workers are always admiring it and asking me about it and Tech. It has been the start of many great conversations about the best years of my single life.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64877

See, I like that design okay, but the problem is that the Lady is typically not visible when the ring is actually worn. I think I might prefer something that was just the Lady of the Mist.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I've seen a couple of rings from guys who graduated in the 70s and 80s, the stone were Red.

I got mine in 03 and opted for the blue stone with the State-T on top. One side has Kenny hall and the lady of the mist, the other has the Louisiana tech seal.
    They go back further than that, my Dad graduated in 59 and had that ring until he gave it to me when I graduated. It is one of my most prized possessions. I'll upload a photo as soon as I can.

+ Reply to Thread