+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CUBS

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

CUBS

Got the smoker going with ribs on it and the CUBS are on TV with Lou Piniella for the last time ever. Lou announces his retirement effective after the game today. I'm a little sad but it was a heck of a career for a heck of a player/coach/manager and he's resigning for the right reason: to take care of his ailing mother.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

Re: CUBS

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Got the smoker going with ribs on it and the CUBS are on TV with Lou Piniella for the last time ever. Lou announces his retirement effective after the game today. I'm a little sad but it was a heck of a career for a heck of a player/coach/manager and he's resigning for the right reason: to take care of his ailing mother.
    He should have retired after last season. I'm not sure his head was ever in it this year to begin with.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

In a way I'm sad to see Lou go, but I think it's for the best. I hope Hendry is next! I'm hoping that we go on a shopping spree this off-season but there is too much money tied up in Soriano, Zambrano, Fukudome, and Ramirez. Who do you think we be the manager next year? I'm thinking Sandberg.

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    In a way I'm sad to see Lou go, but I think it's for the best. I hope Hendry is next! I'm hoping that we go on a shopping spree this off-season but there is too much money tied up in Soriano, Zambrano, Fukudome, and Ramirez. Who do you think we be the manager next year? I'm thinking Sandberg.
    I hope it's not Sandberg. Maybe Bobby V. I'd like to see Adam Dunn at 1B next season.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BDog05 View Post
    I hope it's not Sandberg. Maybe Bobby V. I'd like to see Adam Dunn at 1B next season.
    I've got my fingers crossed for Dunn. Why not Sandberg?

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

It'll be Sandberg.

Yeah, I think it will be Sandberg too. Hendry needs to be gone as soon as possible.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

We need to get rid of Fukudome and Zambrano, both are major drains on the payroll and highly underachieving. I was very upset at someof the recent moves, i.e. Theriot and Lee... I can understand Fontenot and Lilly. I realize that Theriot wasn't ahveing a great season, but he has been at the upper end of the league in hitting and multi-hit games the past few years. Soriano, is Soriano and strikes out too much and is a terrible outfielder, but when he is hot he is better than any hitter in theleague. The number one person that the CUBS need to get rid of is Larry Rothschild. His pitching staff is terrible, the pen sucks and the rotation struggles early. The offense is horrid, 30+ one run losses is unexcusable, even for us.... GO CUBS!

Why not Sandberg?
    He's written articles detailing his love for bunts and steals and other such things. Look at his HOF speech for more proof. Or just look at the games he manages. He got thrown out of a game every 10 days or so last year. He sac bunted with his 3 hitter after the first two guys reached base. In the top of the 1st.

How do you propose to get rid of Fukudome or Zambrano. Nobody is going to take them on without the Cubs eating a very large sum of their contracts. If you are going to pay them they might as well be on the team. Hendry has signed numerous terrible contracts and now they have to ride them out. Lee was gone after this season anyways so that move is irrelevant.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

I want Mark Grace as a manager of any baseball team. Not sure how good he'd be at it, but the post game press conferences would be priceless.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BDog05 View Post
    He's written articles detailing his love for bunts and steals and other such things. Look at his HOF speech for more proof. Or just look at the games he manages. He got thrown out of a game every 10 days or so last year. He sac bunted with his 3 hitter after the first two guys reached base. In the top of the 1st.

How do you propose to get rid of Fukudome or Zambrano. Nobody is going to take them on without the Cubs eating a very large sum of their contracts. If you are going to pay them they might as well be on the team. Hendry has signed numerous terrible contracts and now they have to ride them out. Lee was gone after this season anyways so that move is irrelevant.
    In addition, the fiasco in Peoria might indicate he has trouble maintaining control in the clubhouse. I guess that could've happened to anyone, but it's at least worth raising an eyebrow.

The best thing for the Cubs, imo, is to start over. You're going to have to ride it out for a while. We'll see what the new owner does.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

This is what I would like to see for next year.

Head Coach- Joe Torre/ Joe Girardi
    Assistant Coach- Alan Trammell
    Hitting Coach- Rudy Jarramillo
    Pitching Coach- Greg Maddox
    3rd Base Coach - Mike Quade
    1st Base- Ryne Sandberg

Do you think the Cubs can come up with enough cash to pull Girardi away from New York? I really really hope so!

Do you think the Cubs can come up with enough cash to pull Girardi away from New York? I really really hope so!
    I don't know about the cash to bring him in but I'm almost certain they cannot get him from New York which seems primed to win another few titles.

He and his wife are both from Illinois, he went to college at Northwestern, and he played in Chicago twice. Personally, I think it would just be about getting the money to lure him away from New York.

+ Reply to Thread